• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe VS EC crew battle: 2nd trial!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hello Smashboards.

I have been thinking about it for a while now and when I talked about it to some other players (both Europeans and Americans) they seemed interested in it too. Mods also kindly allowed me to recreate a new dedicated thread.

So here it is: a new attempt on making an online Crew battle between Europe and East Coast.

Concerning the organisation, for the major part I'll just retake what was decided by craiigg in the last thread. In short I want two crews, one with European players, one with East Coast players. And I also want two captains who will lead their crew. The captains will be in charge of discussing tactics among his group and picking/counterpicking the players.

Signup

Please post your:
Name
Region/State/Country
Time preference (Morning/Day/Night)
and Contact (AIM, MSN)

FAQ

Who can play?
-This is an EC vs Europe crew battle, concretely it means that you have to get 5 frames or lower. Please be sure to run tests beforehand and if you can't get that low with certain players, say so. Also you have to be able to get 5 or less with at least 3 players of the other crew. The tests might be done after the crew members are defined. Concerning the lag issue, if you're likely to lag, please don't sign up. We don't want to have lag issues so be sure you can have a stable internet connection to play your games.

Will it be recorded?
-Yes, I want every game to be recorded, then the krec file should be sent to someone who will upload it (maybe me, but could also be someone else). If you are sure it won't make any of the two players lag, you might also stream the match if both players agree.

What is the limit of players?
-For now I still don't know. It will mostly depend on the hype and the number of signups. It should however not be greater than 8 players per teams (I doubt we will reach that number though) for the simple reason that it will be too complicated to have all the matches done. 5 would be good, but again it depends on how interested the people is. If there are too many players, volonteers might want to drop out.

WTF captains?
-As I said, there should be one captain in each crew. The captain will be elected by the crew itself, after the latter has been decided. This means that first will come the signups, then we will make a crew of N players based on the number of signups and finally the crew will elect his captain. The name of the captain must be announced here.

Where will it be played?
-Since there is no server (that I know of) that would allow both players to get 5 frames or lower, the matches should be p2p so either one of the two player must be able to host p2p.

What do we get if we win?
-You will have proven that your continent is the best and you will then be able to laugh at the other in any situation (just kidding, that's just to raise some hype). I don't know if I should put money on this (it could add some interest), we will decide later. Also if someone wants to donate, say it here. If this one works out without money, I might host another one with some cash involved.

I think that's all I had to say. If I forgot something vital just ask and I'll add it here.

I know this will "probably never happen" as stated by a lot of players, but that's really up to you guys to make it happen or not. So lots of signups please!

Get hyped!

Olikus

Smash Champion
I would like to enter this. Im not home for playing in a week so I post my contact information later.

great job squall.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
this sounds like a cool idea and i hope it actually happens, ill sign up for EC even tho i probably wont make the crew.

Name: Nova
Region/State/Country: Southeastern United States, Georgia
Time preference (Morning/Day/Night): available anytime

Olikus

Smash Champion
Wow this got moved quick. Seems like the PLEASE didnt help much. Try bribery next time squall =)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Name: Nintendude
Region/State/Country: New York
Time preference (Morning/Day/Night): Night
and Contact (AIM, MSN): AIM - Nintendude1189

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yes it indeed got moved quickly. It just so happens that a mod was online when I created the thread.

Thank you guys for signing up so quickly by the way.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Name: Star King
Region/State/Country: Virginia, USA
Time Preference: 8 AM - 10 PM EST

Best team will probably be me, A$, Nintendude... Frogles? (not sure if EC) ECartman? (doesn't exist anymore or something)

Anyways, I feel like Europe will win because it's an entire continent vs a fraction of the US, but OK

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
frogles is midwest and i heard that he was about to stop playing, ecartmen is also midwest. So maybe sheermadness could play since hes southeast.

dandan

Smash Lord
i would sign up, but being from where i am, i doubt anyone would want to play seriouslies with me, can't blame them either.

who else is ec? sensei and kuz should get involved :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll play if you need me (I'm MW but I get 4/5 frames with most of Europe) but I doubt you will.

Yeah, optimally, we'd nab A$, SK, Cart, and Nintendude, to start with. Frogles lives in St. Louis, so not sure about his frames...

EC gonna pwn dis *****. We got like a tiny fraction of the USA's power, and even in lameframes, that's enough to PWN OWN OWN BETTER BEST all of Europe.

Also A$ should be THE CAPTAIN. He's so responsible and growed-up...

The Star King

Smash Hero
Optimally, malva00, Boomfan, and JaimeHR would move to the EC, and Sensei would come out of hiding or whatever.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Best team will probably be me, A$, Nintendude... Frogles? (not sure if EC) ECartman? (doesn't exist anymore or something)

Anyways, I feel like Europe will win because it's an entire continent vs a fraction of the US, but OK
How about Sheer? And I would on the contrary say that the odds are against us, but I still think anything could happen. Don't forget that in Europe we're like 15 players in all -_-.

EC gonna pwn dis *****. We got like a tiny fraction of the USA's power, and even in lameframes, that's enough to PWN OWN OWN BETTER BEST all of Europe
That's the kind of reaction we were all expecting from you I guess. More hype, more hate and more trashtalking isn't so bad though.

EC: 4 signups, EU: 1 signup. Come guys, more please. Where are Mahie, maddy, and so on? -_- I thought there would be more hype from Europe. Too early to tell maybe.

The Star King

Smash Hero
How about Sheer? And I would on the contrary say that the odds are against us, but I still think anything could happen. Don't forget that in Europe we're like 15 players in all -_-.
15? That's kind of depressing.

I hope I get 4 frames with you guys.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah I'm in. Pete, Rom, Kuro and I are all on the East Coast and will have no trouble pwning you Europeans.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
What's the point, Europe? I've retired and so I won't be carrying you, and so has craig, so unless you can find another Brit then you're all pretty screwed.

Well, there's still jam but he can't beat the ENTIRE US on his own. yet.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You've been retired for too long, you have no idea what the scene is now. Yes a monster of techskill/spacing/mindgames arose from an Irish forest: the BEAR. I'm kidding, but seriously we have Bear, Mahie, Maddy and Fays (among others) who are really good.

And Jam said he could beat the entire EC crew alone, so that should be enough.

And ciaza: I'll add you 3 in the EC list of players, thanks for signing up.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I'm in of course, and if you don't have anyone else for team captain I can do it.

Quite frankly though, I think the EC crew is more likely to take it, but I might be mistaken. Europe won't go down without a fight though, that's for granted.

Battlecow : You're missing the point. It isn't about whether you get 4/5F with EC or not, but whether you get 4/5F with Europe or not.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah that's what I thought when I read his post =P. I maybe should specifiy in the OP? But having said that the delay should be lower than 5 frames I think it was obvious enough.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah that's what I thought when I read his post =P. I maybe should specifiy in the OP? But having said that the delay should be lower than 5 frames I think it was obvious enough.
Exactly. When we played our matches the delay was 1 frame in Desiree's server, duh.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I meant Europe lol. Typo.

But yeah I've played KF and I got 5 with him, and presumably some of the rest of you live closer or almost as close as him? Denmark's pretty far out there.

But if EC needs me, we're either doing 10-man crews or our chances are SERIOUSLY ****ed.

C'mon, A$, do it for your country.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You Europeans are dumb you're going to win

We're missing so much people

Believe in yourself

IDK about this Jam kid taking out the entire crew though >_>

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think we can get our five good players if A$ signs up. DO IT MAN

Sangoku

Smash Master
Battlecow, I couldn't get how you understood the thread, but in fact it was just a typo LOL.

If you've played King Funk recently he has a really good internet (when I say really good, it's more than 20 times better than mine at home). I think that matters almost more than the distance (at least with "small" distance difference).

Star King: you really think we're going to win this? Oo
I think the American a-tier is equivalent to our ss-tiers, so if all the members of your crew are a-tier it should be close.

And the Jam thing was a joke that I shouldn't even have brought there. And maybe we are dumb too, I can't tell.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Mahie, fays and bear should be able to give other north americans than boom and malva a run for the money. This might get close. Though EC has more top players.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Star King: you really think we're going to win this? Oo
I think the American a-tier is equivalent to our ss-tiers, so if all the members of your crew are a-tier it should be close.

And the Jam thing was a joke that I shouldn't even have brought there. And maybe we are dumb too, I can't tell.
IDK how good Europe is. I've only ever played you and dandan a few times. I just assumed they were good enough, since it's like, an entire continent. Lol

Sangoku

Smash Master
IDK how good Europe is. I've only ever played you and dandan a few times. I just assumed they were good enough, since it's like, an entire continent. Lol
I don't know how it went with dandan, but against me you pretty much destroyed me every game. Not that I am any kind of reference or anything. It might be an entire continent, but smash doesn't seem as popular as some other parts of the world. Also, "we don't know", that's the point of doing this.

how many man crew we looking at?
Since it's the first one and I want things to be easier, I think 5 will be the limit. If this one works well I will host other crew battles with different limit (8 or 10) and maybe with cash too I still don't know. It really depends how this one goes.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I always thought that the states of the USA are about the same as countries in Europe when it comes to smash and the player bases/etc.

So Europe being a continent or not doesn't really matter all that much because the USA have waaay more players.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'll play if you need me (I'm MW but I get 4/5 frames with most of Europe) but I doubt you will.

Yeah, optimally, we'd nab A$, SK, Cart, and Nintendude, to start with. Frogles lives in St. Louis, so not sure about his frames...

EC gonna pwn dis *****. We got like a tiny fraction of the USA's power, and even in lameframes, that's enough to PWN OWN OWN BETTER BEST all of Europe.

Also A$ should be THE CAPTAIN. He's so responsible and growed-up...
did frogles move? because im sure he said he lived in Michigan, also Ecartmen lives in South dakota

Top Bottom