• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[EVENT OVER] Santa Barbara Gamefest! (Saturday, April 17th)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Doubles depend on whether there is enough time and if there are enough teams. Melee will hopefully have them. I don't know about brawl.

Dantarion, can you answer for brawl?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Aw crap, something came up for me on the 17th. Apparently the rowing team is gonna be needing me that day.

That...is unfortunate for me...If I can get out of doing that...I mean I totally intend to go to this tournament.

What am I going to do? Diss the rowing team or miss a rare opportunity to go to a tournament? Help me guys! I mean...the guys on the team do kinda matter to me...but this also means something to me. For the sake of my personal enjoyment....tournament sounds appealing, but leaving over 9 people hanging...d*mn, what did I get into?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Aw crap, something came up for me on the 17th. Apparently the rowing team is gonna be needing me that day.

That...is unfortunate for me...If I can get out of doing that...I mean I totally intend to go to this tournament.

What am I going to do? Diss the rowing team or miss a rare opportunity to go to a tournament? Help me guys! I mean...the guys on the team do kinda matter to me...but this also means something to me. For the sake of my personal enjoyment....tournament sounds appealing, but leaving over 9 people hanging...d*mn, what did I get into?
In the actual rowing race, how many people are needed (per boat, I guess)? :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the situation. Will you really let your friends and teammates down if you don't go? There will be other tournaments, but there will also be other rowing competitions. Talk to your coach, talk to your team. I think after discussing with all of your teammates and assessing the situation, you'll be able to make the right decision. Just don't do anything that you might regret (like going to a video game tournament instead of competing in a very important rowing event).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Thanks for the input guys, I guess most importantly I need to at least talk it over with the team and see how much they need me. If I can't negotiate anything, then that means I won't be going to this tournament. Oh well. =/

2nd time in a row a tournament has happened on the same day a rowing event happened (DSF's tournament was the first time)...only last time I was lucky that they actually didn't need me lol.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hello smashers!

I've been tasked to inform everyone about a regional/national Super Smash Bros. Brawl tourney happening in Utah!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263780

It is happening the last weekend of May. For more information, look in the OP of the thread. Post in there if you have any questions regarding rides, fees, housing, or anything else regarding the tourney.

We hope to see you there!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
There is a chance I cannot make it to this tournament since it conflicts with this graduate school panel / tour event that I am looking at but then I am still unsure. Is everyone having trouble logging into Smash Boards like me? :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
It appears to be down quite often. I imagine the maintenance that the board providers underwent is still causing some issues. It should be resolved soon -- or might be resolved already.

Huy, it would be terrible if you didn't make it. I won't feel right winning all that tournament cash without some peach involved :) </trashtalk>

If you can't make it, you can't make it. Nonetheless, let us know how it turns out.

LuCKy

Smash Master
mannnn i was so pumped for this tourney >.> dosnt look like i can really go anymore but ill till try my best to make it

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'm not sure. you can tell them about it if you want. I would, but i'm kind of tired of telling them about everything that's going on and having them flake 90% of the time lol. It's not that hard for them to visit the boards every once in a while to check what's going on.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
yeah sure.
Yeah, so like we will eat breakfast at Carrillo at like 10:30 at then head to the bus stop at North Hall using our bikes. We will leave our bikes at the bike rack near the North Hall bus stop and then take the bus at like 11:15. Then we will get there at like 11:30 to register for the tournament. :) Gino, do you use MSN, Yahoo IM, or AIM? :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
You can get there earlier if you want. I will probably be just hanging out playing smash. I plan on getting there at 7:00am, so we'll have plenty of time getting it set up before you guys show up.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I told cape about this and he seemed fired up haha. Odds some of him and his crew are going to come.

And Matt how many setups will we have for sure? Is sbcc providing any?

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Huy,

They are right up the road of Cliff Drive. There is a small shopping center about 1 mile up Cliff Drive from SBCC with lots of foods. There is also a Taco Roco like place near the bottom of SBCC. Finally, we will have food there. Here is a map of food shopping center:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...d=104913817854586007132.0004842ced4311ed249f5

@Caleb:

We have 3 setups FerSher. Mine, Dante's, and 1 from SBCC. I can bring another console, game, memory card, but don't have another TV. That's why ya'll should bring em. Plus you get the $5 fee waived-.-

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
@Huy,

They are right up the road of Cliff Drive. There is a small shopping center about 1 mile up Cliff Drive from SBCC with lots of foods. There is also a Taco Roco like place near the bottom of SBCC. Finally, we will have food there. Here is a map of food shopping center:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...d=104913817854586007132.0004842ced4311ed249f5

@Caleb:

We have 3 setups FerSher. Mine, Dante's, and 1 from SBCC. I can bring another console, game, memory card, but don't have another TV. That's why ya'll should bring em. Plus you get the $5 fee waived-.-
Thanks, Matthew. :)

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
I'm going for sure. Do a lot of people normally go to this thing?

Well, I would love to be able to bring a full set up but I would need a ride in order to do so. Bringing a TV on the bus is probably not the best idea. Im not begging for a ride or anything but it is an option if we really need set ups.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'll attend, with a friend who plays Brawl/Street Fighter.

Top Bottom