• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

_kSo_

Smash Master
janna is broken as hell hahaha i love that ppl ban shen and xin zhao instead of her lolll

mogwai i was trying out that build that ur friend did for janna and it's working out great for me. You really weren't kidding about knocking a full creep wave down with one gale >_<

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I started playing a week ago. Does anyone want to play some Normal Games? I play Sion and Tryndamere.

L__

Smash Master
Tryndamere is amazing late game assuming he doesn't feed early game

Nasus is great late game assuming he farmed up his Siphoning Strike

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Trynd takes too long to farm up IMO. The best Trynd I've ever seen, who is a friend I duo queue with a ton, actually solos mid and is able to jungle partially at the same time. Its rare for him to NOT to get first blood. But Trynd in side lanes is just a slow grind of uselessness until he finally explodes.

And yeah, Garen/Amumu are driving me insane. I've begun to be able to simply outplay Amumu (without his ult he's not a threat) but I just can't stop Garen.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
An amumu who knows to hold their ult for the right time is just devastating though. I dunno man, in exclusive draft mode, Amumu is just so ****ing strong, though I suppose you do play Gragas and can probably bail people out of his ult by exploding their team away, right?

In all honesty, if banning were based purely on how powerful champions are, I think Shaco, Amumu, Garen and Ezreal would be banned every game.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i have trouble with garen early game too he has such good damage output at level 3 it's insane....and then he hides away and regains his health in like 20 seconds

it's funny you should bring up mummy and garen, though..I actually had to 1v2 them in a side lane my last game. they are so obnoxious

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't think they're a particularly annoying 2v1 though. If anything, Mumu should be jungling and Garen should be 1v2ing. Garen with level advantage is just O_O.

I mean, seriously, **** Garen. Judgment does 90/210/330/450/570 base damage total, with 210% of your AD at all levels. So if you're doing 1v2 sidelane, when you hit level 5, you can just hit someone who's still at level 3 for 500 with judgment with boots only. Tack on another 100 or so for decisive strike and another 175 for ingite and you'll just full combo kill most squishies from full health. And then at level 6 you get a single target nuke that does like 400-500 in most situations you'd use it. Uhg, so stupid. God and to think they said that the base damage on Heartseeker was too high.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I don't think they're a particularly annoying 2v1 though. If anything, Mumu should be jungling and Garen should be 1v2ing. Garen with level advantage is just O_O.
hmm. I guess I was just playing too aggressively. I got greedy for a few last hits on minions, and garen was just hiding out in the bushes zoning me really hard with decisive strike, and then amumu would approach too, but since im silenced i cant do anything and then i get bandaged by amumu and judgemented for aeons. So yeah, not worth it trying to get those last hits...

lol garen is such a beast. I think if they took away his silence that would make him sooooo much less annoying. if he didn't have that, he'd have really no skills that would psynergize with being a tank. But being able to decisive strike and march back up to the caster/support and silence for 2.5 seconds is just stupid. after doing so, he can just judgement around the entire team and if he is built as a tank (which he should) he can attract a lot of attention, which help our team initiate. But without the silence, he is just another damaging tank which is annoying enough without the disable...>_<

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
depends who you're playing as, but I just don't see that as the sort of lane that makes me wanna hang myself in the 1v2. It's not like gangplank + Sion/Taric/Pantheon or something where they just keep zoning you and pulling the lane with pirate's imba denies.

_kSo_

Smash Master
depends who you're playing as, but I just don't see that as the sort of lane that makes me wanna hang myself in the 1v2. It's not like gangplank + Sion/Taric/Pantheon or something where they just keep zoning you and pulling the lane with pirate's imba denies.

true, i have also seen worse than amumu garen, but that one was fresh on my mind so i guess it irked me a little more. Now that i look back on it, it probably wasn't so bad I just needed to be smarter :)

and yea the combos you mentioned seem a lot more annoying than the one i had to deal with haha

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOL

I just solo queued into AZEN. His summoner name is straight up Azen Zagenite. He played AD Kennen and tried to mid against my AP Gragas. I killed him 3 times before 12 minutes ^_~. Unfortunately my team proceeded to feed and suck HARD because someone figured Galio was a great choice, and I couldn't carry them against a Garen with 4 sunfire capes.

I think he rejected my friend request though :/

Leacero

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOL

I just solo queued into AZEN. His summoner name is straight up Azen Zagenite. He played AD Kennen and tried to mid against my AP Gragas. I killed him 3 times before 12 minutes ^_~. Unfortunately my team proceeded to feed and suck HARD because someone figured Galio was a great choice, and I couldn't carry them against a Garen with 4 sunfire capes.

AD Kennens still exist? Azen really DOES play everything.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
LOOOOOOOOOOL

lol, I think it was Pakman who was perusing the ladder one day and linked me to the page Azen was on and I was like, "what? what am I looking at?" and he was just like, "read all the names!" good times.

for the record, no one can carry vs. stacked Garen. I think stacking sunfires is reckless and will lose you games a lot of the time vs. decent AP teams, but garen with Sunfire, GA, and Force of Nature is basically an unkillable killing machine who completely shrugs off all poking damage. The past week or so has left me wondering what the hell took everyone so long to figure out that this character is completely effin' bonkers.

Dietyz

Smash Rookie
i tried to play this game since i have friends who do, but after playing hon it just felt like such a downgrade i couldn't get into it without hating myself

DUB

Smash Lord
lol at Azen LoLing. I was under the impression AD/AS Kennen was da bess. Another person Guinsoo's works perfectly on. AP kennen poops on people too though.

I have newfound joy in Kassadin. Especially in treeline. Riftwalk up, burst down and flee :) Though I don't really know what items to go for. The usual soulstealer if your ******, RoA rush if your not I suppose.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Kass is imba, but no one believes me when I tell them that. his passive is just so ****ing broken. as for builds, you have pretty much the right idea.

Doran's Ring
Catalyst
Boots
SS if you're ******
Sorc Shoes
RoA
Z-Ring/Guardian Angel
^ the other one
sell doran's ring and pump blue elixirs

also, I made a lighthouse LoL thread to get some discussion going on outside of regional zones :p

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283410

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I do think that Kassadin is one of the only viable caster carry type characters. Honestly, I've been playing a ton of AP Gragas and I carry the **** out of my teams (every single game) in early/mid game... but I can't carry us to victory because my lategame just isn't strong enough and AP items other than ZR suck balls. The lack of any way to counter HP/MR stacking makes most casters retardedly impossible to play late game (Deathfire is incredibly bad and void staff got a huge shaft from the pen nerf).

Kassadin, however, is actually able to carry late game when played/built correctly. My only concern is that his ability to carry teams seems a little overly reliant on Mejai's stacks, even though he's one of the easier champions to keep those stacks on.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well, right, Kassadin is far from easy mode, but good god is a proficient Kassadin player impossible to kill... Makes me really happy that one of my main duo queue partners is a Kass main.

I think in the tank-spam meta game that Kassadin is literally the only Caster I want on my team because he's the only one who has both the escape mechanisms and the sustained damage + CC output to not be a liability when end game hits.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Woot, just hit #100 on the Solo ladder. Fun times.

Wonder how long that'll last before my next losing streak >_>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
After losing 200 ELO due to a day of drinking and premaking with low ELO peoples, I wondered if I could break top 100 again with Gangplank instead of AP Gragas.

I did. 1736 baybeh

Bead

Smash Ace
Lord Bead:
Master Yi
Vladimir
Hiemdinger =D

been playing for about a week now. I loved dota but had nobody to play with. I'm pretty decent. I've been told I can carry 3's. I'll do 5's but dont quite know how to **** in them

Top Bottom