• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duy's Awesome Basement Tournaments (Mississauga, ON)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I should be able to come to this, but I need bus directions.

I live in Meadowvale, which is right besides Streetsville, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem...

If I can come, I'll bring my Wii+ Gamecube & Melee/Brawl.

*Edit* Got general car directions, I should be fine.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Hype has been spreading lies.
I will do my best to be there plus a wii, but no guarantees.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Holy ****, Fool posted. I bet Fool will own everyone there, then get 8th on the PR, and then get flamed to death, rofl! I think Hype and Fool would make a great team, have an epic name referring to the PR.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, Fool posted. I bet Fool will own everyone there, then get 8th on the PR, and then get flamed to death, rofl! I think Hype and Fool would make a great team, have an epic name referring to the PR.
You just wait...

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I'm not denying it, you probably can, the illusion **** seems to be popular with the boys these days. ****, I gotta find an answer to that. but yo, you going to OIN 3.14?
If Hype is going to OiN pi, then I am too, and he seems pretty determined to go, although transportation is a problem atm. The optimistic answer is yes.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
What are the crews going to be for this crew battle business? Is there gonna be money involved in that too?

abcduy

Smash Cadet
we only gonna run doubles if there are enough interest though.

p.s. carter, my bad for kirbyside and playing gay rob. i heard you were pretty pissed.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im down for teams,just dont make it like 20$ a team maybe like 10$? i dont have the cash

ps; crew battles if theres time sounds good

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo duy can i help you guys with the pools/brackets to get **** done quicker?
i gotta be at my best friends jam at 8pm and im pretty sure the tourny wont b done until like 11.
ill bring like a setup if that helps **** go quicker

Anth0ny

Smash Master
yo duy can i help you guys with the pools/brackets to get **** done quicker?
i gotta be at my best friends jam at 8pm and im pretty sure the tourny wont b done until like 11.
ill bring like a setup if that helps **** go quicker
Doesn't the tourney start at like 2? You should def be good by 8...I gotta be at a jam at around 8 too :laugh:

And I'm def down for teams. Me and TO Joe...Italian Stalions son!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
pools would be better imo, itd allow us to play more people and have proper seeding, this will finish by 8 easy even with pools

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The only reason I'd like straight to bracket is because if we could get the singles tournament done quickly, we'll have time to do crews and teams and still be out by 8ish. Which is my main goal lol.

And pools force you to play certain people. Straight to bracket ends tourney fast, which means more free tvs and more friendlies/mms with whoever you want.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Just letting you guys know, team sorry about your **** luck will be making a comeback at this tourney...no one has a chance : D

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
The only reason I'd like straight to bracket is because if we could get the singles tournament done quickly, we'll have time to do crews and teams and still be out by 8ish. Which is my main goal lol.

And pools force you to play certain people. Straight to bracket ends tourney fast, which means more free tvs and more friendlies/mms with whoever you want.
he's giving us an hour for mm/friendlies so that shouldnt be a problem, im fine either way i just more tourney exp/practice,OiN is creeping up:laugh:

i might not be able to bring my wii anymore,my parents are bi-polar:embarrass <-wow this smiley *****

edit;are teams still going down?need to know if i gotta bring more $

Anth0ny

Smash Master
IMPORTANT:

Is the tourney going to start at 2 sharp? Unfortunately, I probably can't be there before 2. I'm talking 2:30-3. Will that be fine?

If not...I'll find a way I guess. Or not come :/

.Marik

is a social misfit
Dimmy, what time do you want to meet me at Meadowvale Town Centre bus terminal?

I need to know so I can make arrangements.

Can't wait to unleash the wrath of my Yoshi. ;]

*Edit* I can meet you around.. 12:45-1:00ish.

*Edit 2* Wow, Tier-Whores... D:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Ya do u guys wanna do a mini sauga vs to/vaughan crew battle? Practice for oin 3.14 lol
Vaughan crew battle without me? lol that's like 1/3 of the crew gone.

and the best player too ;) i wish i could make it to this but can't :(:(

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
****, I know it's kind of late, but I just found out one of my midterms is coming Monday.. I gotta stay at home and try reading about 300 pages of theory in 2 days.

Oh and my friend has his group dance performance sometime next week and turns out the final practice is today, so yeah... We'll be there next time though, barring any midterms/assignments due. Sorry =(

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm going to be a few minutes late, since I'm catching the 1:30 bus now at Meadowvale.

And can someone please drive me back later on? I won't have enough money. : (

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll be there in spirit

EDIT: Yo Duy, post teh results when teh epic tourney is finished

JL & Ambrose; get *****!
Anthony: *****!
Joe; *****!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
heres doubles results

1.italian stallion me and anth