• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I might have to look into that.

Also, :(

That happened to me too... eventually certain disks became unreadable, and the noise got really loud... I had to get a new Wii.

EDIT: @Xonar: Thank you! I would make the graphics occur more frequently, but every 2 frames is already rather fast, and more importantly, Brawl has a limit to how many graphics can be onscreen at once. I don't want to overload it.
Every 2 frames? Must be the air speed then, because if you do a jump with full force forward it's quite easy to notice for someone who has an eye for those things. (I love particles :D)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I might have to look into that.

Also, :(

That happened to me too... eventually certain disks became unreadable, and the noise got really loud... I had to get a new Wii.

EDIT: @Xonar: Thank you! I would make the graphics occur more frequently, but every 2 frames is already rather fast, and more importantly, Brawl has a limit to how many graphics can be onscreen at once. I don't want to overload it.
Well I'm ****ed if mine stops working, cuz I can't afford another one! I'm dirt poor, my family's dirt poor, and the warranty on this one is voided now due to the HBC (at least I think it is).

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Eldirain, you are absolutely amazing. I find it a great achievement alone to be able to work on this so much, as you have done. This is the best done character done with PSA so far. I look forward to your next characters, and I will most likely ask you to help out with a character or two that I will make in the future.

edit: leafbarrett, get a job! Get some money, and you can get a new Wii within like a week. And I don't think that it voids your warranty... but idk when it comes to these things.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldirain, you are absolutely amazing. I find it a great achievement alone to be able to work on this so much, as you have done. This is the best done character done with PSA so far. I look forward to your next characters, and I will most likely ask you to help out with a character or two that I will make in the future.

edit: leafbarrett, get a job! Get some money, and you can get a new Wii within like a week. And I don't think that it voids your warranty... but idk when it comes to these things.
Thank you! I'd be glad to help out if anyone gets stuck. I'm looking forward to my next characters too. :D

I can't really blame anybody for not having a job in these days... But I agree it probably doesn't void your warranty... especially if they don't know you have it. <.<

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
So I downloaded the new file, and I like the changes. Especially the ones to the down smash.

However, and I know you're gonna hate to hear this, I got another freeze. To the best of my memory, it happened like this. The stage was Pokemon Stadium 2 on the ice stage, and my opponent was Luigi in Training Mode. I got a Smash Ball, landed, used it, waited for Luigi to land, hit him with across B... then I froze. :\ Dunno if that helps you at all.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So I downloaded the new file, and I like the changes. Especially the ones to the down smash.

However, and I know you're gonna hate to hear this, I got another freeze. To the best of my memory, it happened like this. The stage was Pokemon Stadium 2 on the ice stage, and my opponent was Luigi in Training Mode. I got a Smash Ball, landed, used it, waited for Luigi to land, hit him with across B... then I froze. :\ Dunno if that helps you at all.
D: Aww mann. I was afraid of this. Well, I suppose I'll just have to let the reports flow in, 'cause I dunno what the problem is yet... Thanks for the comments and the report. Did you mean Over B or Side B by "across B"? Just makin' sure.

D: I tried adding 2 elements to Wisp, and the subroutine randomly died ;-;
Did you "Add" new commands? That changes the offset of the subroutine, which severs the connection the rest of the character has. Make sure you only Modify operations -- that's why there's usually piles of Nops in my subroutines.

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
D: Aww mann. I was afraid of this. Well, I suppose I'll just have to let the reports flow in, 'cause I dunno what the problem is yet... Thanks for the comments and the report. Did you mean Over B or Side B by "across B"? Just makin' sure.
I guess Side B - whichever one gets fully charged by the Final Smash.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It randomly started working again yesterday, and died again today. Now I must rely on the USB Loader. =D And hope my flash drive counts as a USB. ._.

Did you "Add" new commands? That changes the offset of the subroutine, which severs the connection the rest of the character has. Make sure you only Modify operations -- that's why there's usually piles of Nops in my subroutines.
Or if you do add stuff, just go to the resulting offset. :3 I just figured that out. *fail*
EDIT: Pfft. It doesn't work. ._. I'm still screwed.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yeaahh... both 1E938 and 18ACC are referred to constantly throughout with Wisp. If one of those offsets gets changed, you may as well start over (unless you're willing to scroll through every subaction to change it).

Also, I think if you're still having problems, I should say I kinda pushed it to the limit on how many subroutines and Ifs Wisp runs at once. At one point, there was going to be another level of Side+B, but Brawl refused to deal with so many Ifs in a row in so many subroutines. So, there is a limit.

Wait... unless you're talking about running things on your Wii. : (

@Elwood: thanks.

@roninlast: if it's pertinent to Wisp, I can help you here. If not, please post in the PSA guide thread.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was thinking, even though I have no experience with PSA, only with particles, that you can give the particles the direction+move speed of the wisp upon spawn, making it seem like a wisp and not an invisible emitter.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yeaahh... both 1E938 and 18ACC are referred to constantly throughout with Wisp. If one of those offsets gets changed, you may as well start over (unless you're willing to scroll through every subaction to change it).

Also, I think if you're still having problems, I should say I kinda pushed it to the limit on how many subroutines and Ifs Wisp runs at once. At one point, there was going to be another level of Side+B, but Brawl refused to deal with so many Ifs in a row in so many subroutines. So, there is a limit.

Wait... unless you're talking about running things on your Wii. : (
Yeah, I was referring to making my Wii work. :(

EtherealThorn

Smash Rookie
Phantom Effect - A Wisp Target Test/Gameplay Video[Super Smash Bros. Brawl]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2NbKF3kIrw

This is a video I made about Wisp, the first fan created Brawl character. Also, I may release a Wisp combo video, I just need some people to play with online. Also, I made this at about 3-4a.m., so tell me if I made any spelling errors, mistakes, etc.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Booooo.

I was thinking, even though I have no experience with PSA, only with particles, that you can give the particles the direction+move speed of the wisp upon spawn, making it seem like a wisp and not an invisible emitter.
Unfortunately I can't do anything so complex as that. In PSA, all I can do is say: "Make <insert premade graphic effect> right here." And "right here" is determined by exact coordinates. (I can make it appear randomly further away from that though!)

The only other options I have are size and rotation (and random rotation). What you suggest requires a multitude of Ifs or a Switch at best, and I've already pushed my character to the limit on such things.

Thanks for the idea though. I'd do it if I could.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
:chuckle: Awesome! Very nice video -- and I love that song. It's the best.

I'm totally vain enough to enjoy a combo video of Wisp, so go for it :D

Mind if I link this vid on my thread?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Booooo.

Unfortunately I can't do anything so complex as that. In PSA, all I can do is say: "Make <insert premade graphic effect> right here." And "right here" is determined by exact coordinates. (I can make it appear randomly further away from that though!)

The only other options I have are size and rotation (and random rotation). What you suggest requires a multitude of Ifs or a Switch at best, and I've already pushed my character to the limit on such things.

Thanks for the idea though. I'd do it if I could.
External graphic effect, boolean = true. :3

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
??? External? Please elaborate; I smell what could possibly result in an excellent improvement. Can you "External Graphic Effect" a regular graphic?
._. You're serious, aren't you? External Graphic Effect is almost exactly the same as normal. I thought everyone knew that.

Oh, and can someone post a link to a good USB device?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
._. You're serious, aren't you? External Graphic Effect is almost exactly the same as normal. I thought everyone knew that.

Oh, and can someone post a link to a good USB device?
Thanks -- I actually hadn't seen many External Graphic Effects, so I didn't look into it.

Odd though -- the external graphic effects won't show up.

Also unusual is that the regular Graphic Effects also have a Boolean field that seems to do nothing.

Almas

Smash Lord
All Wisp threads merged. People are saying that one thread for a character is too much. Do you really think three is appropriate?

People, please use the report function instead of using inane replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me what graphic 85 (red lightning) looks like?
Thanks -- I actually hadn't seen many External Graphic Effects, so I didn't look into it.

Odd though -- the external graphic effects won't show up.

Also unusual is that the regular Graphic Effects also have a Boolean field that seems to do nothing.
I use external graphics all the time. :3

Hm... Maybe it isn't visible because Jiggly isn't? I haven't messed with the invisibility much.

Adapt

Smash Lord
btw, the "break the target" levels can be done is 1.2 seconds (presumably only with v1.0) :D

Eldiran

Smash Lord

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yeah, the ice was a screwup on my part, as was the double water form. I fixed that, and now I just need to get a good lightning effect. :3

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Apparently you can't use Wisp on Corneria. My Wii froze 4 times in a row trying to play a match on that stage. I think it has something to do with the lasers.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Apparently you can't use Wisp on Corneria. My Wii froze 4 times in a row trying to play a match on that stage. I think it has something to do with the lasers.
Nnnnope, it Corneria works fine for me, lasers firing and all. Troubleshooting questions: Does it happen during gameplay, or before it finishes loading? Are you using Brawl+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom