• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Characters Ready for a Jungle Beatdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't think Funky is the most likely....

Groose

Smash Champion
I'd be in pure heaven if we had Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, and Cranky Kong.

Heck, I'd be in heaven if we just had K. Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, even Dixie at this point would be awesome. DKC just needs it's newcomer badly,

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's like saying Zero Suit Samus didn't got in Brawl...

Honestly, they both need it. And, am not gonna say which series I personally think deserves it most :)

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
Who do you think is the most likely, and tell me why you think so. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for K.Rool, but who can be sure.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Not Funky.

But I honestly think it's Dixie. Three times a major protagonist that you spend the majority of the game staring at, one of Nintendo's best(and earliest alongside Samus) heroines and has very little reason NOT to be included at this point.

K. Rool will get in IF and only IF our requests actually do count as much as we hope they do. I'm convinced at this point Nintendo cares little for the crocodile king themselves, hence his long absence. An unpopular opinion here though, but whatever.

Overall I'd go
Dixie>K. Rool>>Cranky>>>>Funky. Funky only really has Mario Kart to elevate him above the others overall.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I only put in Cranky because of his sudden popularity and importance regarding Tropical Freeze. Nintendo made a pretty big deal out of his playable reveal. As for Funky.......I couldn't think of a good 4th candidate. I guess I didn't have to include 4, but whatever. Dixie has the most chance, and King K.Rool by far has the popular vote.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I only put in Cranky because of his sudden popularity and importance regarding Tropical Freeze. Nintendo made a pretty big deal out of his playable reveal. As for Funky.......I couldn't think of a good 4th candidate. I guess I didn't have to include 4, but whatever. Dixie has the most chance, and King K.Rool by far has the popular vote.
I definetly want Funky.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this thread is necessary, but you should make a poll.
I'm still figuring this place out....how does one make a poll?

I voted "yes" for Bandana Dee, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
You have to edit the first post of this thread and press the option "add a poll" or something like that XD
I clicked edit, and all it's letting me do is edit the text.......I am so lost.
How did I edit a quote? Bizarre.......I didn't mean to, honest. Just go from what I typed.............

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In a perfect world I could have my five DK reps, with the fifth being Funky.

Best case scenario we get K. Rool and Dixie. K. Rool is a must however. DK's villain is long overdo, and has had far more canon appearances than Dixie, and is therefore the absolute best choice, contrary to what some might think.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If one series could get two new characters it would be Donkey Kong.

Personally though I prefer Dixie to King K Rool.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Let's start the predictions for today! (tomorrow in Japan)
I vote for Diddy & Dixie tag team!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I vote Palutena just to be weird.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Don't know whether or not the mods are going to close this, but I like this idea. Gives a central place to discuss DKC content instead of the individual character threads. I'll start this off by saying I've been a huge DK fan since the SNES days, and I always thought its representation is a little lacking in Smash. Diddy being added to Brawl's roster was a good start, but I think that K. Rool and Dixie would definitely help. We definitely need more DK characters in this game.

D

Deleted member

Don't know whether or not the mods are going to close this, but I like this idea. Gives a central place to discuss DKC content instead of the individual character threads. I'll start this off by saying I've been a huge DK fan since the SNES days, and I always thought its representation is a little lacking in Smash. Diddy being added to Brawl's roster was a good start, but I think that K. Rool and Dixie would definitely help. We definitely need more DK characters in this game.
Considering that the Mario thread (which I also started) and the Zelda thread are still up and that I have found no general DK, this thread should be fine, unless I somehow missed one.

I loved DKC, DKC2 and DK64 growing up as a child and the former was one of my favorite SNES games. I wish they would all appear on the Virtual Console; I'd definitely rebuy them (should have done so when the DKC trilogy were on the Wii Virtual Console...) I also really like Diddy Kong Racing and it's currently one of the few N64 games I have for my N64 (my old one died and I had to get a new one).

I also agree that K. Rool and Dixie Kong should both show up. If any franchise gets two newcomers (not counting Pokemon since Mewtwo is a veteran), it'll likely be Donkey Kong. What I'm also curious about is what stages we may get for the franchise. I do know that a DK stage was teased, though.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Considering that the Mario thread (which I also started) and the Zelda thread are still up and that I have found no general DK, this thread should be fine, unless I somehow missed one...I do know that a DK stage was teased, though.
Ok, then. If you've started several before, than this one should be no problem. Anyway, a DK stage was teased? Other than the remake of Jungle Japes on the 3DS, I haven't seen any DK stages (I could be wrong, though). Were you talking about Jungle Japes?

EDIT: Never mind. I know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ok, then. If you've started several before, than this one should be no problem. Anyway, a DK stage was teased? Other than the remake of Jungle Japes on the 3DS, I haven't seen any DK stages (I could be wrong, though). Were you talking about Jungle Japes?
He may be talking about how we heard the Rocket Barrel theme.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
He may be talking about how we heard the Rocket Barrel theme.
Oh, wow. I totally did not notice that. It's during the items montage. For some reason, even though I beat Tropical Freeze, I thought it was music from 3D World. Never mind.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I support Stanley as an assist trophy. I would normally say Funky because he's my favorite but he looks too much like Donkey Kong.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here are the current top five most wanted DK newcomers. The current list is pretty nice, but I need to add Frederick and Tiny Kong

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So what are people's thoughts concerning Dixie vs. K. Rool? It appears that K. Rool is the slightly more popular pick for a new rep, but do all the supporters truly find him more likely, all things considered? Honestly going off my gut I would have thought Dixie more likely, but then again I don't follow the series all that closely so I really wouldn't know. On the other hand, do you all think that there is a chance both could get in? I don't think it is likely, but then it also doesn't seem unreasonable either. Especially with Nintendo really revisiting the franchise.

Here's hoping we get both!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So what are people's thoughts concerning Dixie vs. K. Rool? It appears that K. Rool is the slightly more popular pick for a new rep, but do all the supporters truly find him more likely, all things considered? Honestly going off my gut I would have thought Dixie more likely, but then again I don't follow the series all that closely so I really wouldn't know. On the other hand, do you all think that there is a chance both could get in? I don't think it is likely, but then it also doesn't seem unreasonable either. Especially with Nintendo really revisiting the franchise.

Personally, I try not to think of it as "Dixie vs. K. Rool", because it is a plausibility that we could get both in this game, and I think that the DK representation in Smash will not be complete without both of them on the roster. However, if I must pick, I will choose Dixie in a heartbeat. She is my favorite Nintendo character from way back, and I think she could have a very fun playstyle with hair attacks and aerial mobility. There's no denying that K. Rool is definitely the fan-favorite, but I give the nod to Dixie.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

My personal belief is that we currently know about 90% of the roster. The Sal Romano leaks, plus Rosalina makes twelve. So I feel as though we are coming down to the final 1 - 4 newcomers. I'm leaning towards the more realistic number of 1 or 2 newcomers we don't know about. This means that our slots are very numbered. I would be (pleasently) suprised if both Dixie and King K Rool were added really. It just seems like we're running out of room, and there's other characters in competition for the spot. (Mewtwo, Takamaru, Tingle, Ridley possibly)

With that said, I would say Dixie has more going for her at the moment and here's why:

+ Dixie Kong showed up in TF
+ She was planned for Brawl at one point
+ She's popular / prominent / general "good pick"
- We have no sign of Squirtle / Ivysaur and Sakurai may see her like them
- She could be "boring" to play as

K Rool on the other hand

+ General good choice
+ Saw a Kremling
+ Not seen as "boring" to play as
+ Last game he appeared in was developed by Namco
- Game is a spin off and a bit old

I think Dixie just stacks up better. Cranky stacks up pretty well too.

In conclusion, I don't think they will both be playable. I would bet on Dixie before K Rool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just hope K.Rool gets priority cause Dixie Kong can just be made a late semi-clone addition. I'd be so awesome if Diddy and Dixie would be like the Ness and Lucas of Smash Wii U / 3DS. However, they could be as unique in statistics as Fox and Falco even! Dixie should be more floaty, and juggle based. Diddy's game should be resolved around his cartwheel, and 'guerilla' tactics of hitting and running, creating oppertunities for himself.

D

Deleted member

The two threads discussing the DK series have been merged, but @Super Smash Bros. Fan has been made the OP, as the previous OP was a bit lacking in content.
Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to make more progress on the thread tonight. Too bad I can't change the title, though...

D

Deleted member

Like Shortie said, we're at twelve newcomers now; counting the confirmed and the ones leaked from Salromano. I say that we have two to five more characters left that haven't been confirmed/leaked yet; two of them being Mewtwo and a retro newcomer (Mach Rider or Takamaru seems most plausible). If we get more, I'd certainly say that a DK newcomer is among the most likely possibility. Most likely, we'll just get one, with it either being K. Rool or Dixie. Two is possible, but isn't very likely to occur.

As for K. Rool vs. Dixie, I'd say K. Rool is more likely, with him being the most wanted Nintendo newcomer, being highly important to his franchise and the Kremling Run showing that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about K. Rool and probably has at least been seriously considered. However, Dixie is certainly a contender, with her being planned for Brawl and Tropical Freeze restoring her importance. I like both though, and would be absolutely ecstatic to see both make it in, but we'll see.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I always had this idea that if Rare was never bought out and the DK64 cast stuck around that we could have gotten Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky Kong playable Pokemon Trainer style.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I always had this idea that if Rare was never bought out and the DK64 cast stuck around that we could have gotten Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky Kong playable Pokemon Trainer style.
Tiny's been in games since Donkey Kong 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom