• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Say, when you get the model done, mind if I do another Zero Nightmare Texture for the first page?

Also, another rounds of questions.

1) Will Zero's Final Smash be the same as the current PSA? If, so, I would like to offer another suggestion...appearance wise.

2) I would very much like to see variation from Zero of TvC. Will you be using his moveset from TvC, or will it be something entirely new?

3) Do you think Zero could be Vertex-Hacked into X? Just asking.

Later!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Pretty interested in the actual Zero model and other works with it. Can't wait.

Would you all be looking for a hand by the way? I'm way too excited for the guy, the team seems to have a lot of experience, you, Kurobit, BSZ, etc. xD
More help is always welcome -- though we have quite a few people, they are all unfortunately waiting on me. Depending on how many of them are ready to start up on Zero when I'm finally done, I may look for extra help.

Oh, well he does have his normal vBrawl moves when the sword is sheathed, but Brawl+ changed the angles on Ganon's aerial warlock kick as well as the trajectory on his d-throw. I'll test later, but I think the ALR is most likely missing too.

I understand that sword-ganon isn't designed for Brawl+, so these aren't complaints or anything.
Ah, yeah. It's cool, just wanted to be sure nothing was glitching.

Say, when you get the model done, mind if I do another Zero Nightmare Texture for the first page?

Also, another rounds of questions.

1) Will Zero's Final Smash be the same as the current PSA? If, so, I would like to offer another suggestion...appearance wise.

2) I would very much like to see variation from Zero of TvC. Will you be using his moveset from TvC, or will it be something entirely new?

3) Do you think Zero could be Vertex-Hacked into X? Just asking.

Later!
Help yourself!

1) Probably not -- I'm thinking most things will be rather different.

2) The moveset will be based primarily off of the Megaman X series -- not sure how close that'll be to TvC.

3) Some people have actually been fiddling with that already:
http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress....ember-kurobit-has-also-joined-esh/#more-12570

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
I have been thinking about Wisp (not playing with, still got no homebrew...). Maybe its final smash could change depending on the type it currently is. Here are my idea's so far:
Fire type-Meteor rain: Wisp summons fiery meteorites from the sky. First, the meteorites are small fireballs (Mario's fireballs), after some time bigger objects begin to rain down that explode on impact (Yoshi's fireballs from his final smash). Finally, it finishes with a big, slow falling orb of flames that causes a massive explosion.

Ice type- Sub-zero zone: Wisp creates a blue, icy field around itself . Anyone inside that field gets damaged by the cold, and occasionally freezes. Wisp also freezes on contact during the final smash.

Darkness type-Black hole: Wisp grows in size and transforms itself into a black hole. It pulls everything to its center. To escape it, you need to run away from it. The power gradually increases over time. It also grows if it manages to swallow a item or player. The swallowing actually works a bit like Kirby's swallow move: healing items heal, bombs do damage etc. Getting sucked into Wisp doesn't do any damage, but near the ending of the final smash, Wisp begins to spew the players into random directions, damaging them and giving great knockback.

Light type-Homing lasers: Wisp explodes into multiple rays of light, that erratically begin to move around the stage, homing in on every player it spots. The rays are very damaging, and very deadly if you get trapped by more than one. When the final smash stops, the rays travel back to the original place, and transform back into wisp again.

Please tell if you think you can use these ideas, or if you rather stick to Wisps current final smash.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I have been thinking about Wisp (not playing with, still got no homebrew...). Maybe its final smash could change depending on the type it currently is. Here are my idea's so far:
Fire type-Meteor rain: Wisp summons fiery meteorites from the sky. First, the meteorites are small fireballs (Mario's fireballs), after some time bigger objects begin to rain down that explode on impact (Yoshi's fireballs from his final smash). Finally, it finishes with a big, slow falling orb of flames that causes a massive explosion.

Ice type- Sub-zero zone: Wisp creates a blue, icy field around itself . Anyone inside that field gets damaged by the cold, and occasionally freezes. Wisp also freezes on contact during the final smash.

Darkness type-Black hole: Wisp grows in size and transforms itself into a black hole. It pulls everything to its center. To escape it, you need to run away from it. The power gradually increases over time. It also grows if it manages to swallow a item or player. The swallowing actually works a bit like Kirby's swallow move: healing items heal, bombs do damage etc. Getting sucked into Wisp doesn't do any damage, but near the ending of the final smash, Wisp begins to spew the players into random directions, damaging them and giving great knockback.

Light type-Homing lasers: Wisp explodes into multiple rays of light, that erratically begin to move around the stage, homing in on every player it spots. The rays are very damaging, and very deadly if you get trapped by more than one. When the final smash stops, the rays travel back to the original place, and transform back into wisp again.

Please tell if you think you can use these ideas, or if you rather stick to Wisps current final smash.
Those are very cool ideas! Unfortunately I think it's important that Wisp's appearance doesn't affect its moveset at all, which is why there haven't been any differences thus far. It doesn't seem important when there's only one Wisp in the match, but when there are multiple Wisps floating about I don't want there to be any incentive for them to be the same color.

However, if I ever get the chance to make a Brawl- version of Wisp, then some of those are shoo-ins for a Final Smash... and I might even consider making some actual diverse effects based on appearance.

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
Im actually wanting to download Wisp, but i have the Pal version of Brawl. Is that bad or something?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Im actually wanting to download Wisp, but i have the Pal version of Brawl. Is that bad or something?
It should work perfectly fine. The only possible problem would be that Wisp might use the wrong sound effects (PAL sfx are numbered differently).

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
Oh ok, that wont be much of a problem (just lets hope Wisp doesn't shout PIKA when using the jab attack, or make a giganormous explosion sound when transforming to its light form).

EDIT: i might be going to 'review' Wisp, despite never having played with it. Ill just use youtube videos.

EDIT2: nvm, not gonna work.....i just wanna download it i think....

DeltaV

Smash Rookie
Maybe the trophies of Jiggly and Link should be edited to fit Wisp and Zero.

Also, can PSA's have their own methods to get unlocked?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Maybe the trophies of Jiggly and Link should be edited to fit Wisp and Zero.

Also, can PSA's have their own methods to get unlocked?
Unfortunately I don't believe they can.

Link's trophy textures could be modified to be like Zero, but I don't think Wisp would be very do-able (since Wisp is just graphic effects).

Kati

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but would sword-ganon on the Brawl+ pac file be attempted any time in the future?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but would sword-ganon on the Brawl+ pac file be attempted any time in the future?
I believe Yeroc attempted to create that at some point. I don't know if it was entirely created or not, but if not, I did write up some tips for anyone wanting to convert it.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
iirc it is included with the regular Ganon pac in the dowloand for the newest version (7.0.3 Gold) of Brawl+

Eldiran

Smash Lord
yeah it exists.

he can dacus usmash half way across fd.

HAS B+ ZERO BEEN FIXED YET?
Not yet! But I plan to do it. Just gotta get through finals... and then intersession classes...

So how goes the work on Zero? Still planning to overhaul him?
It has been less than ideal. I've had to lower my expectations since I discovered some things wouldn't be do-able (opening and closing his hands, sheathing the Z-Saber properly) but I will make Zero. I just need some free time to do proper testing... which should come soon. Orrr in a month. One of those two.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Lemme guess, you can't move the finger bones?
Actually, he has no finger bones. He just has two polygons, one for a fist, one for an open hand. The original idea was to separate these two onto their own bone, so I could choose which one was visible at any time by scaling the respective bones, but I don't have enough bones to spare to do this.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bother you again Eldiran, but could you help us out over on the Lloyd project in the way of attaching Lloyd's swords to his hands, or write a tut on how, both would be very appreciated.

Rajekki

Smash Rookie
Wisp 1.3 crashes on my wii and there aren't any aerials. I am using regular brawl, NTSC-U. I'm not sure if it crashes at a certain point in time, or if it is something else. Does anyone else have problems with this?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I don't really, but I've noticed sometimes that randomly the costume will stop working properly (specifically, jiggs shows up with the wisp effects still around it) until I replace the file. Just try deleting the file from your SD card and putting it back on or redownload the package.

Fen__

Smash Ace
You must be doing something wrong then. Maybe you have an old version of the File Replacement Code or something?

crwys

Smash Cadet
Whenever I try using the killable giga bowsers (both of them) right when I use Bowsers final smash to transform, giga bowser is just stuck in T-Stance forever. Help please?

Enchman95

Smash Rookie
im sorry to be a total noob but where exactly to i put all the files?
including the ones with the pictures and stock sprites and selection pictures

Enchman95

Smash Rookie
also when i try to use wisp in B+ I cant
all it shows is an invisible jigglypuff for the regular color change and the rest of the costumes are just regular Jigglypuff no changes in move-set at all

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
im sorry to be a total noob but where exactly to i put all the files?
including the ones with the pictures and stock sprites and selection pictures
feel to lazy to tell you where the stock things go, but rename them fit purin00.pac and fitpurin00.pcs, fitpurinmotionetc.pac and fitpurinfinal.pac
in ur sd card private:/wii:/apps:/rsbe:/pf:/fighter:/purin i think.

Fen__

Smash Ace
also when i try to use wisp in B+ I cant
all it shows is an invisible jigglypuff for the regular color change and the rest of the costumes are just regular Jigglypuff no changes in move-set at all
There is an edit button. Use it. The path for the files is SD:\private\wii\apps\rsbe\pf\fighter\purin as stated above. FitPurin.pac and FitMotionEtc.pac are needed for the moveset, so you're missing one of those (you will need to replace the FitPurin.pac that is already there for Brawl+). I don't feel like explaining the image replacement. Ask in the help forum if you need any further help. That's what it's there for. While you're waiting for your answer about the image replacement in the Help forum, go ahead and download and install BrawlBox if you don't already have it (you'll need it to replace the stock icons and such).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
hey Eldiran are you still working on sigma?
I'm afraid I'm not -- Zero has taken priority, and I'm still trying to get myself properly re-started on that guy.

Is there any chance of you ever making a Brawl+ Wisp or sworded ganon?
Wisp's current version should be adequate for Brawl+.

Also, I believe Yeroc created a Brawl+ version of Ganon with a sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom