• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Orbo's flip was pretty satisfying, but seeing Gheb just go "**** it, I'm scum. You win." was pretty nice too.

That rush you get when you nail scumbags. It's exhilarating.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Don't talk to me about this game. I request to be exempt from shoutouts completely. This was my last game and I'm retiring to the cave (for now). I don't have anything particular to say about myself either.

Adieu.
At least have the decency to accept the bs you should be getting from this. I don't know if its personal issues that caused your performance blips, and I'm very sorry if there are as that's always more important than dGames, but that validity of that excuse is highly degraded when you yourself have been actively modding a newbie game and posting legitimate content post-replacement (which shows you've been reading the thread enough to post) which swayed others reads.

Replacing out as scum in that situation is perfectly acceptable if real life hits you hard, but your performance here is blatantly disrespectful to Marshy and the other players and goes beyond that. You now retiring to "the cave" has nothing to do with it.

You're a cool guy when you want to be man, and I don't mean this as a personal attack against you, but your actions plain sucked.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ryu: i did a gatherer search for 'hammer', and it was gonna be loxodon warhammer, til i recalled the smiter pic which looked a bit more like he was swinging the hammer. s'all pr' cool tho

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Any set-up leans town-sided when scum gets vigged Day 1. But fo' real, I think the setup is pretty fine overall.

:059:
What happened in the game has nothing to do with how balanced the setup is.

Scum is less than 25% of the playerlist, and town has three clears on top of the use of their PRs.

I think you're wrong here.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
At least have the decency to accept the bs you should be getting from this. I don't know if its personal issues that caused your performance blips, and I'm very sorry if there are as that's always more important than dGames, but that validity of that excuse is highly degraded when you yourself have been actively modding a newbie game and posting legitimate content post-replacement (which shows you've been reading the thread enough to post) which swayed others reads.

Replacing out as scum in that situation is perfectly acceptable if real life hits you hard, but your performance here is blatantly disrespectful to Marshy and the other players and goes beyond that. You now retiring to "the cave" has nothing to do with it.

You're a cool guy when you want to be man, and I don't mean this as a personal attack against you, but your actions plain sucked.
Which is why I'm treating this whole situation as water under the bridge. It's not about the fact I'm not open to getting bs or however you put it, it's just that I'm completely aware of my actions and I'm not proud of them.

I don't need a constant reminder of this, I didn't play the best of my ability due to some issues, but some of these issues stemmed from Mafia itself. I was worn out, and completely unmotivated. I struggled constantly to keep a positive attitude and play for my faction, but more and more I just wanted to be done with this game. This attitude is what caused me to play so poorly, and that's when I realized I need a break. It has been a bit rocky IRL too, but I'm coping with it as much as I can. I still like DGames, the community, and even Mafia, however, I don't believe it's something I need right now nor something I need to focus on. I have enough time to mod a couple of games and keep in touch, but I don't have the same drive I used to. I merely outed because I did not want to be a bother on this game anymore .It was a bit strategical too and I attempted to play the 'woe is me' card hopefully giving Orbo enough of a boost to comeback.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
In other news I was unhappy with my activity this game despite my V/LA. I'm really glad town was able to pull it off though, somehow driving home the Orbo lynch despite Soup's replacement bs looking hella ****ing townie.

Obvious props, shoutouts, brofists, and mvp nominations to Kata for being a boss. Reads were on point, shots were on point, and reasoning was as well. I died N1 because I hid behind you, thinking that you were ambiguous enough to everyone else not get NKd but townie enough that securing you as such would make you a powerful ally. Too bad you were the vig.

From my other small snippets of memory/notes:

Sword: your post regarding my theory to psuedo-hide with the most towny thing I've ever seen. I was wavering on you before that but that really drove you home. I could see your thought process clearly and I liked that. Props. Your reads were good too.

Kary: You remind me of myself when I was learning. You're pretty smart and can make smart inferences quickly, which is what this town needs. I'm impressed, hope to see you grow as a player and be a town force to be reckoned with.

Nabe: You're interesting. I consider you the hipster of dGames.

Gheb: The situation you replaced into was horrible. I wrote some criticisms of your posts toDay in the green room QT but I'm kind of retracting them because your situations was really just FUBAR with how Bardull and Soup interacted with your slot.

PBJ: Your push on Nabe is understandable from a surface level perspective, but you have to delve deeper into the perspectives of what scumNabe vs townNabe would do in that situation. He's slapping a target on himself either way by claiming the way he did considering it's an open setup. Much less reason to do so as scum than as town, and even if he had been scum he'd have been outed pretty quickly without much risk to town anyway. You standing your ground against Gheb was good D3 as well as arguing down your own lynch D2, so you definitely were a part of the victory, but just try and play more openly (and learn to latch on to the things that are really important). This'll come with time.

Ran: lol

RR: Same criticism as PBJ. You sometimes get so caught up in validating your argument that you forget to re-evaluate the situation. Kat probably vigged you N2 because you looked like scum trying to lead town in circles and, even if you weren't, you were a loud voice in the thread that wasn't pushing the right lynches. Townies can say scummy things, and if you base your reasoning solely off of in-thread argumentation you're going to be more wrong than right. You often find scum through more a feel based method and then use deductive skills to find their mates through connections. IDK how much of you was Rake, and I don't know Rake at all so criticism wouldn't be helpful, but I'm giving you this advice as if you were manning the hydra.

J: Loved you this game. Calm, cool, collected, and reasonable. Ballpark thought you were scum because you were playing so well. Don't leave forever, you're making progress.

Bardull: well done, dun fooled me.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

This was a fun game. :bee:

Nabe you're bad. You thought that I was scum trying to distract town by pushing Circus? More like I'm good at reading and catching scum trying to fake content!

Btw jk your not bad.

Ran, I really dug your play this game bro! Great job catching the Soup slot. You were o on point with everything he was doing that made him scummy. I really think you've stepped it up a lot in terms of reading people.

Kat, also great play! Good job catching BarDull scum that failed to catch. Sorry I ever doubted you, I guess your personality and manner of defending yourself just made me a bit paranoid. Just be a bit more active and **** even harder next time.

Gheb, sorry about replacing into a ****ty situation. Scummy slot with obvious connections couldn't have been fun. I know I should condemn you for claiming, but I honestly really don't care. Thanks for replacing in nevertheless.

J be more active!

Kuz be more active! Good play when you were active though.

PJB good play. Also sorry for having my doubts on you. Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but with the way you obviously didn't give a **** about how you were perceived, you appeared very townie in retrospect. Great job helping get Gheb and Orboknown lynched and managing to stay alive.

Orboknown, not much to say. You didn't do bad. I'm glad that you went down with a fight. Stay though, not much you can do when you have that much momentum against your slot. Thanks for replacing in still!

Marshy, again thanks for hosting that game! I had tons of fun. Seriously one of my favorite games yet.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Very disappointed in that finish, would have loved to see Gheb fight a bit harder than surrender like that so easily to Kat :/.

Gheb, you should have read up D1. I wasn't THAT heavily invested in Circus. I think you could have pushed a bit further with the circumstances. Ah well.

WRT MVP, I'm thinking Kat as well. Damn you for shooting me Kat :( ruined everything.

#HBC | Dancer

Soup, IDGAF if you don't want me to give you a shout out, you're getting one. Your Day one play was fantastic in my eyes, and it's not like your Day 2 play was TERRIBLE or anything. However, I don't understand why you just lost your **** all of the sudden wrt your PJB push. There had to be better ways to handle that.

More so then that though, I'm absolutely disappointed in you for making a post after replacing out calling Ran ********. Even if you edited it out, the fact that you made that post at all upsets me. For one it's extremely low of you to insult Ran like that in the first place, when he was just playing the game. Two, you influenced the opinions of others (Kat) by posting after you replaced. You know damn well that by replacing out you relinquished the right to influence the opinions of others. Despite knowing this, you still acted on your bad emotionally impulse.

Not to act like some third grade teacher, but I'm expecting you to apology to Ran, Marshy, and everyone who played this game. You don't get an "out" because your under emotional stress right now. Stand up to what you've done.

*haven't read Kzi's post*

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Which is why I'm treating this whole situation as water under the bridge. It's not about the fact I'm not open to getting bs or however you put it, it's just that I'm completely aware of my actions and I'm not proud of them.
"I don't want anyone commenting on my performance and I don't particularly have anything to say about myself" definitely does not imply what I'm quoting.

A start would be apologizing to Marshy / others. You might be ready to just call it water under the bridge but I know I wouldn't if I were modding this game.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Sword

Yeah. It was just upsetting because everything I was trying to pan out wasn't working. I was getting frustrated. I apologize for my sour attitude. Town did perfectly fine and deserve this win completely.

#HBC | Dancer

Soup, IDGAF if you don't want me to give you a shout out, you're getting one. Your Day one play was fantastic in my eyes, and it's not like your Day 2 play was TERRIBLE or anything. However, I don't understand why you just lost your **** all of the sudden wrt your PJB push. There had to be better ways to handle that.

More so then that though, I'm absolutely disappointed in you for making a post after replacing out calling Ran ********. Even if you edited it out, the fact that you made that post at all upsets me. For one it's extremely low of you to insult Ran like that in the first place, when he was just playing the game. Two, you influenced the opinions of others (Kat) by posting after you replaced. You know damn well that by replacing out you relinquished the right to influence the opinions of others. Despite this, you acted on an emotional impulse.

Not to act like some third grade teacher, but I'm expecting you to apology to Ran, Marshy, and everyone who played this game. You don't get an "out" because your under emotional stress right now. Stand up to what you've done.

*haven't read Kzi's post*

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I merely outed because I did not want to be a bother on this game anymore .It was a bit strategical too and I attempted to play the 'woe is me' card hopefully giving Orbo enough of a boost to comeback.
Never, EVER, replace out as any faction as a strategy.

Never ever.

Lurk for days if that helps but have the decency to take lynch for your slot and faction if they correctly call you out for it and lynch you. Kat put you in a corner and instead of fighting your way out or running away (both fine tactics), you substituted someone else to do it for you on the grounds that you were having mafia issues. That's plain dirty.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@kuz

Rake was a reason I pushed PJB over Souo like I did, but I refuse to put any fault on him for that. I chose to lean my thoughts that way and did think PJB was obvious scum during D2.

I agree though, I thought I was too sure on PJB to reevaluate that read.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yo i just wanna go on record saying I have nothing against what soup done did, or gheb giving up (and im not trying to compare the two).

maybe if it was my game (or my scumbuddy, etc.) then yeah i'd be mad... but i'm not right now. guess i'm posting this because i wanna focus on all the cool **** that went down this game, and not get caught up about personal conduct.

*hands in air trying not to cause scene*

now I should really go get five hours sleep.

#HBC | ѕoup

Never, EVER, replace out as any faction as a strategy.

Never ever.

Lurk for days if that helps but have the decency to take lynch for your slot and faction if they correctly call you out for it and lynch you. Kat put you in a corner and instead of fighting your way out or running away (both fine tactics), you substituted someone else to do it for you on the grounds that you were having mafia issues. That's plain dirty.
I don't think I would last. It turned out to strategy to do it the way I did, but it was a genuine replace I needed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
all I get is a lol kuz I dont even know why u lol'ing at me ;-;

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ran you played sweet you are my favourite townbro. your post on orbo/death bear was probably my favourite post the whole game. if you'd stayed on pjb it could have all gone to **** and instead it was #hbc

aight now i'm really -out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks bro. Glad you liked it. :)

Shout outs now.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I found this jpeg, and I was hoping to get a chance to use it this game. I prolly could've found a good place to use it, but I never did. Missed opportunity.

#HBC | Dancer

I see how it is swords, no shout out for us :mad:
Try to read deeper into things. I would advise against reading people by simply checking to see if one's post matches a scum tell or a town tell in your book of mafia tells, if that makes sense. Reading people is more then just seeing if one has a post that looks wishy-washy, it's checking to see if one's play as a whole is legit. Always look into the context of things. Like Kat said, PJB wasn't exactly doing himself any favors. If PJB was scum, why would he constantly put himself in bad situations? Would scum, who is aware of how others perceive them, do that to themselves?

Otherwise, thanks for replacing in. Hope you can take this as a learning experience, like I myself am.

#HBC | ѕoup

man guys im reading all this i thought i was playing ****ing terrible what the hell

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
oh god lol Bardull

****in love you bro

yo. Remember, I didn't really find it scummy. Maybe I went too deep with it, because of the 'oh I like soup/kuz and j is fine so maybe those three dudes are da scumz for being off the wagon' it was not anything solid it was trivial to get **** started and it did lol.

I just literally threw it out there. If you want we can go more into it. xD

I just think you got a lil surprised that I called you scum in rvs when you were scum when I wasn't really that damn confident in that at all xDDDDD

readin thhis whole thing lolz

#HBC | ѕoup

also marshy sorry about earthbound and all this newbie is pretty easy to handle and i dont have to constantly watch it unlike a mafia game so yeah dunno what else i can really say

#HBC | Dancer

The artist is the one who is most aware of his work's flaws.

Btw not to overextend this issue but I'm still expecting you to apology to Ran/Marshy/everyone. Simply admitting that town deserved the win is avoiding the two people who deserve an apology the most.

#HBC | ѕoup

i just hope you all dont hate me for this and you can understand my perspective at least, i promise i won't fall back into old soup who got modkilled 10 times

also sorry ran i was being salty as **** because i was angry with the game and myself, not you

you played really well too don't sweat it we're still bros

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No prob man. Course we still bros. I know this is just a game. *Brofist* :cool:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
2. PrivateJoker-Brown - You know how to put up a defense, but you have a hard time pushing Town in the direction you want it to go. You're improving though and this was probably one of your best Town games.

3. Rockin - Hmm, not sure what to say about you.

5. Ranmaru - Your reads were on point. Admittedly, and not to be a negative nancy, just speaking my honest opinion here, I'm still a bit of a skeptic with how you got your reads, but a part of me feels in hindsight that you knew what you were doing. We'll see as time goes on.

6. Gheb_01 Xonar Circus - Pretty disappointed with this slot. I think the reason why Soup invested himself into this slot as well as partially myself is because we know Circus is a good player, so we were trying to buy him time to get whatever he needed done to be done. It's just a shame that the risks we took were for naught since Circus replaced out anyway despite us keeping him alive on D1. Also hate how Gheb bus'd Orbo, then threw in the towel the way he did. Not a fan. I feel he could have done better, albeit I'll concede that it was a bit of a stretch for scum to win in his position. I just wanted to see my Team do the best they could I guess.

10. Kataefi - DAMN YOU! You shot me :(. I was kicking myself in the shin for having made enemies with the Vig, but that's not something that was easily forseeable, so I'm not actually butt hurt over it. Kudos.

12. Kary - Hrm. I'm also not sure what to say about your slot. A lot of people were reading you as Town, but I get the feeling that these reads were vibes/feels and not based on tangible evidence. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Either way, it seems you did well, so kudos.

****ed outta hear
11. DtJ Hilt - vanilla townie hardbody crewd d1 - Your lynch was complete BS, LOL! I'm not even sure how it happened. Admittedly I jumped onto it as scum, but I didn't think of it as a lynch that should have actually gone through. Oh well. Nice hearing from you and playing with you again.

9. th3kuzinator - town hider ****ed outta hear n1 - THEKUZINATOR. As said earlier, lets play again sometime. And by me saying that, I mean that it would be fun clashing with you again and seeing how we match up to each other in terms of reading each other.

7. Sworddancer. - vanilla townie ****ked outta hear n1 - You played really OBVTown, which is why you had to die. :D!

13. BarDulL - scumbag ****ed outta hear n1 - I should've bussed Circus and been on better terms with Kat. Captain hindsight reporting for duty.

1. Orboknown soup - scumbag hardbody crewd d2 - Soup, you played great on D1. You did invest yourself a lot into Circus though. I kinda did as well, but not as much. I think. I'd have to reread it, but I remember trying as hard as I could to detach myself from Circus while trying to remain as "genuine" as possible in the process of not bum rushing the hell out of him. You were also 100% right about Kataefi, you made the right NK selection but I really believed I could turn him into a null presence and keep his positioning down which is why I pressed for Sword. But, Kat was the Vig, and that was my undoing. Poop. WRT to D2, your D2 was fine up until the replacement. Would have loved to see you stick it out all the way.

Orbo - You put in a good effort, kudos. Sucks you couldn't pull it out, but there isn't much shame in that.

8. Nabe - town detective ****ed outta hear n2 - You're one of my favorite people in DGames. And we have so many common interests. I feel like we'd be amazing friends in-person. I hope things actually do work out and we get to do the Furio Tiger hydra. Lets play again sometime. Oh, WRT your play this game, I don't fault you for the risk you took since Town was looking for a de facto lynch and you were slowly looking to be it.

4. J Red Ruy Death Bear (Anomandaris_Rake/Red Ruy hydra) - ****ed outta hear n2 - DEATH BEAR. This name is so funny. I even sent that account a PM about it, but I can't stress it enough. AND THE AVATAR. Too good. I liked both sides of the hydra this game for some reason, something I have a hard time articulating for whatever reason.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh god lol Bardull

****in love you bro

yo. Remember, I didn't really find it scummy. Maybe I went too deep with it, because of the 'oh I like soup/kuz and j is fine so maybe those three dudes are da scumz for being off the wagon' it was not anything solid it was trivial to get **** started and it did lol.

I just literally threw it out there. If you want we can go more into it. xD

I just think you got a lil surprised that I called you scum in rvs when you were scum when I wasn't really that damn confident in that at all xDDDDD

readin thhis whole thing lolz
I was like O_O "HOW DID HE KNOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" Orbo in the QT was like "wtf Ran called BarDulL scum off his RVS post, dafuq is going on here." If you were testing the waters to get a feel on me though, then that's completely legit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lmao I can't wait for the scumqt. Obviously I didn't know, I was town with no information. :p Maybe Swiss or others could get a correct scumread from a reasonless rvs vote but not me.

Well, the Rockin vote was more about shaking it all up to get content, but somehow my just "or maybe bardull" did it instead. xD So it was more of a 'content' starter. I mean there wasn't any serious wagons so I tried to start that up. I didn't REALLY think Rockin was REALLY scum for saying one thing about one wagon and supporting another wagon or w/e. ;o Although I see stuff about me reaching LATER and I realize I do this STILL and I'm gonna try and ask for some help from Swords so I don't DO that ****.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's fine. You actually had me going for a second that you genuinely believed I was scum based on that RVS post, which in itself is yes, a reach. But it was a content starter, which is almost always reachy like 100% of the time anyway.

I'll send you a PM about reaching later if I can be bothered to read this game over again. If I don't, I'll get a feel for you in the next game we play.

Top Bottom