• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Gheb didn't have to bus me though. He could have voted literally any other player and someone form the pjb wagon would have had to switch onto me in order to get it through. PJB or a no lynch would have happened. Yes, a connection would have been there. No, it was not impossible for us to win together. the next day could well have been mylo.
Perhaps. It would have been a very steep uphill battle though. Had Gheb went onto PJB, then there's a good chance Kat might have shot you. In that case scenario, you're still going into Day 3 with 2 scum down and now absolutely no town points for Gheb because he didn't bus you.

The only hope you guys had was this:

PJB lynch, cast doubt on Rockin and DB slots.
Hope to God that Kat shots Rockin/DB Night 2.
Kill Kat Night 2, hope that Nabe didn't investigate one of you two.
Push a lynch through on one of the Rockin/DB.

So unlikely though. Really I'm pretty sure that you would have been dead after a PJB lynch.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Everyone keeps saying I'm not an easy target because I am good at arguing out of a lynch, but I still always viewed myself as an easy target because I always tend to look scummy. I think I've been wagoned in, like, all my games at some point. Most of the time, I do not actually get lynched though, so I guess there's that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Swords: Rockin was a clear to me because of Bardull's setup at the end of D1. I grew more apathetic to the wagons on D2 because of all the replacement shenanigans but the plan I wanted to stick to was to vig the survivor of Soup/PJB on a Town flip. Such is the nature of being the the best role ever :awesome:

Slightly off-topic but I found the pace of the game really interesting btw. Isn't it funny how D1 slowed right down when Town started to consider possible scum lynches? I'm talking around 2 days before the deadline. The wagons were fairly split and nothing was taking off. Reading back you can almost feel how passive the scummies were in trying to gauge where Town might go. I might look into this a little more.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orb, it made no difference in the end and I don't bus people because of how funny it is. Let's leave it at that.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Everyone keeps saying I'm not an easy target because I am good at arguing out of a lynch, but I still always viewed myself as an easy target because I always tend to look scummy. I think I've been wagoned in, like, all my games at some point. Most of the time, I do not actually get lynched though, so I guess there's that.
Happens to me all the time. Maybe less because I seem to be more obv town as town lately.

Just look at Kittens vs Domos, NecroMafia, then here. I think it just has to do with our personalities. The reason I get wagonned is because I do crazy **** and am careless at times. (Spur of the moment kinda things)

You seem to be waggonned because you seem really 'go with the flow' and reactive. I think my problem with you was that whenever you voted, it just seemed a bit opportunistic because you didn't really have solid pushes or solid opinions of that player before joining the wagon (Such as Hilt, Nabe) [Sure you had Nabe on your will prolly lynch list but enough]. You were just 'jumping' on and that was really all your contribution, but when you saw some opportunistic pushes against you were were able to see that and gave some good insight that I liked. I would guess with your go with the flow style, it would be good to have some more opinions in thread before you committ to a push with a vote.

IN CONSTRUCTION

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It never works. I tried to do the same thing @ reviving all them OGs [Ronike, Omni, etc] for BiM3 and activity was just abysmal.

Word.

:059:
I forget my last game, but yeah, the activity was abysmal and everyone and their Mom wanted to be replaced. I've long since retired.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sorry to everyone. Real life hit me hard right as I got into this game. Objective nr1 going into it was to get Ranmaru on my side, and after that Nabe, but I didn't even have time for the first, unfortunately. Sucks.

I was ****ing with my vote indeed @Kary. I wanted to do that in bigger posts, but bigger posts never came. Ohwell. You're good at figuring out the face value of stuff while also keeping the intent in mind. I can't slack on my scum-game when you're around (like I can with most of this playerlist). Ohwell. GGs.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yeah i was gonna talk about the orbo waggon, but the bottom line is that it was a group effort by town. basically everyone on the waggon had a different yet legit reason for being on it, there was no one player that really led the way.

and yeah I don't know whether I deserve MvP for this game, for exactly that reason. It's a shame because i don't think I could have played any better this game, and I have always kinda wanted to get some sort of recognition for my play being solid. At most what I did was shephard the town towards the win, making the right choices to narrow down the list of potential scummers. Prolly have to wait until I fool all y'all as scum before I pick up any awards.

pace

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nah. Your play was MvP-worthy. The fact that the scum-team sucked is no excuse. Ive been cheated out of MvP myself plenty of times that way, lol. It's bull****.

Kary MVP

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You've never really been tunneled util you've been tunneled by Ran.

But you are good at arguing away lynches, admitedly your responses to me / Ryu / Kat upon me starting to doubt my read on you were pretty high quality IMO.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah just watch out. As scum it's smart to push your partner first thing of the day if you're smart about it because the first suspect almost never dies. Really strong strategy that helped me often. If you get wagon'd early on as town, that's good too. Just dispel opposing arguments asap. The more focus is on you the less focus on real scummers.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I was the first wagon that formed in the last Newbie I played, and despite the fact that I did a more than adequate job of arguing away the bull****, I still got lynched. Half the people who had voted me did so really early on, then went V/LA. Some of them were even scum. Then the other people who finished me off were just.. foolish newbies. That's why it was my last newbie game :p

Cavestory newbie. Go check it out. Hilariously bad game. So much salt.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I was actually hammered by Badwolf in that game. He was far more experienced than me at that point in my mafia career. By experienced, I mean he had played in more games than me, by a lot.

Top Bottom