• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Beat

Smash Ace
He's not as good of a person as he could be.
Well isn't that just the pot calling the kettle an a$$hole?

AND NAO FOR BEAT SHOUT OWTS. EVERYONE LISTEN AND READ MY **** AND LOVE ME FOREVER.

Pierce7d - In regards to what you said before, nah, trick. You didn't play me. I was the beardyguy who didn't shut up. Still, my teams partner mains Marth and I was glad to finally have some proof that he can **** the balls off people. Congrats on the big win!

RyokoYaksa - Good to see you again! It's been way too long. Play me on wifi.

Velocity - I missed you, haha. Thanks for being part of my cheering section. I think that's the first time you actually watched one of my sets... Wait, you did at Rage. Anyhow, play more and see me. It's good to have another a$$hole around.

UltimoDragon - I wanted to play you in the brackets, too. I actually expected it. My Snake's still strugglin'. I put too much time into Ike and Bowser, and not enough into Snake and Falco. Oh well, lesson learned.

Andy - I think you were that yellow shirt guy. If you were, you're mad cool. Fun friendlies, GAY OLIMAR. Oh well. Next time, gadget!

Boxman - Guess you finally beat that Falco, hahaha! Congrats man!

Xzax - I'm sorry daddy Velocity hurt you. It's okay. Mommy will make it all better. Kidding. Good to see you again.

Rogue Pit - Fawk your arrows, son. My set with you was BY FAR the most fun I had out of any set/friendly the entire tournament.

ChiboSempai - Thanks for the venue, man. Had a blast. Congrats on the teams win.

Beat - I wanna put it in you. ****, you so fine, baby. Work that Snake...

Vex Kasrani - Bowser's huge. Good luck with that. Fun seein' ya again.

Wind Owl - Good set. Way to ftilt.

Cylf - If you ever pick RAINBOW CRUISE on me again I'll make you eat your own ****.

Genesis - Congrats on the team win. After we lost to Ak and Box we pretty much lost it. Oh well. Falco ditto me, lol.

.com - I'ma wreck yo ****.

Cless - Chin up. We got this ****. Play more Marth, less Falcon. Work on speed and we'll **** the balls off all these scrubs. We're unBEATable.

Grape **** - Good to meet you in person, man. Fun DK.

Bnzaaa - Who the **** are you?

Sideshouts:
Yayo - Hope you had fun. Play more? Maybe? Please?
Mow - I like your Ike.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I may go to this if I can but I have some comments about the Brawl+ tourney. Obviously its kinda a fun serious/nonserious thing but I have been playing around with the hacks and I found that only "no tripping" and "L canceling" (Not S canceling) is really good.

S canceling (too broken IMO) changes the game too much and is too easy to do (just hold shield and go crazy with short hop aerial. fits chars like MK and esp Ganon really well). S canceling doesnt add more tech skill since you have chance to miss the cancel and essentially makes all characters have autocanceled aerials.

The only tech is switching off the shield and waiting for the shield to go away to pursue with ground moves. L canceling makes things more technical and rewards the tech player more by learning the slightly different l cancel timing.

As much as I loved wavesdashing in melee, this air dodge system doesnt seem to fit brawls style and wavedashing seems more superficial in brawl compared to melee

Those are my thoughts I felt like sharing. The Brawl+ rules dont sway my decision btw.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
$10 was ten DOUBLE cheeseburgers at Mcdonalds once upon a time. DOUBLE.

Edit: Yeah the wavedashing hack looks kinda shoddy tbh. No tripping + L-cancelling does look pretty alright, although I like tripping turned on against chaingrabbers. I tripped into a Falcon Punch and Ike Fsmash this week.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
^hahahaha

As for the Brawl+: I definitely want to use the wavedashing. I've been messing around with it and I think it's good to be in. As for S and L canceling, I haven't tried either yet (i will be tonight when I get back to college), and I will make my decision then which one will be used.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol, leave Velocity alone.

He can be the coolest person on earth 95% of the time but piss ya the **** off that 5% which only happens once or twice.

Deal with it.

Velocity

Smash Lord
You can do a lot with $10
it wasn't about the money it was about inui offering to help run a tourney and then changing the winnings so he would get money when they got 3rd but the tourney thread and website all said 1st 66% 2nd 33% no 60/30/10 on top of that he did it without discussing it with anyone. so when the people who worked there / was helping with the tourney they hated him for it just like scranton hate him along with alot of venues.

I'm a good person to people I think deserve it.

Velocity

Smash Lord

3: Velocity (Game and Watch) - Not to be a *******, but your overrated and extremely arrogant. I'm surprised I even took a match from you. I thought you would be a better ambassador in the smash community.
I mean I'm actually not but I find it hilarious to piss people off that don't know me and since there was an overwhelming amount of people I didn't know, thats what I did. Overrated? last tourney I went to for brawl was aug23 then there was one b4 that and b4 that one it was 5 weeks and I've literally have only played melee and other games in between all of those not making johns I'm letting you know you all suck for not beating me, you beat me game one and then I adapted to you and owned you, props to pierce I like the guy and all I did was talk **** on him all day lol needless to say I didn't adapt to him. I only went to encourage PA smash even if brawl sucks, I still like PA players even if I didn't know who most of them were this past Bi-weekly.

Beat

Smash Ace
I hate new smashers. Brawl newbies are all ****tards. I wish more melee veterans could get into this game.

...Okay, some of you don't suck, but I hate a lot of the brawl community.

Sorry, but people hating on Velocity made me realize that some brawlers are whiny *****es. Vel's funny as ****.

And so am I. I'll **** the balls off anyone.

D

Deleted member

lol @ inui, you have no idea what you're talking about.

lol @ velocity being arrogant and overrated. I played him by myself and he clearly did not give any kind of **** about the bracket at all. if anything he was being modest by letting people win, easily the hardest best person I played.

this topic needs less *****ing and more ****

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/Russ_Diesel/big-****-car-washing.jpg

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1: Pierce7d (Marth) - You never played me, I'm the Ike >_>

4: UltimoDragon (DK) - >_> I want some more matches, I need to learn how to brawl a DK properly.
5: Andy (Olimar) - So much for letting me borrow a controller lol.. oh well. Fun friendlies even though I got throughtly owned.
5: Max (Ice Climbers) - Ug, I so lost unfairly!~ /johns. Heh, next time I'll get you. IC vs Ike is fuuuun seriously I had loads of fun brawling you.

13: ChiboSempai - You know you beat my team in doubles only cause I fell into the water in Japes 3 times.

13: Ussi - We like Ike! We like Ike! The Jolly Green Giant!

17: Wind Owl - Thanks for letting me borrow your controller, that dair through the platform to usmash kill was one of the most epic things I ever did.

17: Genesis - It was fun being your doubles partner, of course I finished everyone off, I have tons of killing potenial and just LOOOOVE to abuse fsmash!~

~_~ yes I know the least people here....

One last thing, will there be a NORMAL brawl set up? I don't do wave dashing >___>

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah it was lol

i played triad in like 20 fox v samus friendlies next day

and cort telling bum to make m2k fall through seel was too good

siiiiiiigh gooood times

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
remember brawl+ is only a side event, not THAT much effort will be averted to it. like, if its 11pm and everyones tired, then it wont happen lol. or to make it fast, maybe a single elim bracket? its only $3 afterall. melee runs fast however and il have more tvs than the last melee biweekly and itl start sooner so it should be fine

Velocity

Smash Lord
yeah it was lol

i played triad in like 20 fox v samus friendlies next day

and cort telling bum to make m2k fall through seel was too good

siiiiiiigh gooood times
since i beat kip 2-0 and triad 2-0 and kip took a match off of bum if I beat you 2-0 and took a match off of bum which i think with falco i had a better chance i would have got into brackets but i'm glad i didn't bum vs. isai was too good

those were good times hopefully more to come.
Lemme know If I can roll
ok

Velocity

Smash Lord
remember brawl+ is only a side event, not THAT much effort will be averted to it. like, if its 11pm and everyones tired, then it wont happen lol. or to make it fast, maybe a single elim bracket? its only $3 afterall. melee runs fast however and il have more tvs than the last melee biweekly and itl start sooner so it should be fine
no don't start sooner, 6 and let me get there late

Top Bottom