• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care -- FINALE -- Free Pizza!! -- Free Drinks! - *MK Banned*

Scythe

Smash Master
but you won't be feeding the IL brawl/melee communities anymore lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
Eh I'll cancel if you take me with you.
I can't say for certain if I am going to go. It's if I have the time to lose on (potentially) Friday night and Sunday morning. Wouldn't really want you to cancel a tournament if I bail.

Also the 5 hours for a great tournament vs the 20 minutes for a decent one.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I can't say for certain if I am going to go. It's if I have the time to lose on (potentially) Friday night and Sunday morning. Wouldn't really want you to cancel a tournament if I bail.

Also the 5 hours for a great tournament vs the 20 minutes for a decent one.
I would SOOOOOo much rather go to Illinois and enter a larger tournament with some of my favorite people with real competition, than host a 15-20 man local and beat up on the same low-mid level players/lose to the same 2 or 3 PRed people and pretend to be geeked I got 5th when it doesnt matter. Just sayin'. I need more competition.....come on...you know youu want to. ;)

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

I MAY cancel mine regardless of whether I will be attending this or not. I was kinda reluctant to begin with. I want to find a venue closer to my area because we get more new people compared to A2. I'll decide very soon though.

If WTP says yes to going though my decision is pretty much made.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If you bring Lain I am assigning someone to literally stay on his *** all day. Strict Lain rules apply here.
and he still owes me 20$

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
A grimace boner sounds like the type of boner you get if you're wearing really tight pants, and you grimace because it hurts so bad

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
A grimace boner sounds like the type of boner you get if you're wearing really tight pants, and you grimace because it hurts so bad
A grimace boner, is a boner by me. I pop a 4X4 grid of em, it's pretty impressive.

Arty

Smash Lord
No, I'll still be going to tourneys, probably less though. I just don't like TOing at all lol. It's really frustrating and tiring, and feels like a job.

I started this series, to pump some life into the IL scene, since both Chompy and Webster stopped hosting. I also wanted to make these tournies really fun and cheap so smashers won't have to spend too much money to have a good time.

But don't worry guys, these tournies will definitely keep happening though!

Edit: @daniel - Maybe...

Kirk

Smash Champion
TOing is tough, but I think its a fulfilling experience. I only stopped hosting the don't blink series cause the venue was being a **** and stuff. Can't wait to keep these tournies goin after you're done arty, don't blink shall live on!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
speaking of Play 'n' Trade, there's another one about 15 mins from where I live, but the problem is that it's not really too close to Chicago.

I've considered asking my bosses if I could host a smash tourney at the restaurant I work at for a long time, but the biggest problem is that they would lose some business if I were to take up part of the restaurant on a Saturday. It's almost always packed on Saturdays. I didn't want to ask for that reason and the reason that it'd be a bit weird... I have friends that work there and they'd be like "Kevin's even more of a nerd than I originally thought", because I already do chess. AND NOW I HAVE GLASSES!!!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
why, oro?

Yeah, We need more legit IL tourneys. Part of the reason why I couldn't make it out to anything in the school year was because everything was either in WI or somewhere else too far away for me to drive to.

I won't be able to attend anything until the winter though, so you guys enjoy yourselves. xP

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Because the owners force you to use their laggy tvs, they aren't very leniant with waiving setups, they overcharge for venue fee (the pnt norm tried to host at norm apparently made a deal for 5$ venue and free for waived setups, but the day of the tourney the owner was trying to get 10$ venue and 5$ waived. Like half the intention of the store existing is tournaments, and they can't even do that right. They just sit there and norm did all the work and they expect to make that much money?) I could understand charging 5$ or more for venue when we get more room than what they offer (hardly any), don't force unplayable setups on the tourney goers, and possibly has some other incentives.

Despite Nickel City being *******s, they were still 100x better than any play n trade that will ever exist and I would gladly rather try to work with them again before hosting or probably even attending a pnt.

Like I was always fine with the Cafe at MAS with the 7$ venue because of the amount of space offered, the entirety could get waived for ANY type of setup, the building was properly air conditioned/heated so it didnt smell like *** the whole time (every pnt smells like b.o. because of terrible conditions we are given.), and the extra incentives of it BEING IN A FREAKING CAFE. We got cheap, good food right next to the tournament. Full pizza for 5$? Yes please.

Kirk

Smash Champion
The venue we have is pretty **** nice right now. Just gotta keep it alive, which shouldn't be too difficult methinks. But yea, **** pnt and **** nickel city lol

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
Because the owners force you to use their laggy tvs, they aren't very leniant with waiving setups, they overcharge for venue fee (the pnt norm tried to host at norm apparently made a deal for 5$ venue and free for waived setups, but the day of the tourney the owner was trying to get 10$ venue and 5$ waived. Like half the intention of the store existing is tournaments, and they can't even do that right. They just sit there and norm did all the work and they expect to make that much money?) I could understand charging 5$ or more for venue when we get more room than what they offer (hardly any), don't force unplayable setups on the tourney goers, and possibly has some other incentives.

Despite Nickel City being *******s, they were still 100x better than any play n trade that will ever exist and I would gladly rather try to work with them again before hosting or probably even attending a pnt.

Like I was always fine with the Cafe at MAS with the 7$ venue because of the amount of space offered, the entirety could get waived for ANY type of setup, the building was properly air conditioned/heated so it didnt smell like *** the whole time (every pnt smells like b.o. because of terrible conditions we are given.), and the extra incentives of it BEING IN A FREAKING CAFE. We got cheap, good food right next to the tournament. Full pizza for 5$? Yes please.
The last PnT tournament didn't have a venue fee and the TV was lagless once we put it in game mode( but one set wasn't in game mod and had lag) Maybe the one you went to sucked.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
The tvs sucked at the play n trade I went to in Collinsville or somewhere. I don't remember a venue fee. I think winner was offered full store credit of all the entries or a percentage cut like 10-20% or something if he wanted cash

ook

Smash Lord
I miss those paninis man

ZTD | TECHnology

So what happened with Nickel City..? I liked that venue. I never got the details about why you guys couldnt hostt there anymore.

Top Bottom