• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That's what I've been doing. I put all three files in that folder, all of them with their original names, and I've been selecting normal Jigglypuff
Huh, that is weird. So, you were certain to place them in here:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin

...and you're also able to get other file replacements to work? If so, I'mmm not really sure what's wrong.

Intro1827

Smash Rookie
Huh, that is weird. So, you were certain to place them in here:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin

...and you're also able to get other file replacements to work? If so, I'mmm not really sure what's wrong.
I'm not sure myself, but it works now so it's all good, I guess

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Hehe, that'd be interesting. I think I should replay those to find out exactly what crazy things to give to Zeros...
the most notable things from x series... imho is the nova-strike-esque air dash from x5 where you are coated in ice and then zbuster being total R-A-P-E at point blank, then dash cancel zsaber swings

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Um hi im new here(im 1PokeMastr on AIB) and i have a few questions for "Zero" ok to add the BBrawl version of him for BBrawl what folder do i open up and place it in and may you tell me in steps? if you would i would appreciate very much.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
the most notable things from x series... imho is the nova-strike-esque air dash from x5 where you are coated in ice and then zbuster being total R-A-P-E at point blank, then dash cancel zsaber swings
Dash cancel is pretty crazy, especially since you can cancel almost anything into it. Some things may be cancelable by dash, but certainly not everything in the actual games... I am also pondering the frozen air dash in X5, which seems like it'd be overpowered.

I think I was doing it wrong, because in X5 nothing different happened when I fired it at close range.

I bet they're crazy. I'm holding off on watching those, though, because I am actually planning to play X6 as soon as I get it. Then I'll watch 'em.

Um hi im new here(im 1PokeMastr on AIB) and i have a few questions for "Zero" ok to add the BBrawl version of him for BBrawl what folder do i open up and place it in and may you tell me in steps? if you would i would appreciate very much.
Did you do this:

Place the files within into this directory:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\link

Make sure you have the File Patch 3.5.1 code enabled and working. Other versions may also work.

Remember, if the directories don't exist, just go ahead and make them.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I think I was doing it wrong, because in X5 nothing different happened when I fired it at close range.
That's probably because that's an X6 feature, from what I remember. Close-range buster shot did more damage than X's charged shot, unless my memory is awful.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
That's probably because that's an X6 feature, from what I remember. Close-range buster shot did more damage than X's charged shot, unless my memory is awful.
Yes, the close range Z-Buster being overpowered was only in X6, as opposed to X5 where it was practically useless. It made Commander Yammark a joke...

As for 2.0 being worked on, don't hesitate to ask for help with testing or whatnot. I'm willing do do just about anything in my power to help, although I'm admittedly quite new to hacking.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Aye, I'm seeing it now that I'm playing X6. He even got faster at firing it, too...

Yes, the close range Z-Buster being overpowered was only in X6, as opposed to X5 where it was practically useless. It made Commander Yammark a joke...

As for 2.0 being worked on, don't hesitate to ask for help with testing or whatnot. I'm willing do do just about anything in my power to help, although I'm admittedly quite new to hacking.
Thanks! I'll be sure to make use of that offer when I get something done properly.

----

Anyway, here's an official update on the status of Zero 2.0. I'm currently working alongside BigSharkZ, KuroBit, Edgybluz, Fireking220, Dhragen, and Razanak7 to make Zero. My duty is the PSA, which I have unfortunately made little progress on -- we're still looking to get him resized proper first. However, we seem to have a pretty impressive array of animations done thus far. (I haven't really collaborated much since my part is still delayed...)

Here is a screenshot of Zero with his textures fixed up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am super excited. It looks good :) I can't wait to test it for ya =D

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I should probably mention the texture fixing was totally RandomTBush's doing. I'm literally reposting one of his pics :p He just sent me the files, which I need to start fiddling with.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Is somebody going to work on the textures to make him fit in better with the general Brawl aesthetic? The cell-shaded look kinda stands out.

Mercury Adept

Smash Rookie
Theres some lovely stuff happening here. I just got into the whole texture/character hacking scene.

I recently got Wisp to work, and whilst he was fine the first time, every time i use him now I can see Jigglypuff. Its Wisps move-set, but jiggly is there flailing around. How do I get rid of her!

EDIT: Disregard, I set it to fitpurin02, and it kept freezing when I tried it. Im gathering it only works as firpurin00

Fen__

Smash Ace
Theres some lovely stuff happening here. I just got into the whole texture/character hacking scene.

I recently got Wisp to work, and whilst he was fine the first time, every time i use him now I can see Jigglypuff. Its Wisps move-set, but jiggly is there flailing around. How do I get rid of her!

EDIT: Disregard, I set it to fitpurin02, and it kept freezing when I tried it. Im gathering it only works as firpurin00
Is the 02 costume the sleeping cap? That one doesn't work for normal retextures (the cap is a separate model, so it causes problems when the game tries to reference the model that is no longer there in the swapped texture).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think they're working on Zero's TvC model and creating animations for him. By this point, there isn't much of a reason to continue working on this Zero.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I’m not particularly new to this site but this is one of the only times I’ve posted anything.
I've messed around with Zero (ver. 1.3) quite a bit on brawl+ and just had a few comments with regards to balance. Namely, in the specific match up of DK versus Zero. When DK tries to recover against Zero, Zero’s over tilt (the first part used only) will semi-spike DK at any percent without any chance of recovery. The semi-spike also happens if DK chooses to approach Zero head on rather than going for the edge. At least from what I can tell, DK has to go over Zero’s over tilt range entirely in order to bypass this every time he needs his up B, which then leaves him open for another a free hit. Granted, DK’s recovery is vulnerable to a lot of forms of edge guarding, and this only matters when up B is required for him to recover, but this seems a little harsh / over kill in my opinion.

Also, did you mean for his fully charged blaster shot to ignore reflectors, the cape, and the Ness and Lucus’ over smash (although the over smash does of course stop the projectile, but not reflect it)? I mostly ask because this wasn’t listed in the change list… though I suppose it might not be over powered… just… evil.

My last point is perhaps less concerning, though I still think it could stand to change. When a Zero’s opponent is on the ground after being hit (meaning they failed to tech, which is the only reason I could see this being fair, but I think it’s a harsh punishment) he in many situations (depending on the spacing and if they are high enough percent) a guaranteed 11% blaster hit and/or combo. Regardless of whether the opponent chooses to stand up, attack and stand up, or roll in either direction, Zero can pretty easily time hitting a fully charged shot from his blaster (the key thing is that he can time it after seeing them start to get up, there’s no need to have to predict ahead of time what the laying opponent might do) so that it hits right after their invulnerability is over and before they can shield or dodge as long as he is half of final D’s stage length away or less (after the said roll, meaning, if they’re not near the edge, rolling away prevent this sometimes). After this, because of the long hit stun it has on it, you can typically guarantee a follow up second shot and aerial attack (including his up A which now kills). Although I’ll give you the person could have teched, this guaranteed (in many situations) combo seems a little harsh. I don’t know what I would suggest for this since slowing down his projectile could hurt him quite a bit, but in this situation it still seems a little unfair in his favor. Or is a spot dodge something you could do on frame one after your invulnerability? Maybe the problem is that the person I'm facing is trying to sheild and tath takes a number of frames to start? I'm not sure to be honest, which is why I'm not as certain that my last point is as relevant as the two previous. Also, if there IS nothing the opponent can do right after getting up, would it be the same when the person techs? Although since it's faster it would be more difficult fo Zero to punish regardless...

Other than that I love the character (especially his projectile game which I think is under used in most videos I see of him). Thank you very much for caring to balance him on brawl+ as well; it is much appreciated.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In lieu of the above.

I also have a review to give of Zero v1.3

Visuals: Visuals of course are well done and a treat to look at, but I think there somethings that can be improved, if possible.

Zero's Z-Saber: Funny thing about Zero's saber. In the Mega Man Zero Complete Works Book (images of them cna be found at The MegaMan Network(google it)), Most all of Zero's weapons, save his buster, are augmented by his Saber. For example, the Triple Rod, Chain Rod, and Recoil Rods are all generated by Zero's Saber. The Shield Boomerang is also the product of Zero's Saber.

I'm not saying that you have to, but just something to consider. Give Zero a Vertex Hacked Beam Sword as his Z-Saber over the modified sword flare, or vertex hack the Master Sword to eliminate the hilt "wings", and make it look more like the Z-Saber. Then eliminate the Shield on his back via texture transparency (if possible).

Also, I tried messing with the model, and made his hat/ hair reach down to his waist by modifiying the bone transformation settings on each bone in the FitLink.pac. So You might want to look into that,

On a similar note, I think Zero's Final Smash pose can be made more dynamic than it is right now, mainly by spreading his legs out farther, setting his HipN lower, then making the punch to the ground appear more dynamic as well. That is pretty much all I have to say for the visuals. Now for some other things.

EDIT: On the Shield Boomerang, I would recommend making the Gale Boomerang's model transparent if possible, and make the green glow into a ring-like shape with a white "handle" in the middle. Just my two cents.

Moves: I have to say, you did a good job on Zero's moveset. Though I think there should be a few tweaks here and there.

For one thing, while Dash provides Zero with ultimate mobility, that doesn't really help his air game at all, attempting to Dash across the screen and land an Aerial half of the time proves impossible, including his Nair. This hurts his game a little bit, but chose to do with it as you will.

Another thing is the "Special Smash Attacks" that occur during a full charge session. I think this would benefit him by changing them a little. Like say, making a 50% charge activate the Ryuenjin animation, but make the upward movement smaller. Then with the F-Smash, make it have less hits to give at 50% charge.

The Shield Boomerang moves too slowly for it's own good, and is only good for use in close quarter's combat as an attack I have found. I think making it a little faster would be required.

Another thing is that fact that Zero is weak against the characters much smaller than he is half the time. May want to factor that into your next update, I think.

That is about all I have to say. Thanks for reading if you got all the way through!

B_J_

Smash Cadet
In lieu of the above.

I also have a review to give of Zero v1.3

Visuals: Visuals of course are well done and a treat to look at, but I think there somethings that can be improved, if possible.

Zero's Z-Saber: Funny thing about Zero's saber. In the Mega Man Zero Complete Works Book (images of them cna be found at The MegaMan Network(google it)), Most all of Zero's weapons, save his buster, are augmented by his Saber. For example, the Triple Rod, Chain Rod, and Recoil Rods are all generated by Zero's Saber. The Shield Boomerang is also the product of Zero's Saber.

I'm not saying that you have to, but just something to consider. Give Zero a Vertex Hacked Beam Sword as his Z-Saber over the modified sword flare, or vertex hack the Master Sword to eliminate the hilt "wings", and make it look more like the Z-Saber. Then eliminate the Shield on his back via texture transparency (if possible).

Also, I tried messing with the model, and made his hat/ hair reach down to his waist by modifiying the bone transformation settings on each bone in the FitLink.pac. So You might want to look into that,

On a similar note, I think Zero's Final Smash pose can be made more dynamic than it is right now, mainly by spreading his legs out farther, setting his HipN lower, then making the punch to the ground appear more dynamic as well. That is pretty much all I have to say for the visuals. Now for some other things.

EDIT: On the Shield Boomerang, I would recommend making the Gale Boomerang's model transparent if possible, and make the green glow into a ring-like shape with a white "handle" in the middle. Just my two cents.

Moves: I have to say, you did a good job on Zero's moveset. Though I think there should be a few tweaks here and there.

For one thing, while Dash provides Zero with ultimate mobility, that doesn't really help his air game at all, attempting to Dash across the screen and land an Aerial half of the time proves impossible, including his Nair. This hurts his game a little bit, but chose to do with it as you will.

Another thing is the "Special Smash Attacks" that occur during a full charge session. I think this would benefit him by changing them a little. Like say, making a 50% charge activate the Ryuenjin animation, but make the upward movement smaller. Then with the F-Smash, make it have less hits to give at 50% charge.

The Shield Boomerang moves too slowly for it's own good, and is only good for use in close quarter's combat as an attack I have found. I think making it a little faster would be required.

Another thing is that fact that Zero is weak against the characters much smaller than he is half the time. May want to factor that into your next update, I think.

That is about all I have to say. Thanks for reading if you got all the way through!
but megaman zeros design sucks major bullocks and this is supposed to be x series zero k?

also if you cant land air dash nair you really really suck at this game, it is his best move, air dashing arials have NO issues, you just dont know how to play as zero from what i can tell

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Has some one made a way to Replace Toon link with Link cause i can't part with Link, but i would like to be able to keep him, or is there a way put Zero over someone else???

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks for the lengthy feedback, guys! I apologize for taking forever to respond. Almost every time I post on Smashboards is a time I'm supposed to be doing other work, and this time is no exception :p So I'll quickly go over some responses to feedback and things.

Hey, I’m not particularly new to this site but this is one of the only times I’ve posted anything.
I've messed around with Zero (ver. 1.3) quite a bit on brawl+ and just had a few comments with regards to balance. Namely, in the specific match up of DK versus Zero. When DK tries to recover against Zero, Zero’s over tilt (the first part used only) will semi-spike DK at any percent without any chance of recovery. The semi-spike also happens if DK chooses to approach Zero head on rather than going for the edge. At least from what I can tell, DK has to go over Zero’s over tilt range entirely in order to bypass this every time he needs his up B, which then leaves him open for another a free hit. Granted, DK’s recovery is vulnerable to a lot of forms of edge guarding, and this only matters when up B is required for him to recover, but this seems a little harsh / over kill in my opinion.
I agree that Zero's Ftilt is excessively harsh and effective at gimping. I've gone ahead and made it so that the low point of Zero's Ftilt hits the foe upward instead of spiking. So, instead of the Ftilt outright destroying DK, it should just be very difficult to deal with.

Also, did you mean for his fully charged blaster shot to ignore reflectors, the cape, and the Ness and Lucus’ over smash (although the over smash does of course stop the projectile, but not reflect it)? I mostly ask because this wasn’t listed in the change list… though I suppose it might not be over powered… just… evil.
I'm shocked to learn this, actually. I didn't know -- I apparently made it unreflectable when I made it able to be absorbed by Lucas' and Ness' PK Magnets. I'll have to fix that.

My last point is perhaps less concerning, though I still think it could stand to change. When a Zero’s opponent is on the ground after being hit [...]

Other than that I love the character (especially his projectile game which I think is under used in most videos I see of him). Thank you very much for caring to balance him on brawl+ as well; it is much appreciated.
It's actually kind of nice to hear that Zero's buster is so effective. Normally I would be concerned, but the fact that it requires a fully charged shot should be enough to keep it from being excessively abused.

Also, Zero's Buster is supposed to take much longer to charge, but last I checked the Brawl+ codes speed up Link's Neutral B, which I can't do anything about.

Thanks for the feedback! Even though I am focusing on the new Zero, I'd like to keep my old version decently well taken care of.

----

In lieu of the above.

That's an interesting idea. I'm surprised to hear it, because it's a concept that really does not come across in the games. Especially because I think you can throw the shield and simultaneously slash with the saber...

I'm actually planning on giving his Z-saber a more Megaman Zero look. I'm not much of vertex editor though.

Unfortunately, in order for the kind of edits you tested to stay in effect, one has to edit every animation in Zero's moveset accordingly.

I actually tried giving the Shield Boomerang a better look at your suggestion, but it caused some crashes I couldn't pinpoint. (Specifically I tried replacing the boomerang with a CD's model.) I think for now it'll just have to stay as it is.

Thanks! Remember, if you cancel an aerial dash directly into an aerial attack, then you retain the momentum, making the attack very hard to avoid.

An interesting idea. However, charging it a small amount still does strengthen the moves as a normal charge attack would. I think for the sake of keeping his moveset intuitive I'd rather leave it as-is.

Thanks! No doubt Zero suffers against such foes; and I'm not surprised the Boomerang isn't that great. Gotta have weaknesses somewhere.

----

but megaman zeros design sucks major bullocks and this is supposed to be x series zero k?

also if you cant land air dash nair you really really suck at this game, it is his best move, air dashing arials have NO issues, you just dont know how to play as zero from what i can tell
Please try to be polite, even if you strongly disagree with another poster.

I do prefer the X series' design of Zero. However, since I'm planning the new Zero to be totally X-inspired, I'm actually trying to make my old version essentially be the Megaman Zero iteration.

----

Eldiran, how goes the new zero model? I can't wait to play with your new zero.
Unfortunately it's coming along rather sluggishly. Currently I am trying to get his model modified to perfection so the animators can animate it as they will. Thus far I have detached Zero's hands and saber so they can be scaled out of or into existence whenever.

I've hit a bit of a snag with my next task -- I'm attempting to modify Zero's bone structure to attach one of his many useless bones onto his "breast" bone. That way I can put the saber on his back and have it follow along his movements nicely, as well as be able to scale and remove it.

----

Has some one made a way to Replace Toon link with Link cause i can't part with Link, but i would like to be able to keep him, or is there a way put Zero over someone else???
I'm afraid that isn't possible just yet. I wish it were, or I'd do the exact same thing.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Unfortunately it's coming along rather sluggishly. Currently I am trying to get his model modified to perfection so the animators can animate it as they will. Thus far I have detached Zero's hands and saber so they can be scaled out of or into existence whenever.

I've hit a bit of a snag with my next task -- I'm attempting to modify Zero's bone structure to attach one of his many useless bones onto his "breast" bone. That way I can put the saber on his back and have it follow along his movements nicely, as well as be able to scale and remove it.
I was actually about to give him a very stern (<-understatement) rebuttal, as he claimed your Zero had the D-Glaive and the same Boomerang weapon as he does in the X-series, when the OP contradicts him.

Can't you tell I hate paradoxical statements?

Though I liken the "Boomerang Shield" to the Shield Boomerang from MMZ, partly because he functions just like it (aside from being slower).

@BoneProblem: You mean kinda like how Lyn and Ike have bones at their arms or swords that attach to their feet?

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Are there any alternate costumes for Zero besides red and black? I was just messing around with Brawlbox and Gimp and I made myself a Zero with orange armor. If there isn't anything done already, I'd be glad to make a few different color armors for you if you want.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I was actually about to give him a very stern (<-understatement) rebuttal, as he claimed your Zero had the D-Glaive and the same Boomerang weapon as he does in the X-series, when the OP contradicts him.

Can't you tell I hate paradoxical statements?

Though I liken the "Boomerang Shield" to the Shield Boomerang from MMZ, partly because he functions just like it (aside from being slower).

@BoneProblem: You mean kinda like how Lyn and Ike have bones at their arms or swords that attach to their feet?
Ah, yeah, the two Shields are meant to be one and the same.

I don't think that sounds like it. However I've been informed that we don't currently possess the tools to do what I was attempting, so I'll have to take some other approach.

Are there any alternate costumes for Zero besides red and black? I was just messing around with Brawlbox and Gimp and I made myself a Zero with orange armor. If there isn't anything done already, I'd be glad to make a few different color armors for you if you want.
Yep! There's actually a pack of 'em on the post with Zero. However, you can feel free to make more if you'd like.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Ah, yeah, the two Shields are meant to be one and the same.

I don't think that sounds like it. However I've been informed that we don't currently possess the tools to do what I was attempting, so I'll have to take some other approach.

Yep! There's actually a pack of 'em on the post with Zero. However, you can feel free to make more if you'd like.
I was thinking of making more!

Can you say Skittle's Zero? Samurai Zero? Glass Zero (If I can figure out how to make a glass effect).

Is it possible to change the format the textures have (I.E. CI8, RGBblah, etc)? That would make making character's semi-transparent an easier job. Then I could go back and redo Liquid Sonic.

Kati

Smash Lord
Tested sword-ganon for Brawl+ and it was quite fun murdering with the jab ^_^
A little overpowered... but very fun to experiment with. I noticed though that the pac does affect ganon's normal moves even with the sword sheathed.

good stuff nonetheless

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I was thinking of making more!

Can you say Skittle's Zero? Samurai Zero? Glass Zero (If I can figure out how to make a glass effect).

Is it possible to change the format the textures have (I.E. CI8, RGBblah, etc)? That would make making character's semi-transparent an easier job. Then I could go back and redo Liquid Sonic.
Go for it! ...though I don't know that you can use a format other than the one already there without possible glitching.

Tested sword-ganon for Brawl+ and it was quite fun murdering with the jab ^_^
A little overpowered... but very fun to experiment with. I noticed though that the pac does affect ganon's normal moves even with the sword sheathed.

good stuff nonetheless
Indeed, I bet was at least a little overpowered.

What do you mean by "affect Ganon's normal moves"? He should use regular vBrawl attacks when his sword is sheathed.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Pretty interested in the actual Zero model and other works with it. Can't wait.

Would you all be looking for a hand by the way? I'm way too excited for the guy, the team seems to have a lot of experience, you, Kurobit, BSZ, etc. xD

Kati

Smash Lord
Oh, well he does have his normal vBrawl moves when the sword is sheathed, but Brawl+ changed the angles on Ganon's aerial warlock kick as well as the trajectory on his d-throw. I'll test later, but I think the ALR is most likely missing too.

I understand that sword-ganon isn't designed for Brawl+, so these aren't complaints or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom