• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

D. Disciple

Smash Master
incase you guys missed my tag it's D Disciple. Been playing with Malzahar as of late, and been loving him every game I play. I feel he's not appreciated as much as he should.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
don't stress it, it's really a good idea to get some more games under your belt before playing ranked anyway. Ranked is really frustrating too...

I had a game last night where I hit level 16 with Sivir and our Gangplank and Cho'Gath were both still level 8 *shoots self*

_kSo_

Smash Master
don't stress it, it's really a good idea to get some more games under your belt before playing ranked anyway. Ranked is really frustrating too...

I had a game last night where I hit level 16 with Sivir and our Gangplank and Cho'Gath were both still level 8 *shoots self*
Solo ranked play is dead to me. As far as I'm concerned it means absolutely nothing.

People are ******** as hell.

When I'm the tank and I'm getting focused, my team doesn't know that they should go in and attack. Instead, they run away, let me die and then say "wow, what a ****ty tank"

It's getting to the point where I want to quit this game. It's way too team oriented for how many bad players there are.

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
i honestly have only seen 2 good tarics EVER. one was me ^_^ hehe, but seriously, I at least don't go DPS taric...oh god...

not trying to be cocky, but that's the truth.

I don't waste bans on taric because for some reason no one in my ELO knows how to play him. Im pretty sure i've seen more DPS tarics than support tarics. no one seems to want to go support...

most people are just kill-obsessed non-team-oriented dumb@sses who think they are rambo

mogwai i'll hit you up on skype next time i see you and we'll double queue ranked. i gotta get my ELO up too. im still negative from that last losing streak with random scrubs
every taric i've played with or against so far has gone DPS lol

_kSo_

Smash Master
I just need to get back to playing with top 500 guys. It is a really arduous road there though, especially without Pantheon to guide me through it =X
I'm so much closer to that point in my normal game ranking than my ranked game ranking. I may just play normal games, even if it means dealing with the occasional heimer and/or shaco

Also, today, i played 2 games. First one we had a close game, but the a leaver cause us to lose. Second game, cho afk'd and blitz fed. Then panth said that blitz sucked, blitz rage quitted (allegedly) and panth afk'd. it was 2v5 for 15 minutes before we could surrender.

Sooooo can i go back to the 1990s when video games were actually fun?

actually scratch that. Who wants to play melee? :laugh:

john!

Smash Hero
i started this game a few days ago. i'm just using the free champs for now, but i read about the other ones and my favorites are twitch and teemo. are either of these guys worth "buying"?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
about pantheon, how do i beat him as ezreal solo? panth almost always has his block up and my shots get blocked
keep shooting from far away. you just farm until 700 gold. then you buy a chain vest and laugh your *** off as he tickles you with all his skills for the rest of the game. Chain vest was a counter before he was nerfed, so now chainvest = ****ing worthless Pantheon.

_kSo_

Smash Master
i started this game a few days ago. i'm just using the free champs for now, but i read about the other ones and my favorites are twitch and teemo. are either of these guys worth "buying"?
well twitch is 6300, so it'll be a while before you will probably be able to afford him. IIRC, teemo is 3150, so he'll be easier to save up for.

Twitch is one of the harder champions to play, although when played well, he's very flashy and very good. people at lower levels think that he's OP but he isn't at all.

Teemo is fairly easy to use, but he isn't anything amazing as a character, really. I just find him really annoying with his mushrooms, blinding dart, and poison. >_< You should find him pretty useful until you reach higher levels of play.

DUB

Smash Lord
I just got Cho'Gath from some free key and definitely going to use him until I can get Kennen back. I'm lvl 12 now with and my W/L is like 30/26 or something slight like that.

Mogwai- what are the best kinds of Cho'Gaths you encounter when playing? AP/Tank Hybrids Full Tanks etc etc. I typically play 3v3 and rarely 5v5.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I just got Cho'Gath from some free key and definitely going to use him until I can get Kennen back. I'm lvl 12 now with and my W/L is like 30/26 or something slight like that.

Mogwai- what are the best kinds of Cho'Gaths you encounter when playing? AP/Tank Hybrids Full Tanks etc etc. I typically play 3v3 and rarely 5v5.
I don't really see chos tbh. I'm not a 3v3 player though, and I seem to remember some sorta hybridy AP + tank build being considered pretty solid on TT.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I don't really see chos tbh. I'm not a 3v3 player though, and I seem to remember some sorta hybridy AP + tank build being considered pretty solid on TT.
This is pretty true. Killing a Cho'Gath in SR is hard enough as it is, in TT it's just way too much work so having some AP in there would do some good. My team was able to beat one of the teams that are on top of the 3v3 ladder right now who had a good Cho'Gath. He went tank/AP, but it may have been a special case considering both his teammates went hard tank builds (Rammus/Morde).

I'm not exactly sure on his exact build order; I know he had a Mejai's and Void Staff later on, but I think he started with a Doran's and built a Banshee's first (vs Mundo/Morgana/Singed). One thing I did notice is that he had a elixir of brilliance on him a majority of the match, so that may be something you wanna try out. Sometime during the middle of the match we had to end up focusing Cho first in team fights since his damage output was killing us in comparison to the others.

DUB

Smash Lord
So the new guy is pretty cool. The blood pool ability is awesome when you can chase right through turrets without being hit. 6300, but I might buy him. Or Kennen because he's too much fun.

_kSo_

Smash Master
So i've been getting horrendous lag spikes the last couple of days....it's gotten to the point where I can't even play the game anymore....anyone else getting this?

Leacero

Smash Lord
My brother has found some success using a Q/W based Panth in normal games with ghost/revive. Of course it isn't really a serious build for ranked play, but it's been doin' work. His ELO is ~2082 in normal games , despite a majority of his matches premading with a bunch of our <30 friends and losing a good few. If anyone is curious as to their ELO in normal games, go to the logs folder in the LoL directory, choose the latest match log and search for "unranked". Find the ELO score that corresponds to your W/L record and viola!

I also think that Vlad could be a top contender for one of the best solo laners in the game. His Q + dorans shield gives him a decent amount of damage and incredible staying power; his level 5 Q has two second cooldown and deals a nifty amount for no cost. Later on in the game he's also able to farm gold so easily with E + Q, its caaaaraaazy.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
uhg, he's still... just bad though, you know? it's like taking a bad version of sion just for the ult, so as long as the other team doesn't let your ult amount to much of anything, you're playing a strictly obsolete character :urg:

I have been playing him a bunch as a jungler and tearing people a new one or two, but he's a pretty fragile jungler and I know when the competition gets tougher in ranked for me he's just going to feel really UP and I'll be wishing I were playing more Kayle and Annie and Amumu. the pantheon double buff gank at level 3 is savage as hell though :p.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So I was 1550 yesterday in solo ranked (ranked ~240) after a LOT of hard-earned wins. Then I played with a top 30 player who sucked ***, and subsequently had two ******** teams in a row. Now I'm back under 1500 in just 3 losses.

**** this game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
So I was 1550 yesterday in solo ranked (ranked ~240) after a LOT of hard-earned wins. Then I played with a top 30 player who sucked ***, and subsequently had two ******** teams in a row. Now I'm back under 1500 in just 3 losses.

**** this game.
just win 3 games then? I dunno, that's just sorta how elo works.

I had grandjudge on my team as Shaco a couple nights ago and he was pretty underwhelming despite his reputation. Was a really frustrating game because myself (Kayle) and our Twitch farmed really well throughout the early game while our bottom lane got worked and grandjudge gave a lackluster performance, so despite having 2 carries who're really strong when fed/farmed, we still got destroyed. oh well, so it goes.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I should mention that the higher you get in ELO, the less you get for winning and the more you drop for losing. 2 wins of ELO = 1 loss. I beat a player ranked 16th a few days ago when MM screwed him over with bad allies and he dropped nearly 100 points. I felt bad for him.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I should mention that the higher you get in ELO, the less you get for winning and the more you drop for losing. 2 wins of ELO = 1 loss. I beat a player ranked 16th a few days ago when MM screwed him over with bad allies and he dropped nearly 100 points. I felt bad for him.
*shrugs*, I haven't noticed this at all tbh. I'm at 1523 right now and wins and losses both seem to be worth around 15-20 points.

EDIT: and you mention that you lost 3 games and went from 1550 to below 1500, that sounds about right to me unless for some inexplicable reason you're only getting like, 10 points/win, which would only make any sense if you were duoing with someone way lower ELO and thus ending up paired vs. lackluster competition.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Well, its actually all dependant on the K value for that particular game. The k value changes ELO gain/loss and reflects a large variety of things like the ELO of players, your ELO in comparison to your team and the enemy team, if you're on a winning/losing streak, etc.

I find that my ELO gain can vary between 8 and 15 for most games I play (although there are the occasional ~20 gain outliers), which means dropping 50 points could take quite a while to make up.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well, its actually all dependant on the K value for that particular game. The k value changes ELO gain/loss and reflects a large variety of things like the ELO of players, your ELO in comparison to your team and the enemy team, if you're on a winning/losing streak, etc.

I find that my ELO gain can vary between 8 and 15 for most games I play (although there are the occasional ~20 gain outliers), which means dropping 50 points could take quite a while to make up.
K value? huh? I'm still not exactly clear on how Riot does it, do they have a good post explaining how Elo gains and losses are calculated?

The Elo system is a little weird and quirky, I played some straight solo while my duo partner was on vacation and ever since, he's seen larger gains than me on every win, which sorta bugs the hell out of me, lol. I dunno, just seems to me that Elo gain/loss should be 100% determined by your relative Elo vs. your opponents, but it seems like # of games and possibly some other crap gets worked in there too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I hear even how old your account is factors into the K factor. But I haven't seen any comprehensive post explaining that yet.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I got like 10 ELO for beating a team in the top 10, then lost 19 for losing to a team even higher than them. Life sucks. :'(

EDIT: BTW why was this topic ever moved to midwest regionals?

_kSo_

Smash Master
My brother has found some success using a Q/W based Panth in normal games with ghost/revive. Of course it isn't really a serious build for ranked play, but it's been doin' work. His ELO is ~2082 in normal games , despite a majority of his matches premading with a bunch of our <30 friends and losing a good few. If anyone is curious as to their ELO in normal games, go to the logs folder in the LoL directory, choose the latest match log and search for "unranked". Find the ELO score that corresponds to your W/L record and viola!

I also think that Vlad could be a top contender for one of the best solo laners in the game. His Q + dorans shield gives him a decent amount of damage and incredible staying power; his level 5 Q has two second cooldown and deals a nifty amount for no cost. Later on in the game he's also able to farm gold so easily with E + Q, its caaaaraaazy.
I tried finding this but didn't have any luck

would you mind going into a little more detail?

Leacero

Smash Lord
Whoops sorry, the logs folder is in the air folder. So it's: "...\League of Legends\air\logs"

That directory has a log of all the games you've played on that computer, for example my last log is named "LolClient.20100731.144049". Open this up in notepad and search for "unranked", on the same line it should show a win/loss record as the ELO score. Find the W/L that corresponds to your account (as I believe it'll show other peoples records as well) and that'll be the ELO score you have.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Whoops sorry, the logs folder is in the air folder. So it's: "...\League of Legends\air\logs"

That directory has a log of all the games you've played on that computer, for example my last log is named "LolClient.20100731.144049". Open this up in notepad and search for "unranked", on the same line it should show a win/loss record as the ELO score. Find the W/L that corresponds to your account (as I believe it'll show other peoples records as well) and that'll be the ELO score you have.
hmm im looking at it right now and there is no line with "unranked" in it.

meh whatever I don't need to know my unranked ELO anyway...

Top Bottom