• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Chis' 'Beat other characters pesky techniques'! Super effective! 13/1/09

SonicX580

Smash Lord
@SonicX/CITH:
lol, I was gonna find him an actual thread and found this one:
(it's a play n trade, so I'm sure they'll host more tourneys in the future)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198450

then I clicked the Atlantic South boards and found this as the first link on the page:
UCF Brawl in Orlando

:093:
first of all, grammatically, it's supposed to be "are" instead of "is"

Now let's take this step by step.

1) http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

2) http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

3) ???

4) profit.

for me, like 50%of the time, cuz I constantly get buzzed like every year, due to bets and **** like that.

one word. boxobair. lol

Thank for the link guys I try and represent Sonic proud also sorry for typo CiTH.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You've all seen me, lol. I link my myspace everywhere.

www.myspace.com/boxob

everywhere

EVERYWHERE

you dont have the game for a girl that cute.

loljk..

shes pretty ugly
just kidding, shes mad cute
My Facebook is in my SWF profile. IDK how many of you have bothered to actually look at it/ friend me.

no one cares....
:p
I do even crazier ****. Like I said. My super sonic hair > your regular sonic hair. ;-P

I'm almost done growing out my hair. Soon, I'll dye my hair red. Then I'll look like Shadow.

i was really hoping the last word of thispost was going to be knuckles.
no **** that.

Yugi vs. Goku.

yugi's hair was sick rediculous
Hay, hair is a hobby of mine, and while food (steak) is more often mentioned, hair is right after it, ****'s an obsession. CiTH already lost the hair battle cause he failed to pic.

This thread is kinda dumb.

no u

its actually a good thread
Stop spamming this thread.

Also,
'So I just figured out Sonic can craq walk. Further then Link's I think.
Is this common knowledge?'
remind me what that is.

p.s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtG62BEiR4
for the lulz

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Knuckles? Depends on how I dye it. IDK, Black and Red looks pretty sick as opposed to complete Red.

That vid, I came.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Stop spamming this thread.

Also,
'So I just figured out Sonic can craq walk. Further then Link's I think.
Is this common knowledge?'
Lol, I remember when Craq first gave "Craq walking" it's name everyone dissed him for it, but it's being used anyway.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Luna Light!

Thread revived.

Wait. What's this? I FINALLY updated something? :dizzy:

So Marth's Fair, he can weave in and out and Dtilt you if you shielded. Tips?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Nice Arcadia revive.

Lesse, what would I try...
If he's Fairing right over the ground then he's got a nasty wall up for you. I think you might be able to literaly run right past him if you stay right outside his range and time it right though. This could follow up to the Bair, or something more sneaky like SideB to HA. I don't see this being practical, but it's worth the thought.
Other ideas, jump over the ***** and drop a spring on him, if you can pull that off without getting punished, keep doing it till the Marth gets annoyed and tries something else. Other idea would be to SCJ over him and follow that up with a HA, or wait to see if he tries to get you and move around him.
My only other idea would be to just ledge camp more often, making him use that technique less often. Most Marths like to push you back to the edge, but Sonic has a lot more edge tactics that most other characters, see if you can mess with him there. A stage like Halberd is a good counterpick to try because you can do a lot of planking.
Final thoughts...
If he is trying to push you back, chances are he'll dash at you from a distance to get within decent Fair range. Take this chance to "ur 2 slowe" him by rushing back, you'll have to be good to get a wily Marth with this though. Another thing maybe worth looking into is setting a spring down in his way, maybe trick him into bouncing himself? Attacking Marth from above or belove him is usually a better idea, he has a much greater chance to be life open an whiff.

Marth can be so lame to fight, btw.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Nice Arcadia revive.

Lesse, what would I try...
If he's Fairing right over the ground then he's got a nasty wall up for you. I think you might be able to literaly run right past him if you stay right outside his range and time it right though. This could follow up to the Bair, or something more sneaky like SideB to HA. I don't see this being practical, but it's worth the thought.
Other ideas, jump over the ***** and drop a spring on him, if you can pull that off without getting punished, keep doing it till the Marth gets annoyed and tries something else. Other idea would be to SCJ over him and follow that up with a HA, or wait to see if he tries to get you and move around him.
My only other idea would be to just ledge camp more often, making him use that technique less often. Most Marths like to push you back to the edge, but Sonic has a lot more edge tactics that most other characters, see if you can mess with him there. A stage like Halberd is a good counterpick to try because you can do a lot of planking.
Final thoughts...
If he is trying to push you back, chances are he'll dash at you from a distance to get within decent Fair range. Take this chance to "ur 2 slowe" him by rushing back, you'll have to be good to get a wily Marth with this though. Another thing maybe worth looking into is setting a spring down in his way, maybe trick him into bouncing himself? Attacking Marth from above or belove him is usually a better idea, he has a much greater chance to be life open an whiff.

Marth can be so lame to fight, btw.
what is a belove.

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW OUR SECRETS DK USER??

nice strats tho, thanks.

EDIT: ZOMG, I JUST SAW YOUR SIG. DID I KILL THE THREAD.....???

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't compliment Kalm. >.>

Anyway Chis I'm sorry I didn't help you, but I didn't know jack about it, so it would've been better if I stayed silent instead of giving you advice that wouldn't work.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
omg it may already be too late...

And yeah I posted that at friggin 3 am in the morning, I'm surprised it had only a few errors, but belove is most certainly a combination of above and below that I made up in my deranged mind.

All those ideas were struggles to come up with, I hope they can be worth some kind of crap somewhere lol.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I know this thread is old as hell, but uhhh

DK's Cargo Spike doesn't actually work. Ever.

Just hold up, and you'll never get slammed into the stage.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, that's a bit easier lol

I just tech it every time xD

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Hey Chis, good thread!

Could someone post info on Zelda's upsmash? I can't, for the life of me, DI out of it, and it gets me everytime. I know the matchup is supposed to be heavily in favor of sonic, but it's always really really close for me, mostly due to the upsmashes my friend uses. I get killed by them more than anything else she's got, so it'd really help me out.

sorry if this question sucks, it seems like someone should have found a solution to this a loooong time ago and i must've just missed it. Thanks!

Tenki

Smash Hero
AFAIK, Zelda's Usmash has multiple hits whose single-damage is actually too small for SDI to work. DA sometimes hits under it, and I know D-tilt definitely does (as choices for when you want to attack during the U-smash - punishment includes more moves.)

Also, Zelda is in Sonic's favor? If anything, I can see the "all you have to do is always move second" thing, but I don't see that making it heavily in his favor.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Tenki, as always man, thank you!

And it's not in Zelda's favor?! Man, I thought everyone here said the matchup was like 70:30 sonic, I was really worried that I was playing so badly against her. I must've read something incorrectly a while ago about it, because zelda is definitely not easy for sonic.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
It's possible to SDI out of Zelda's U-smash. It's actually really easy to do with some characters, like Marth. Zelda is awful.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow people, learn your characters.

zeldas upsmash can be DI'ed BUT if its been used more than twice, its staled to the point where you cant Di out of it, but even for the first two, its really hard to get out.

zelda vs sonic is heavily in sonics favor. she cant hit him.
din fire is terrible you can nair or fair to beat it, and all you have to do is hit her once and run away, because she has some of the worst approaching in the game. shes only good when shes played defensively, and if you dont approach and hit her shield she cant do anything to you.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, I was only referring to when it's fresh, sorry. Also, screw aerials to beat out Din's fire. Just down b at the dumb *****, and get in free hits while she's in the ending lag.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
KID is right, i should just stop approaching her and wait for her to come to me. Every time i do approach she owns me either with B, usmash, dtilt, or even just jab. Her jab stops most spin dashes in their tracks.

Top Bottom