• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
That doesn't mean it will be better. Official models are always better than fan made because they are meant to look that way..

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@hero1771: nice!

------

Update! It's been a looong time. I've been sitting on some minor changes to Zero for all that time, but now I finally got up the energy to put them up. Here is Zero 1.4:

Download for both v/BBrawl and B+:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzziimamyin

VERSION 1.4 CHANGELIST:
- Removed Boomerang Shield leaf graphics
- Changed saber shape to Megaman Zero style saber shape
- Ftilt hits outward (169) with more KBG from frames 17-28 (low point of spin)
- +10 KBG on D-smash explosion

BRAWL+ SPECIFIC CHANGES:
- Same as above, and...
- Increased Fsmash speed 1.3x speed to 1.4x speed
- Terminal Velocity decreased by 0.05
- Airdodge x1.1 speed

It might not still be perfectly balanced, since I don't really have the time or resources to test balance extensively nowadays. However, it ought to be a good deal closer than before. Really, the biggest changes are simply aesthetic.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Uh... I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how in the world did you make Zero's down smash?

How did you make it so he jumps higher the longer you charge the smash? Looking at the code, it looks like some sort of Change Action to a jump, but I can't understand most of it... sorry for asking here, but I would like to know how the move works.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
To describe it briefly, in the subaction for jumping, I have a bunch of Ifs to check if certain variables are set. These variables determine how much momentum to add to the jump.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post, but if I didn't, no one would notice that I had another question...

On the information about Sword Ganon without codes, can you kinda explain what Phantom Wings means about the root location of an article? I don't really understand how to find the root location and what he's saying sounds really complicated, so can you explain it in layman's terms for me?

Also, the link to the information right above the download for Sword Ganon in the OP actually links to Killable Giga Bowser.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Oh snap, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it.

It's been so long since I made sword Ganon, I don't remember how I did it at the time... but here is a resource that lists all characters' articles and, I believe, the roots of them.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/tmp/

When he says "root" he basically means the beginning of the data that is relevant to the article.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
So if you attach an article to a bone, can it move away from the bone or is it stuck there forever?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@hero: very nice. BeyondYou did a good job. No offense to him or his work, but it's not close enough to use as a base for Zero 2.0... but regardless, it looks worlds better. I am quite impressed.

@sinister: I am a lazy bum who has not gotten around to it yet. : (

Doragon Shinzui

Smash Rookie
When I first saw Wisp while wandering around on YouTube, my mind went "Wait, buh?"
It's is truly a work of genius, but many people seem to ignore your Zero mod, which is equally imaginative and fun.
Also, Wisp has given me an idea on a Zelda mod I'm planning. I don't think it'll work, but do you know if it's possible to make it so that the actual element of a characters attacks can be switched like you did with Wisp's forms?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you! And yep, you certainly can change the characters' attacks on the fly, be it element or any other aspect. It might be a little tedious, especially if every attack changes, but it's very doable.

Doragon Shinzui

Smash Rookie
Sweet...
Of course, step one is hacking my Wii, and it's technically not mine, so step zero would be getting a hacked Wii...
**** you logistics!

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
I just downloaded the files for the newest wisp and it really is an awesome character, but for some reason I'm unable to change into the fire version. I understand that it's the right taunt but it doesn't seem to be working. It just goes to ice. So both sides are ice and I'm not sure why. Thanks in advance for any help.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey people, sorry for making a bump on this topic...
I tried to put Zero on Toon Link, well it's almost perfect, but there are some problems:

If grab the edge with hookshot, the "link" will freeze

^Z on air it will appear Link's Model

^Grab don't have any function

^First jump is higher

^Shield when you have charged your "B"
And the gun floats...

Also jump on the opponent while your "B" is charged, will freeze the game/wii
So, Eldiran, can you make a Zero for Toon Link? At my point, it's only some options to edit...
Well, link I have my other models and etc, that's because I tried toon link, but nice work anyways, nice job, nice model etc!
Thanks if you reply

Jebruary

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bump, but is there any way to put Zero over a different (IMHO more useless) character - say Ice Climbers? I am new to this, and Zero was pretty awesome once I got him working, but I would like to keep Link playable.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bump, but is there any way to put Zero over a different (IMHO more useless) character - say Ice Climbers? I am new to this, and Zero was pretty awesome once I got him working, but I would like to keep Link playable.
I know you're new to this, but character porting isn't that easy, nor do most character ports work properly. And you can't port full characters to Ice Climbers IIRC.

If you want to have Zero playable as well as Link, wait for the ARF/Clone engine to be completed. Dantarion is working on it, and is doing a pretty awesome job at it.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ice Climbers? No. Game and Watch? NO.

You might be able to get him working on Toon Link if you do it yourself, but the chain makes things difficult to port, because even if you get everything working perfectly on Toon Link the chain is notorious for screwing up. As Cuckoos said, it's not as simple as copying and pasting to another character slot.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
that vertex looks like a model import. i swear.

oh and, i've made a texture, no pictures yet, but a Fierce Deity Zero <_<

it is brawl. so why the fudge not.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
@cuckoos: is it really true that the clone engine still might come out? Last I heard about it (which was months ago) I heard that the project was too difficult and so it was halted... I'll admit, I'm not sure how reliable my source was....
it's great news if it's still being worked on...

Also, I would love if there was a zero minus made for this game... ESPECIALLY if a clone engine is ever made. Many of my friends have asked me if this was likely to ever happen (since of them, only I really go to smashboards).... so... is it likely that zero minus would ever be made? if you wouldn't want to make it, would you allow someone else to use your zero to make a zero minus (@Eldiran). Regardless... I love your Zero... I played him a great deal when I played plus. He has a very unique playstyle.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
@cuckoos: is it really true that the clone engine still might come out? Last I heard about it (which was months ago) I heard that the project was too difficult and so it was halted... I'll admit, I'm not sure how reliable my source was....
it's great news if it's still being worked on...
Don't quote me, please, but as I understand it, the clone engine is working but is extremely user-unfriendly and because of this it has not been released to the public. The author of the engine has lost interest in Brawl(in favor of Project: M), so once he got it working enough for P:M's purposes, he became lethargic. I don't know if he's made any direct comment about his plans to continue work, but the project is on hiatus, at the moment(I think).

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers? No. Game and Watch? NO.

You might be able to get him working on Toon Link if you do it yourself, but the chain makes things difficult to port, because even if you get everything working perfectly on Toon Link the chain is notorious for screwing up. As Cuckoos said, it's not as simple as copying and pasting to another character slot.
it's still fun though. *grins*
*uses incredibly messed up bowser over donkey kong*
sometimes.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Is this enough for you Eldiran to continue the project?
Quite possibly!

However I have a lot of work and stuff in the way of getting academics/a job/a life/etc so it won't be 'til the summer most likely. I need to spend time on things that can actually be put on resumes...

That said I still would really love to make a proper Zero with that vertex, and I know I could. It'd be epic.

@BlackRainNFire: thanks for the compliments! Anyone is free to edit my Zero to make stuff, provided they give credit for the original and that they make it clear that any edits made were done by them and not me.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Quite possibly!...
...I still would really love to make a proper Zero with that vertex, and I know I could. It'd be epic.
:D
However I have a lot of work and stuff in the way of getting academics/a job/a life/etc so it won't be 'til the summer most likely. I need to spend time on things that can actually be put on resumes...
What's your desired occupation? Considering how high quality your work is, I would expect it would carry at least a little weight on a resume for a programming position(it's obviously not in the languages employers want you to be experienced in, but it does showcase your incredible learning speed and capacity to make something impressive with few resources).

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I believe homebrew and a few of the things related to hacking your wii are slightly illegal, so this doesn't realy count as a resume thing.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I believe homebrew and a few of the things related to hacking your wii are slightly illegal, so this doesn't realy count as a resume thing.
That's a reasonable point, but I really doubt that most employers would care.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
That's a reasonable point, but I really doubt that most employers would care.
I don't think with something like this it would be a huge deal, but being a part of Team Twiizers or something probably would. Personally if I were hiring and saw that on a resume (obviously not "Hacked Zero into Brawl" but something like "Fluent in SSBB Coding" would appear better) it would probably be of benefit, but that's just me.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
What's your desired occupation? Considering how high quality your work is, I would expect it would carry at least a little weight on a resume for a programming position(it's obviously not in the languages employers want you to be experienced in, but it does showcase your incredible learning speed and capacity to make something impressive with few resources).
Heheh, you might be overrating my programming ability just a tad.

I'd like to be a game designer/programmer, but that's not the kind of thing I'd ever get hired for. I'm more looking into web design, programming, or just general IT stuff.

Problem is that people who aren't at least moderately video game savvy won't be impressed, since they won't understand that putting a character into a Wii game is a feat.

Putting "Fluent in SSBB Coding" could work, as long as they don't ask me to explain it in too much detail :p

But yeah, my priority currently goes toward making a portfolio website and/or making a game to try to sell (unlikely, but I can dream).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom