• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duy's Awesome Basement Tournaments (Mississauga, ON)

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
5 people is just 10 games... so it can't be more than 2 hours, can it? o.o

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
if we could get 1 more wii itd be decent 4 ppl per wii = pools doable and if anything we could also go down to 2 stock 5 minutes

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd prefer straight to bracket. Pools would take FOREVER, and let's not forget that this is a house tournament on a Friday night.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hmm. I'll bring a Wii if it's needed I guess, although I must warn you all...

JAPANESE BRAWL.

And just to be sure, the tournament starts at 6, right? And I still need the exact address...Dimmy sent me directions but he doesn't remember the exact house...so a little help with that?

nickcam

Smash Ace

JAPANESE BRAWL.

And just to be sure, the tournament starts at 6, right? And I still need the exact address...Dimmy sent me directions but he doesn't remember the exact house...so a little help with that?
first post has adress

Anth0ny

Smash Master

JAPANESE BRAWL.
MK sounds too good in the Japanese version :)

Also, if anyone has a Wii with homebrew and the backup loader on it, I have a copy of Brawl with texture hacks that I could bring. Pretty awesome stuff if anyone wants to try it out!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Ohoho...stupid me. XD Alright, great.

Edit: Yes, Japanese MK and Ike are amazing! I almost wanted to use them just hearing them, until I remembered I sucked at using them. And I'm so glad Ivysaur doesn't sound like a hired hobo anymore.

Unfortunately..Snake's voice sucks. >_O

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Get me a copy of texture hax please&thanku...

what time is this planning on being held to?

Bug~

Smash Ace
ill bring wii+brawl too probably.

also, mm anyone?

1. Duy (4 tvs + 1 wii) - $5 mm bo3?
2. Dan - $5 mm bo3?
3. Dimmy - $5 mm bo3?
4. Zeph (1 wii) - $10 mm bo3?
5. Mikey (1 tv) - $5 mm bo3?
6. Anth0ny (Maybe) - $5 mm bo3?
7. Hype - $5 mm bo3?
8. Nickcam (1 wii) - $5 mm bo3?
9. Fool - $5 mm bo3?
10. Ryan Fw - $5 mm bo3?
13. Danny (Maybe) - $5 mm bo3?
14. Nickcam's Friend - $5 mm bo3?
15. Yukiwarashi - $5 mm bo3?
16. Toronto Joe - $5 mm bo3?
17. ShiFu - $5 mm bo3?
18. Hammond - $5 mm bo3?

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
why do u wanna MM me for 10? :S

Im so sorry i cant come guys I got really sick last minute + finally got my diagnosis on my other health problems so im out of comission for a while...

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
good games everyone, especially those who i got to play Melee with,that was too funny.

Ambrose why the **** are you so pro:confused::chuckle:

im considering dropping fox after today, im going to see how saturday/sunday play out and then decide,i have no tech skill:( lololol m2k

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
ggs to everyone today hype came outta nowhere and scared ambrose haha. BTW everyone who came today better do well at prepare yourself we are now all prepared (i'm looking at you ambrose). Hope you all had fun, was great to play all of you even if i did lose a lot haha

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Tourney was too much fun : ) (even after I threw my tantrum after losing lol, sorry everybody but I hate to lose in my best matchup).

Good stuff to Hype for stepping it up, even though I felt like I could have done alot better in the set you for sure deserved the win, good stuff. Sorry for my reaction lol. Mississauga's new weapon, right here. Fool is also very very good.

Good friendlies to Yuuki, Hype, Fool, Bug, Ryan, Joe. I didn't play enough friendlies : (

GOOD STUFF TO DANNY for taking out Joe and to Nickcam for placing in the money...and getting back DOUBLE what you paid to enter...too pro.

Sorry if I left anyone out...WAY past my bedtime

Ambrose I want those IC dittos uploaded TONIGHT : )

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Good games people. Duy, you were an awesome host, and your basement's pretty cool. Hope you can host more tourneys sometime, I'd go for sure.

Based on my performance here, I'm pretty sure I'm not prepared for Prepare Yourself. XD I dunno...depending on Sunday, I think I'm going to drop Brawl. Metaknight makes me very emo, and I hope him and Snake get Mewtwo'd/Dr. Mario'd/Roy'd in the next game.

Edit: Oh, and I'm finished with Lucario...for good. I would prefer to play as Ivysaur off stage than Lucario. >_<

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Mewtwo, Dr Mario and Roy need to return to the next game. Sakurai fails, he didn't even add Sigurd in Brawl after he wanted to add him in Melee -.-

nickcam

Smash Ace
This tourney was mad fun. GG's everyone. Hype we are pretty much guarenteed to play at brampton lol so be ready. Good to see bug and danny! back aswell. Brose next time watch out =)

Hype

Smash Lord
This tourney was mad fun. GG's everyone. Hype we are pretty much guarenteed to play at brampton lol so be ready. Good to see bug and danny! back aswell. Brose next time watch out =)
I can't go to bramton : (...It's a long story. Ill be at the pownz tourney today though. Your Wario is really hard to play. Lol, at me picking D3, I don't even play him. I just thought if i counter picked you hard enough...It was still so close. and stop banning my favourite stage!

@mikey: you falco is really good. It's also my best match up as well xD.

@Duy: gg's your rob is good. We need to play again. good job on hosting too, you house is awesome.

Ambrose: OMG I can't believe I broke my own shield by holding it down while you are on the other side of the stage. then you come over and Level 9 judgement me! Your Ice Climers are so good. you also gave me some tough matches with MK.

Dimmy: I know you didn't play your best in our matches, we should rematch some time. I really capitalized on getting below you.

JL: All of our matches were extremely close, you're really good. MK ditto's are fun.

Fool: I hate having to play against you.

GG's to everyone else I played friendlies with.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
That would suck if you quit Yuuki : ( friendlies are still fun aren't they? You don't necessarily need to enter tourneys.

< insert smartass comment about JL NOT SPIKING ME during our set here >

EDIT: did Hype just say MK dittos are FUN.................omg lol what a trooper

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Good stuff yesterday. There needs to be more of these! Bi-weeklies perhaps?

Also, Melee is too good. Shoutouts later!

Top Bottom