• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe VS EC crew battle: 2nd trial!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol you guys gotta be kinding. Or have you been payed by sheermadness so that it indeed doesn't happen?

Seriously though, if Kuz, Nintendude and A$ are missing I don't know if we should go on or wait. You guys can't go in an internet coffee I guess? Let's see what the other Euros think.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think they're just scared. I've never been able to play smash at home, and it's never stopped me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sounds like we should get it done between the 22nd and 27th. Hopefully Kuz will get his computer fixed by then.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm fine with it, but I don't think it will be doable (one week is too short for all of you lazy players). Maybe you might want to throw A$ in the beginning of the cast. Anyway, tell me who's the captain and what is the 7-man team please. Then the Euros will tell me as soon as they get back from Beast II.
If possible, both captains should pm me who's the first guy to be sent so that it's double blind pick.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You're quick. Well it would matter if we knew each others' playstyle but I don't believe that's the case. I also think it matters by the way (otherwise I wouldn't ask for it), but I'm already foreseeing people telling me to stop the useless bs.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Some people know each other's playstyles/characters, especially against us ECers since we're talked about more on the forums.

Whoever would say that's useless BS is an idiot.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I agree with you Star King, but people have a tendency to always disagree with what I say. So I try to say both things at the same time so they can't disagree with everything. I'll remove that part though.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Come on guys, if you want this to happen (especially to start the 22nd), then choose your captain and post the name here >__>.

(Mods can merge this post with the other one, it's just to bump the thread)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Maybe people don't know what to do, so I'll tell you explicitely.

There are players who haven't voted for their captain, so I'd like them to do so. Either you post it here, or you send me a pm or tell me in msn (for those who have me). The missing players are:

- Mahie
- Fays
- Bear
- Craiigg
- King Funk

- Nintendude
- A$
- NTA
- Thekuzinator

If these players don't vote by the 22nd, only the current votes will be taken into account.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yes, most people voted for you, but I thought it would be fairer to have everyone vote. Or I can say Nintendude is captain of EC and Mahie is captain of Europe (both leading votes) and if too many people disagree, we'll do the complete vote.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ok, so it's pretty clear that Nintendude should captain his crew.

Nintendude can already start choosing the crew members btw. Okay so the captain of Europe is Mahie. Would the two captain please make the crew members and send me a PM with the first member you're going to send. Then I'll post the first match here and everything will follow.

edit: Okay, so I already have the full 7-man European crew, now I need the EC one. So Nintendude has to choose 7 players from the list:
1) Nova
2) Nintendude
3) Star King
4) Surri-Sama
5) A$
6) NTA
7) Battlecow
8) Thekuzinator
9) SheerMadness (I asked him to join and he said he would play if we needed him)

Once you're done, post the list here and I'll post the euro one, then send me a pm with the first player.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
EC roster is:

Nintendude
Surri
Star King
kuz
A$
Sheer
NTA / battlecow / Nova

Need help on picking the last player. Leaning towards Nova.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm definitely better than Nova. Beat him like a million times in tourney, ladder, etc., and that's with him playing kirby- by far my worst matchup.

I won't be mad or w/e if you pick him, I'm honestly not fussed, but you should know that it'd be a mistake.

Plus I won't embarass us quite as much with incredibly childish shenanigans.

Someone who's played me in the last year or so vouch for me lol

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
my unwillingness to feed bcow's ego is overpowered by my not wanting to be represented by a guy with serious anger issues

the above post is true in it's entirety.

The Star King

Smash Hero
my unwillingness to feed bcow's ego is overpowered by my not wanting to be represented by a guy with serious anger issues
If that was true, you would have just said NTA :awesome:

FWIW, I have a lot more trouble with Nova.

I think I remember NTA being pretty good but I'm not sure.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
meh i don't know NTA at all; i can only recommend bcow because i've watched a number of bcow-vs-nova over his shoulder and it tends to end in nova ragequitting and/or losing. note that i never actually said bcow>NTA, nor did bcow

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
idk man

that ciaza guy is prty good, we might have to go with him. it'd be a long drive, sure, but if he's up for it...

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
yh... hence the long drive

do you have any idea how long it takes to drive over an ocean?

DMoogle

A$
I really don't have a strong opinion. I do think NTA has a pretty good Luigi though, but honestly I haven't played enough of his other characters or that much with the other two to determine who's the best player.

I'm not entirely sure if I can participate in this. My internet connection at school isn't good enough to get an acceptable ping, but I might be able to play at my girlfriend's apartment on weekends. Or, maybe not. I haven't tested it there yet.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm leaning towards Nova because Kirby is really stupidly good in high delay matches, and he's at least at a comparable skill level of the other 2 guys from what I've gathered. I'll make the final decision when it's time to send in another player.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay so the European roster is the following (in alphabetical order):
-Bear
-Craiigg
-Fays
-Jam
-King Funk
-Maddy
-Mahie
With Mahie as the captain.

The East Coaster roster is the following (in alphabetical order):
-A$
-kuz
-Nintendude
-NTA / battlecow / Nova
-Sheer
-Star King
-Surri
With Nintendude as the captain.

The first match to be played is...

Surri vs Maddy

Arrange some time to play the match, don't forget to record it and post the result here once it's done (mention the delay too).

Also DMoogle, there's no hurry, if you can play during the weekend it's all good, otherwise can't you find some internet café just for that matter?

Just to clarify the rules:
-You're not allowed to change char between matches (assuming you defeat your opponent).
-You (obviously) start the new match with the number of stock you had left in the previous match.
-The percentage is 0 again.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm definitely better than Nova. Beat him like a million times in tourney, ladder, etc., and that's with him playing kirby- by far my worst matchup.

I won't be mad or w/e if you pick him, I'm honestly not fussed, but you should know that it'd be a mistake.

Plus I won't embarass us quite as much with incredibly childish shenanigans.

Someone who's played me in the last year or so vouch for me lol
ur not fussed? u sure do go out of ur way to bash me everytime u get the chance which is pretty pathetic and immature. i think nta should be the last player

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm leaning towards Nova because Kirby is really stupidly good in high delay matches, and he's at least at a comparable skill level of the other 2 guys from what I've gathered. I'll make the final decision when it's time to send in another player.
OK, that's cool.

Top Bottom