• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[EVENT OVER] Santa Barbara Gamefest! (Saturday, April 17th)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
wow huy. don't be lazy. only ask him for a ride if some emergency happens and you can't take the bus. or if you're bringing a setup. otherwise it's just laziness. If you live on campus, it's at most a five minute walk to the bus stop, take the bus directly to city college, then at most another five minutes to the venue.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Haha huy don't you live in the FT dorms? I'm telling you the 15x goes straight from the front of the ft dorms to the front of sbcc in like 20 minutes. You hardly even need to walk. But whatever works for you lol

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
In reality, the 15x would be faster than me. I live in Santa Ynez, so I would prefer to take the 154 to Santa Barbara. This means that I would drive from State street, to Goleta, back to SBCC. If you do indeed live near the 15x, take that one. It would be more convenient for both of us. On the other hand, if you do NEED a ride (set-up, broken leg, immense laziness), I can provide-.-

I'm going to need practice for the event. Maybe we can all collaborate on gamefest practice fest? Sometime in the weekends to come?

I bought a frikkin awesome 27" CRT Sony Trinitron TV in AWESOME conditions for $20 on craigslist. Whoo!!! It's coming to gamefest.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, can you please tell me if you are for sure going to compete in melee and/or brawl? Please also tell me if it is possible but not for sure that you will compete! I'll update the original post.

Can you guys tell all your buddies to post here? I'll do the same.

Does anyone have recording equipment or can link me to cheap equipment?-.-

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Haha the only asians ones lol. Yeah a lot of ppl went to the recent tournamnet and the one last year who don't go on smashboards

edit: The other gosu is throwing his tournament the same day so there goes a lot of the entrants..

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well, crew battles are cool, but gamefests are cooler. I hope they have lots and good players, though.

Huy, is it possible for you to notify all the people you know from the last tourny at UCSB?

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
The other gosu is throwing his tournament the same day so there goes a lot of the entrants..
I'm the 'other' gosu now? and no I doubt we would take that many or any entrants from yours. if last year was any indication all the people there were local and only like 3 people from SB/SLO combined went to a different tourney

Two Gosus, two tournaments. ;)
Yeah. we need more gosus in the world. Dante, change your name to DanteGosu :)

So is anyone from SB going to the tournament held my UnknownPresence? ;)
again I doubt it. The only one that would be able to make the trip would be josh and I doubt he'd make the journey out of laziness or having something else to do

Tell him to be more gosu and come to gamefest. Otherwise, his gosu points will plummet.
Well I would, except there are more reasons not to at this point and quite it's unfortunate for my gosu points. Had circumstances been different both me and Unknown would have loved to attend

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What will be the name of the building that the Gamefest will take place? I might go there on Saturday so I can get used to the bus riding and familiarize myself with the venue so I don't get lost on the day of the tournament. :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think I'll be attending this (for Brawl, Melee, and Street Fighter 4). Even though this might conflict with UCSB's weekly Smash Club meetings (which I'm a co-president for), but otherwise, chances are good I'll actually make this one.

I'll see if I can get TonyGuacamole and JohnZ to make it here, as well as other players if possible. =)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, you guys should do that, maybe get a bus-pool or car-pool goin.

Then anyone who wants to come from down there will have people to come/leave with.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
With my strong, super sexy arms? Why yes, I think that would be splendid.

I am going to try to get to gamefest at around 8:00am, so I'd want to pick up from your place at around 7:30am. If that's too early for you, what about the night before?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
COST?:
Entry is free.
Each tournament is $5.
Food is a reasonable price that is yet to be determined.
Donations are welcome!

FOR BRAWL AND MELEE:
· Bringing in a complete set-up (CRT TV, Gaming Console, smash disc, and memory card with all characters/stages/etc) will wave entry fee of $5.
· Bringing in partial set-up may reduce entry fee.
· Please post in this thread if you plan to bring set-ups!

I think the wording sounds confusing because venue fee is different from entry fee. When a person usually brings a set up, their venue fee is waived not their entry fee. Otherwise, if everyone brought set ups then there would be no prize pot. Well, I am pretty sure you already knew this, but I just wanted to point this out so no one else would get confused. :)

Top Bottom