• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[EVENT OVER] Santa Barbara Gamefest! (Saturday, April 17th)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
The issue is that we have no venue fee. We only charge for entering in tournaments and food. Also, we will make the pots big enough with extra cash if it is necessary. Shouldn't be a problem. We just need setups :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I think I might check out the venue on the Monday I get back from Spring Break so I don't get lost on the day of the tournament. Is anyone plan on checking the place out to familiarize themselves with the venue or am I the only person on this Smash Boards who is afraid of getting lost. :(

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well, you must understand: The place is pretty small. As long as you follow the map provided on page 1, you'll be fine. Also, I plan to have signs everywhere on the day of the event. They'll help.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
did all those people say they were coming?
Sorry, I meant add them to the maybe list not the "fer sher" list. LOL. :) Also do some controllers rumble more than others or does it depend on the TV it gets played on. At UCSB, my controller rumbles so much that it disrupts my concentration where the TV I play at home with the same controller I like the rumble being on. :confused:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
They are on the "Are the coming?" list. I put a ? next to people who might be coming.

Just turn rumble off. Should be fine. I think the music is part of the game. You guys don't play with the music on. Really weird for me :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
They are on the "Are the coming?" list. I put a ? next to people who might be coming.

Just turn rumble off. Should be fine. I think the music is part of the game. You guys don't play with the music on. Really weird for me :)
we do play with music normally, but at the tournament Carlos was playing his own music over the speakers, so I decided to turn the in-game music off, because why have multiple sets of music going when we can just listen to some awesome techno? :chuckle:

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
False. Melee music > All music.

Here is proof:

We all play melee a lot.
When we play melee, we have melee music on.
One can gauge the awesomeness of music based on how frequently people listen to it.
Therefore, Melee music is very awesome.

$heen

Smash Ace
False. Melee music > All music.

Here is proof:

We all play melee a lot.
When we play melee, we have melee music on.
One can gauge the awesomeness of music based on how frequently people listen to it.
Therefore, Melee music is very awesome.
GosuSheep's posts make DanteFox look like a saint.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
To clarify, I (David Chao) am definitely attending for the Melee and Brawl tournaments.

Don't count on me for a setup. There is a small chance however that I can get my friend Anthony (TonyGuacamole) to bring his TV, in which case I would bring my Wii as well.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
To clarify, I (David Chao) am definitely attending for the Melee and Brawl tournaments.

Don't count on me for a setup. There is a small chance however that I can get my friend Anthony (TonyGuacamole) to bring his TV, in which case I would bring my Wii as well.
We should definitely get Smash Club canceled to get people to come to this. :)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards uses a displaying markup language called CHTML (compact HTML) or something similar. When it detects that the client's device's web browser is on a smart phone or something similar, it displays the information differently. Going to smashboards.com on your ipod or iphone does not necessarily show the same data you see on your computer.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Smashboards uses a displaying markup language called CHTML (compact HTML) or something similar. When it detects that the client's device's web browser is on a smart phone or something similar, it displays the information differently. Going to smashboards.com on your ipod or iphone does not necessarily show the same data you see on your computer.
I learn something new everyday. :)

LuCKy

Smash Master
i'm still very interested in this just because i heard theres a cool beach or somethin over here lol

so ill try to make it just for melee singles and maybe brawl if i have enough time

and if i do make it ill bring a melee setup

*assuming im able to get my license before this time lol*

DanteFox

Smash Champion
i'm still very interested in this just because i heard theres a cool beach or somethin over here lol

so ill try to make it just for melee singles and maybe brawl if i have enough time

and if i do make it ill bring a melee setup

*assuming im able to get my license before this time lol*
yo lucky I'm a local so I can answer any question you might have about SB. so feel free to ask.

I.C.U.

Smash Rookie
Everyone's favorite IC checking in. I'll probably come to this but whether I enter the tourney or not depends heavily on whether wobbling is allowed.(yes I'm a cheap *******)

Actually I'll probably go anyway and play link or something but it would be nice to know.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Definitely Going
GosuSheep (Matt)
DanteFox (Dante)
metalreflectslime (Huy)
David Chao (A2ZOMG)
Oscular (Kevin)

Most likely going
Nathan
Bryant
Paul