• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Characters Ready for a Jungle Beatdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Has anybody noticed that Sakurai has not revealed any new DK stages? The only DK stage shown so far is Jungle Japes, and that's a returning stage on the 3ds. Maybe Sakurai is waiting to reveal a DK stage because he's waiting to reveal a DK newcomer...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see what E3 brings for the DK crew. I hope for Dixie personally but K. Rool is cool too.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

This has been such a confusing topic for me, considering that both are almost equally asked for.
There has always been a really good chance for both of them being in the game, why don't some of you
help me figure out some pros and cons for these lovable characters to see which one truly deserves to be included in the 4th edition of this game !
__________________________________________________________________________________
Dixie Kong
Pros:​
  • FEMALE REPRESENTATION!​
  • Was intended to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but was cut due to time restraints.
  • Could have a very unique fighting style with her ponytail.
  • Donkey Kong needs more reps !!
  • Relevance is still there, Tropical Freeze (Wii U), DK Country Returns (3DS)
Cons:​
  • Another monkey.
  • Has similar physical stature / motions as Diddy Kong.
__________________________________________________________________________________
King K. Rool
Pros:​
  • Classic Donkey Kong character.
  • A BAD GUY
  • One of the most highly requested characters.
  • Animal other than a monkey.
  • Donkey Kong needs more reps !!
  • Could have a really unique fighting style
  • Lots of personality and emotion (which sakurai has mentioned is very important in this installment of the game)
  • Kritters have appeared in smash run
Cons:​
  • Probably another big, heavy, slow character
  • Irrelevant compared to Dixie Kong
Die-Hard Donkey Kong fans, help me add more to the pros and cons list !

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Add a Both and a none chooise upp there. You forgot, Donkey kong really deserves another rep as a Pro for both of them.

I would be happy with both of them in the game and sad there where none.
Maby king K would be more uniqe but i havn't played many DK games and dixe might be more relevant.

=D

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Today just proved that getting 2 rep isn't impossible in SSB4, so why not both ?
i'd really like both, but considering the fact that we know that the roster isn't getting much bigger,
i doubt they would waste two spots on it for donkey kong reps when they could do something else.
that's why i made this thread to see who you guys thought should get the spot … do you have any pro/con points that i can't think of ?
Add a Both and a none chooise upp there. You forgot, Donkey kong really deserves another rep as a Pro for both of them.

I would be happy with both of them in the game and sad there where none.
Maby king K would be more uniqe but i havn't played many DK games and dixe might be more relevant.

=D
I'll definitely add this !

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Donkey Kong deserves 4 reps!
i'll just copy and paste what i said before.
"i'd really like both, but considering the fact that we know that the roster isn't getting much bigger,
i doubt they would waste two spots on it for donkey kong reps when they could do something else.
that's why i made this thread to see who you guys thought should get the spot … do you have any pro/con points that i can't think of ?"

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
K. Rool and Dixie are NOT equally asked for. K. Rool probably has twice as much popularity as Dixie does
where are your sources
and even if you do have sources,
that does NOT necessarily mean that everyone who plays smash was a part of that poll/voting system

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
where are your sources
and even if you do have sources,
that does NOT necessarily mean that everyone who plays smash was a part of that poll/voting system
Here's a source. This entire website. King K. Rool is the most requested character here, and dwarfs pretty much everyone other than Ridley and Mewtwo. Dixie Kong may be more likely (due to relevance) but she doesn't hold a candle to K. Rool's popularity

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"i'd really like both, but considering the fact that we know that the roster isn't getting much bigger,
that's why i made this thread to see who you guys thought should get the spot … do you have any pro/con points that i can't think of ?"
Have you seen how many games are in the DK franchise, how much copies the series has sold, how huge of an impact the DKC revival had in comparison to Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Its not a WASTE at all to get two DK reps. In fact, it'd be a complete and total shame to get four FE reps and not four DK reps. K. Rool and Dixie Kong equally deserve representation, K. Rool first but Dixie following immediately after.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I would probably prefer Dixie Kong, but it'd be great if we can get both. They could have their trailer together like Robin and Lucina.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
k rool has absolutely no reason to be in this new game. He hasn't been promoted at all by Nintendo in a long time.

He has popularity but even that isn't enough.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Does :jigglypuff: have to be dragged into everything?
Have you seen how many games are in the DK franchise, how much copies the series has sold, how huge of an impact the DKC revival had in comparison to Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Its not a WASTE at all to get two DK reps. In fact, it'd be a complete and total shame to get four FE reps and not four DK reps. K. Rool and Dixie Kong equally deserve representation, K. Rool first but Dixie following immediately after.
yes of course i understand how huge the donkey kong franchise is, and i know that tropical freeze basically saved the wii u kind of
before mario kart 8 came out and stuff, i don't know why everyone gets so offended on here whenever i say anything
maybe it's the way i word things, but i didn't mean to belittle the donkey kong universe, I'm simply saying that there are A LOT
of different franchises that need to be represented, and with very limited space, donkey kong might not get the 4 spots that all of you want
Here's a source. This entire website. King K. Rool is the most requested character here, and dwarfs pretty much everyone other than Ridley and Mewtwo. Dixie Kong may be more likely (due to relevance) but she doesn't hold a candle to K. Rool's popularity

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I would probably prefer Dixie Kong, but it'd be great if we can get both. They could have their trailer together like Robin and Lucina.
that would be so great !! but see above, because there are a little bit of complications to adding both
dixie kong would be adorable though i agree !

k rool has absolutely no reason to be in this new game. He hasn't been promoted at all by Nintendo in a long time.

that's what i've been saying, but beware because people get really offended and rude ...

>OP uses the word "relevant" in regards to outside of smash.
>>Says being a heavyweight is a negative...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
King K. Rool. I would rather have a character that adds a different playstyle to his series. Not mention that I love playing as villains.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
King K. Rool. I would rather have a character that adds a different playstyle to his series. Not mention that I love playing as villains.
that's really true ! i'll try to incorporate that in the list
and yeah i do too for some reason, when i get bored of my mains i always go to ganondorf!

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I would be ok if we got a similar situation as Robin and Lucina, where we get King K. Rool and semi-clone Dixie (though I would obviously desire 2 unique characters).

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I would be ok if we got a similar situation as Robin and Lucina, where we get King K. Rool and semi-clone Dixie (though I would obviously desire 2 unique characters).
i think if dixie was like an alternate costume for diddy, and king k rool took the roster spot, it'll be fine
also your signature is adorable lmao

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
And yet we got Melee clone tier Lucina, aka Smash 4's Roy.

As far as DK reps I personally would choose both but I think Dixie has more priority because she almost made it in Brawl and was a playable character in Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I see Dixie taking the spot though I'd love to see K Rool.

The reality is that there is a lot against K Rool, him being left out of the reboots is a huge factor. I've discussed this before so i won't go into detail.

I'm fine with Dixie too though, she's better than no one and she does deserve the role regardless of K Rool

Welshy91

Smash Ace
This thread is a bad idea. It's just begging for trouble. Do you know why? Because K. Rool is infinitely superior to Dixie and those who believe otherwise obviously suffers from a mental disability.

See what I did there? These threads attract fanboys, and fanboys are viciously dedicated and biased. If you support K. Rool, go to his support thread (seriously, it's one of the best threads on this board) and if you support Dixie then go get help for your mental illnesses (just kidding.... maybe).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I do find what's come out of this thread interesting. The past thread's haven't caused as much controversy. But this one does. It rally surprises me how offended the K Rool fanbase can get over the though of him not getting in or Dixie taking the spot.

That being said, I want him as well, just this is kind of humorous

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
And yet we got Melee clone tier Lucina, aka Smash 4's Roy.

As far as DK reps I personally would choose both but I think Dixie has more priority because she almost made it in Brawl and was a playable character in Tropical Freeze.
exactly ! i completely agree with what you said, i want both, but the facts that you listed make dixie the obvious choice.
This thread is a bad idea. It's just begging for trouble. Do you know why? Because K. Rool is infinitely superior to Dixie and those who believe otherwise obviously suffers from a mental disability.

See what I did there? These threads attract fanboys, and fanboys are viciously dedicated and biased. If you support K. Rool, go to his support thread (seriously, it's one of the best threads on this board) and if you support Dixie then go get help for your mental illnesses (just kidding.... maybe).
i didn't want to argue with people, i asked for pros and cons to see which one had more etc.
you have k. rool as your signature, godzilla as an icon, and 2 baddies as your mains in past games
of course you're going to be on that side, so yes i see what you did and i guess i didn't think how …
"viciously dedicated & biased" people are on here, as a peach main i just wanted to see where people stood
on this subject, i would like both in . don't tear my throat out

I see Dixie taking the spot though I'd love to see K Rool.

The reality is that there is a lot against K Rool, him being left out of the reboots is a huge factor. I've discussed this before so i won't go into detail.

I'm fine with Dixie too though, she's better than no one and she does deserve the role regardless of K Rool
I could see dixie taking it too ! although she would just be another monkey character.. that's why I'm asking for pros and cons.

OMFG LMAO NOOO
I do find what's come out of this thread interesting. The past thread's haven't caused as much controversy. But this one does. It rally surprises me how offended the K Rool fanbase can get over the though of him not getting in or Dixie taking the spot.

That being said, I want him as well, just this is kind of humorous
thank you for saying this, i thought i was the only one, I'm just an innocent peach main wondering what people thought
but people are literally tearing me apart because i mentioned k rool lmao, not even in a negative way..

Last edited by a moderator:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman

Mr.game and watch wasn't very promotet pre brawl, neither was Pit.
Sakurai like to try new things and please the fans sometimes.
You never know.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't know, I feel like if FE can get 4 reps so can DK. I see both of them as pretty likely.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ im just peachy im just peachy
I merged your thread into the existing thread for DKC franchise discussion. Thanks. :)
I was wondering why this third page read so differently. Now I know why it goes from Spartacus uniting all on pages one and two, to .... gamefaqs here.

Anyway, Donkey Kong representation, just to get back to those original two pages of fandom and support for the series as a whole, really is incomplete.
I will state my love of the animal crate idea and the necessity for the clear Dixie and K.Rool characters later (and that an introduction video would be unlikely given that they, case and point, need no introduction).

For now I will bring up something I mentioned in the K Rool thread.

During the Demo, I had the luxury of befriending a staff member at Best Buy, who gave me free reign of the 3DS during his break. This was only about twenty-thirty minutes, but in this time I did manage to play as three different characters through smash run, dying usually once or twice with each and starting over.

A major point I noticed here is that there are themes to the runs, or at least to sections of the run, wherein you are inundated with characters and references to specific franchises. This happened to me on a couple occasions, and one area I was over run with Kremlings of blue and green variety, a Cranky Trophy, and likely more, though I was smashed off the screen before I could account for much.

I know the series needs more attention this game, but after playing that run through, and I wish I had been patient enough to go back to where those enemies were to see if there was more content, it became clear to me that DK is in fact getting a healthy boost, or at least that Sakurai is quite aware of the fans love of the series.

That said- I still believe I saw Krusha, but I will not put my word that it was him, as his tiny overalls were not something I would have noticed in the chaos (because, sincerely, there were more than seven Kremlings on me). No I did not see a Chunky Assist Trophy, or any assist trophy for that matter. And the only footage I could finally get was during the last 30 seconds or so when I was playing Villager, when the friend I made came back from break, as I could not record at the same time I played.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
It's really Dixie vs K. Rool now?
Oh man I love Dixie so much... but I also want K. Rool... actually I want BOTH. I want to believe, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom