• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe VS EC crew battle: 2nd trial!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yo strangelove, I noticed that your fat *** hasn't signed up. I'm honestly not surprised; anyone who can pretend to like the UK must be physically incapable of playing smash. I mean, you could try to pick up a controller, but it'd just get lost in your enormous rolls of John Bull hand-fat. EC is gonna **** your region so hard that all of your players are gonna move to Amsterdam just to get cheap abortions. The only consolation that they'll be able to offer each other as they lay bloody-thighed in some operating room is that at least they weren't foolish enough to challenge the Midwest.

Wut.
EC vs MW after this crew battle? :troll:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yo sheer you don't want to be in? If not is EC still waiting for players?

If that's the case I'm still waiting a little, otherwise we can move on to the next step.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Hells yes

Frogles+Firo+Battlecow = **** x4
ROFL. Somebody does not belong in this picture - and not just because his alias doesn't begin with the same letter as the other two :troll:

Seriously, though, who else does MW have? rawrimamonster? lawl

Battlecow

Play to Win
Those three are enough. You guys ain't got a mothafugga can tangle with frogles.
OR BATTLECOW

I'm not even sure Firo counts, he just goes to school here. But we're taking him for sure.

I think liek Zhinshin is from chicago. Prolly some others that I don't know about.

Maybe I'll discover some NEW TALENT at the tourneys I'm going to in the next couple of months

hope not tho cuz then I'd prolly lose all ma money lulz

The Star King

Smash Hero
So, when will EC have a crew? Europe's is already set, we're just waiting for you guys.
...I thought we were supposed to wait for Sangoku to do this:

After the signups are complete, I will draw two lists of player. Each of them will then elect a captain for his region. The captain will then decide who will be kept and who won't. In other words, the captain will decide of the crew members, so be careful when electing your captain. Indeed you have to choose one who is competent enough to know the level of the players and who know who's good in which matchup, etc.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah but that really is for you guys, we all talk to each other on a daily basis so we don't really need that.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yo sheer you don't want to be in? If not is EC still waiting for players?

If that's the case I'm still waiting a little, otherwise we can move on to the next step.
I asked EC if you were still waiting for players, but I got no answer. I assume it means your crew is complete. I can't do any update now, I'm just quickly answering from an airport. I will write more when I get home (tomorrow).

Nintendude

Smash Hero
As someone who's actually played the Europeans in relatively low delay (I was in Europe last summer), I think that the Americans are really underrating their top players. Don't sleep on them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
As someone who's actually played the Europeans in relatively low delay (I was in Europe last summer), I think that the Americans are really underrating their top players. Don't sleep on them.
The Europeans said that people like ECartman are way better than you, which made me raise my eyebrows a little bit

I think you were playing bad randomly again. Like that one session where I was destroying you most of the time when I really shouldn't (don't know if you remember this)

This would also explain the discrepancy between your testament to their skill, and everyone else's

I'm just guessing, though

my smash computer broke so I'm out of commission for a bit.

many apologies
How long do you think you'll be out of commission?

Mahie

Smash Lord
So who said Ecartman was better, and who said we were sucking exactly? It's getting hard to follow. And a bit annoying, too.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, enough talk about X being or not better than Y. Let's play this and stop getting your ego upset by words.

So I've asked a few times if EC was still waiting for other players, but it looks like they aren't. We can then proceed to the next step, that is electing a captain.

As a reminder:

Updated rule

After the signups are complete, I will draw two lists of player. Each of them will then elect a captain for his region. The captain will then decide who will be kept and who won't. In other words, the captain will decide of the crew members, so be careful when electing your captain. Indeed you have to choose one who is competent enough to know the level of the players and who know who's good in which matchup, etc.
European players

1) Zensn
2) Mahie
3) Fays
4) Maddy
5) Bear
6) Jam
7) Craiigg
8) King Funk

Each of these players must vote for one captain. As I know Europeans have trouble posting stuff here, they can talk about it in the MSN chat and just say who got elected here. However, only those in that list can vote, be sure of that.

East Coast players

1) Nova
2) Nintendude
3) Star King
4) Surri-Sama
5) A$
6) NTA
7) Battlecow
8) Thekuzinator

Each of these players must vote for one captain. Everyone of that list post his vote here.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Woops sorry. Because of your typo I didn't take your signup into account (since you said you could get 4-5 with EC instead of EU). Also I thought you weren't from EC. Fixed now

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm not really from the East Coast, but neither, technically speaking, are Nova or Surri. I get the requisite delay; is that enough?

Also SK and A$ decide which one of you should be captain and I'll vote for him

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah, the delay is the main criteria for who can participate or not. That's why I added you.

I don't think we could move on to the next step before tomorrow and then I'll be away for a week =/. Hope this doesn't die out with a week of latency.

DMoogle

A$
The captain I would vote for would be the person who has the most playing experience with everyone participating (but primarily with the Europeans). I've played Mahie a solid amount, but nobody else (maybe craaiigg a couple of times).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
As an east coast resider, it sounds like nintendude has the most experience against europe, maybe he should be captain.

What is the player limit gonna be? Its about time to decide that right?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm not really from the East Coast, but neither, technically speaking, are Nova or Surri. I get the requisite delay; is that enough?

Also SK and A$ decide which one of you should be captain and I'll vote for him
by not being EC i suppose you mean im not from EC USA right?

I'd vote A$, the info regarding euros is over played.

And i knew it'd go higher then 4-5 people ahaha.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So who said Ecartman was better, and who said we were sucking exactly? It's getting hard to follow. And a bit annoying, too.
I don't remember, but some European said ECartman is a lot better, in malva's livestream chat. It was some pretty well known guy. I actually though it was you at first, but I guess not.

Nobody said you sucked? Don't know where you got that from.

@the captain thing Like I said, I've only played dandan and Sangoku. Don't make me captain kthx

I vote Nintendude I guess, since he has INFILTRATED THE HOSTILE TERRITORY in the past

I kind of want to wait for th3kuzinator, but he didn't say how long he's out of commission :/

EC won't win. From the looks of it, Europe has most of their top players in, and we don't. Unless Surri's assessment of their skill is accurate, which I kind of doubt

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've played everyone on both of those rosters except Zensn.

Europe probably wins on paper judging from the rosters. Sorry doods, good luck though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The Europeans said that people like ECartman are way better than you, which made me raise my eyebrows a little bit

I think you were playing bad randomly again. Like that one session where I was destroying you most of the time when I really shouldn't (don't know if you remember this)

This would also explain the discrepancy between your testament to their skill, and everyone else's
I definitely didn't bring my A-game to Europe. Laptop keyboard johns and Icelandic internet johns. I now have an adapter to use when I'm stuck using my laptop (which is most of the year).

I'm cool with being captain, but I'm kind of unfamiliar with NTA and Battlecow (though I can fix that by just playing you guys). I also only have experience against 5 players on the European roster.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
if you guys do want to wait a bit ill try to get my computer fixed asap.

i dont know the exact time frame but it will take a bit. I still have to send it in. if you don't wanna wait, which is understandable, feel free to leave me out. I'll be rootin' for ya

Battlecow

Play to Win
OK I'll follow SK's lead and vote Nintendude for captain.

Nintendude, I can play you at your convenience (PM me).

Yeah, not so confident about EC's chances anymore. Y'all have fewer good players than I thought.

Also, Europe, could one or two of you set up a P2P session with me so that I can make sure I have 4-5 frames with more than just Funk?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'll be away for a full week starting from today. If kuz can fix his computer in the meantime he can be in again. Sorry for letting this thing down for so long, I hope the hype will still be there.

During this time, you can already start making tests with p2p and stuff. Don't show your skills to the other party though (I guess everyone knew that already :p).

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
We could start right away tbh, the 7 players don't need to be chosen beforehand imo. If you look at Genesis 2 Melee crews, both East and West had 12 players but were only allowed to use 10 of them (hence why SilentSpectre and S2J ended up not participating in them). The crew battle won't be done in one day. Kuz's computer might get fixed later on and he'll be able to join in.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Has anyone heard from firo recently? I'm pretty sure he's from near NYC and is probably better than a couple players on the current EC list.

Battlecow

Play to Win
NYC during the summer. He goes to the U of I during the school year.

IDK how you'd contact him though he's pretty reclusive.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, I'm back. So have you guys been waiting or have you played the games already?

If not, I believe the captains have been chosen, so would you please post the names here?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I just moved and have no internet until Monday or Tuesday when the cable guy comes (I'm in a computer lab). I also have no clue if my internet will be good enough to play ssb online...

I guess I could always play in the computer lab though (5 minute walk from home).

Top Bottom