• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies:Smashin' with Passion: Round 6

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea lets not do pools, that will make this run so much longer.

everytime we do pools the tourney dont end until 3 or 4 in the morning.

or if ur gonna do pools then take the top two or three of each pool or something.

i dont know who in nc started this pool thing for locals, but it's dumb.

and before anyone says i'm "scared"

i have placed top in my pools every time we have done this.

i still think it is not a good thing.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
we can do pools, but it would be best to allow only top two of each pool into bracket. That is how pools are normally worked.

there is no point in doing pools JUST for seeding, that wastes time.

past tourney results, PR, and location are for seeding.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if people play in pools knowing there is no consequences to there lost except getting a bad seed, people wont play as hard.

ask shady, he purposely does not tryin in pools, he goes yoshi.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
if people play in pools knowing there is no consequences to there lost except getting a bad seed, people wont play as hard.

ask shady, he purposely does not tryin in pools, he goes yoshi.
that's his fault

he should worry about getting a higher seed so his bracket is easier instead of going Yoshi

a second point of pools is to make sure people get a lot of tournament play/experience in since even if they go 1-2 or 0-2 in bracket, they still got to play 6, 7, 8 tournaments sets overall

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
This is a LOCAL!

that whole argument is invalid.

we live an hour from each other tops (except stingers and dublio)

if people REALLY wanted to get more brawl in, they would go to each others house. this is a tourney, not smashfest. When u come to tourney u come to win, not to get in as many games as u can. thats what smashfest are for.

even if that's dannys fault, it comes natural with the non competitiveness of having no consequence when u lose.

so regardless, people wont try hard enough, even if u THINK u are, in the back of ur mind u will know that you will still be in the tourney if you lose, which i think is dumb.

V1CE

Smash Champion
This is a LOCAL!

that whole argument is invalid.

we live an hour from each other tops (except stingers and dublio)

if people REALLY wanted to get more brawl in, they would go to each others house. this is a tourney, not smashfest. When u come to tourney u come to win, not to get in as many games as u can. thats what smashfest are for.

even if that's dannys fault, it comes natural with the non competitiveness of having no consequence when u lose.

so regardless, people wont try hard enough, even if u THINK u are, in the back of ur mind u will know that you will still be in the tourney if you lose, which i think is dumb.
Keith honestly its whatever haha... We will just have to do pools cause we arnt gonna be able to change it. Atleast I know that someone else here thinks logically tho lol

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Keith honestly its whatever haha... We will just have to do pools cause we arnt gonna be able to change it. Atleast I know that someone else here thinks logically tho lol
what the hell is with this communities indirect "haha someone agreed with me so im gonna make a sly comment to insult everyone who's disagreed"

both arguements have their valid points, pools are nice and are bad all at the same time

theres gonna be a bracket regardless though, so why care?

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I hate when Melee players say things like "this community does this" like the brawl community only does it when the Melee people do the same exact thing.

V1CE

Smash Champion
what the hell is with this communities indirect "haha someone agreed with me so im gonna make a sly comment to insult everyone who's disagreed"

both arguements have their valid points, pools are nice and are bad all at the same time

theres gonna be a bracket regardless though, so why care?
im not insulting anyone im just happy someone agrees with me... trust i love playing brawl and hell the more matches the better but i just think that it makes more sense this way thats all... its my opinion and i can state it thats all

the problem here is that everyone takes everyone elses opinion so serious like I just smacked your girlfriends face with my **** or some ****...

INstead of having a mature debate about it people get personal lol and then that creates drama... These boards arnt even serious lmao Its full of trolls lmaooo the real community is out there going to tourneys all the time and ****.. When we there too **** we all friends and dont give a **** but then everything gets real when you come on the boards lol such gayness lmfao

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
im not insulting anyone im just happy someone agrees with me... trust i love playing brawl and hell the more matches the better but i just think that it makes more sense this way thats all... its my opinion and i can state it thats all

the problem here is that everyone takes everyone elses opinion so serious like I just smacked your girlfriends face with my **** or some ****...

INstead of having a mature debate about it people get personal lol and then that creates drama... These boards arnt even serious lmao Its full of trolls lmaooo the real community is out there going to tourneys all the time and ****.. When we there too **** we all friends and dont give a **** but then everything gets real when you come on the boards lol such gayness lmfao

damnnnn right

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wtf u mean ignore keith?

all my points were legit.

i dont feel like staying up until 3-4 in the morning playing brawl, i have church on Sunday.

a worst seed is not a big enough consequence for losing.... sorry to say this, but if danny got the worst seed, his chances to making to GF are worst, but it will prob still happen. Im not going to boast and say that the same thing will be guaranteed for me, but at a tourney like this, it could be.

you or stingers have yet to give me a valid reason why we need pools... because getting more games in is not for a toruney.

Look just let me know now if this is gonna have pools for sure, cause i value church more than this game, and i dont really see myself coming to this and staying up so late.

danny can take home all the money.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yes, but ZR is talking about pools, that do not get rid of anyone. that will make the tourney take for ever.

I have no probs with pools, if the pools take a only a few to bracket.

V1CE

Smash Champion
yes, but ZR is talking about pools, that do not get rid of anyone. that will make the tourney take for ever.

I have no probs with pools, if the pools take a only a few to bracket.
Basically it gives players who arnt pr'd or something or someone who would be consider a lower seed a chance to play other players cause they dont wanna get eliminated so fast and it gives them a slight chance to get lucky and beat someone who would be seeded higher, even tho that shouldnt happen.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
what does NC have against pools?

I don't get it...
Good states dont do it.

it makes us look weak, or like we are less competitive for 1. ( with the type of pools zr and stingers are talking about)

and atop of all that, all the other points i mentioned earlier.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Keith that's about it. stop this ****. right ****ing now. Seriously, pools has only ever been ran at 2 tourney's in NC. The first one was at state over the summer and it lasted until 10:00. The second one was the state at duke and there were so many other things going on u can't blaim pools. and tourney ended at a reasonable hour. don't give me this bull**** about don't wanna be here til 3 or 4 in the morning.

I hate to call you out on this but every tourney I have held, you have been one of the latest to arrive. Yes, I hold the tourney up for you and all the ppl who straggle in around 3 and 4 in the afternoon. If you cared so much about finishing tourney on time, you would get there on time.

gd it keith. I hate being an *** to you but these last 2 pages aren't worth my time responding to. You ignore the good that pools offer and say "this is tourney; this isn't for that" ; bull****. half the people who come to tourney are doing it to get better. People play a lot more serious in a tourney set than they do in a non-tourney set. Let people get experience.

This tourney will be over by 8-9 at the latest. And then LT singles for everyone who wants to stay until 10-11 or so.

And steve comes in here, calls everyone illogical (cause we disagree with him) and then says he isn't insulting anyone, he is just giving his opinion............what????????????????

We are running pools if time isn't an issue and we have enough setups. That is it. No more discussion. I'm done arguing. If you feel like I make poor decisions as a tourney host, you are more than welcome to leave. I will refund you all your money. That's that. No more argument.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if we end at 9, im fine. but i doubt that will happen, especially since we are starting single as 4:30 *sigh*

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I mean keith it really only seems to be a few ppl who have a problem with it. Sorry I like you but I'm done having this discussion. I don't really understand the counterargument. It's just "we shouldn't do cause it is something that shouldn't be done and the reason it shouldn't be done is that we shouldn't do it."

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i can sooo push this tourny once im there, gettin done by 9 is superrr easy, Dylan started G6 singles @ like 4 ish and finished brawl 10ish, and thats like 2x the size of this tourny

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
i can sooo push this tourny once im there, gettin done by 9 is superrr easy, Dylan started G6 singles @ like 4 ish and finished brawl 10ish, and thats like 2x the size of this tourny
well actually he had as many brawl players at that tourney that this one has gotten. But I'm sure it will be easier with this one cause there won't be an extra 40 or 50 people there (melee people) that I also need to manage. And setups really shouldn't be a prob. I got 4. I think 313 said he is bringing his. I feel like stock offered to bring 1. I'm pretty sure steve offered. If LDPK comes (I feel like he and arc are coming; one of them asked me a couple weeks back when the date for this one), he always brings one. I assume one of the new ppl might bring there's. So I'm looking at the very least 7 setups. And upwards towards 10.

But yeah, ppl bring setups. That way pools can run quickly. I want at least 2 setups per pool.

Top Bottom