• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

Legretta the Quick

Smash Cadet
I almost finished mine...took me the entire schoolday xD;
Sadly, didnt have the color of marker i needed >__<
So it'll be submitted tomorrow or thursday

EDIT:
I created an art gallery thing...DWYP is my first link posted in my "links" section <3

Zylar

Smash Ace
FINALLY!!! I have turned my entry early, guys! :D For once... (._.' )

Oh and some people got confused so I'll just say it. The tree is part of ivysaur, not in the background. I allways thought that that the plant ought to actually grow outside of evolving. And I thought it'd be awesome if he had a palm tree, which he does!!! (^^)'

Over the course of three days, I labored for this. I'm happy with it other than the background water. (^-^)

Oh, and it's digial, :3.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
the idea's so silly/cute :3
kinda like something I might have done had I thought of it XD

it's nice and well done :3

though, I feel that there's too much empty space?
like, I feel that you could cut the picture in half and have an equal or better effect :O
I think that's my only 'beef' with the piece :O
like, what is the point of all that empty space in the sand?
there's little movement in the pictures so it seems a bit boring

though, if this were a background [for a computer, etc], a little fixing up [agreed on working with water :O] and it'd be a great background :3

overall well done, nice piece, idea makes me giggle :3

Ange

Smash Lord
I kinda like the fact that there is alot of empty space, cause that makes the main focus of the picture not in the common middle. However, I think there could have been a shadow under Ivysaur, and some shadowing on the sand aswell to give it more life, for a little tip. :D

But I like the whole Ivysaur-tree idea. Very well done.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Still working on my second pic >_>

Does anybody know what today is?
OMGSH!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

For that you get dancing Kirbies!!!

(>^^)> <(^^<) <(_ _)> `(^-~)' v(^-^)v ~(n_n)~

@BitRom : Thnx. I first planned on putting other things in there, but this took so long I got tired. -.-'
@Ange : D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: I can't believe I forgot about ivysaur's shadow!!! ;-; ;_;

oh SNAP! I'll be back gotta go take my exam.

Ange

Smash Lord

O_O

REALLY?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D!

Lets all post in massive font sizes to celebrate!

Zylar

Smash Ace
I used it as a reference, I look at the pic trying to recreate it for the most part. I also try to get the color as close as I can to what it looks like. But yeah, I did do all the line art and coloring by myself. So there is no photoshoping involved other than me actually using photoshop to draw him with brush and everything.

I am aware of the rule. If redrawing an existing piece isn't allowed then disqualify this. But, I think that redrawing it and photoshoping it are different. :/

Edit : @ IC3R : You're profile :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Haapy B-day man.

Looks like we got alot of Digital. Looks like theres gona be tough decision making on that category. So far dont we already have 2 hand drawn? either way, I'm loving all the entries. they make me lol.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ah, happy birthday IC3R.

If we're short of hand-drawn, I may just have to make something... I planned on doing it but now I know I have to. The one I made didn't even take 10 minutes...I have to work harder then that. Oh well.

Oh, and I'm going to check that gallery you organized Legretta.

Legretta the Quick

Smash Cadet
Happy B-day IC3R!!
Hope its a good day!!

...I still cant find a good colored marker >__< GAH!!
But meh dad said we should be getting a new scanner soon, so i dont need to spend ten minutes trying to scan the pictures! ♫

@ NAKEDeDeDe: Ooo! Thanks ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I think tommorow I'm gona post my free hand drawing/ toony Ivy that I do occasionally. It wont be official but I just want to share it with oyu guys since we are spamming dino-plants on this thread lol.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Naked : You stole ma thoughts. D: That's exactly what I was thinking, like the entire post... 0-o

Quick : Don't worry, you still have tomorrow and Friday. :D

Bomber : Cool, you never know if it'll win (Or at least get close :0 )

HSP : That's awesome! XD *sigh, misses good-ol pokemon days.*

IC3R : Exams, quizzes, post election campaigning, etc... -.- Oh yeah, I'm SO there.

:034:

Smash Hero
Happy belated birthday IC3R :D

Ah, wait, now there's nothing useful in this post... Uhm... ****.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Hi folks, just a heads up, in order to get you people using the Artwork Emporium, and just plain because it belongs there, this thread will probably be moved to the AE shortly. When I get around to it. A redirect will remain here, to help people to find it again. If you have any violent opposition to this, now's the time to let me know.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Well, it won't be as broadcasted/advertised. I didn't know that there was an art emporium until I saw a post in this thread talking about it.

I think Zook did make a thread there, but nothing ever happened...
Besides, just moving the thread to the emporium won't make me use it other than for this thread. That's how I fell. (lol fell, I meant feel)

Besides, we recently got moved into the smash workshop.
If there are only going to be Brawl+ stuff in there, just go ahead and call it so.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hi folks, just a heads up, in order to get you people using the Artwork Emporium, and just plain because it belongs there, this thread will probably be moved to the AE shortly. When I get around to it. A redirect will remain here, to help people to find it again. If you have any violent opposition to this, now's the time to let me know.
I fear that if we move to the AE, we'll die out. I've tried making a thread there before (at the same time I started this contest, actually), but it died quickly. I tried to revive it, but to no sucess.

Smash Hero
I fear that if we move to the AE, we'll die out. I've tried making a thread there before (at the same time I started this contest, actually), but it died quickly. I tried to revive it, but to no sucess.
Exactly that!

Like this, random people can still just walk in and say "Hey this is pretty interesting". Moving us to the Artwork section will just slowly make us wither away with nothing left to show anyone.

Ange

Smash Lord
I agree with Zook and F.D.

The Smash Workshop is highly active, and alot of people come in here for interest.

Moving this to the AE will just kill the activiness of DWYP, and lesser people will visit/join in.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
*Holds up pitch fork*

We don't take kindly to yer thread moving abilities.

Now skedaddle you Super Moderator >=[

Smash Hero
Also! There are other threads in here that could potentially be else where. For instance, MYM4 is working with fiction and could therefore be put into Creative Minds. Granted, we aren't as active as MYM4 but... It's the same story.

Also, the Official SSB4 Discussion isn't a project at all, yet it was moved here anyway. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
im drawing my toony- Ivy right now. Trust me it aint the best but It's simple for me to draw and... most people find my drawings "cute" or at least thats the most common word used to describe it lol. Also like 10 years from now if my toons become somewhat of a hit and famous, just know who did them and feel special cuz you know a well payed cartoonist lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
LOL bomber.

How cute...

:094:
but you havent seen my cartoons yet. I'm scanning my finished Ivysaur now. I'll have it up in a few so yall can see and if yall want I'll draw any character in brawl at your request.

it's a childish form I know. It's the best I can do. See why people like to call it cute?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
send it to me bomber, ill shrink it.

@ ic3r i think your second pic should go in the tablet catergory..........

Ange

Smash Lord
Tablet category = Digital category. ;)

I'll see if I can draw a quickie tomorrow Friday after school, cause I do have some ideas.

**** school tests.

Top Bottom