• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
but I luv my berserker greaves :'(

on another note, Gragas always gets the most amazing skins
rofl, panda actually made a thread about how ****ing terrible hillbilly skin is :p

zerker greaves are underrated by people who like to read a lot about the game and assume that everyone should always have merc treads. they're pretty good on Trist, tbh.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Trist has a skill that gives her like 90% inc attack speed already, the boots are best spent on other benefits. I'd rather have swiftness if the other team isn't packed with AP/CC.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Trist has a skill that gives her like 90% inc attack speed already, the boots are best spent on other benefits. I'd rather have swiftness if the other team isn't packed with AP/CC.
my feeling is really that Trist needs to just pack cleanse and if the other team catches her with her pants down, she's ****ed anyway, merc treads or not, so she should be focused on outputting her damage as best she can. zerker greaves are still the best boots for increasing sustained damage output, with or without your huge built in AS boost.

Leacero

Smash Lord
my feeling is really that Trist needs to just pack cleanse and if the other team catches her with her pants down, she's ****ed anyway, merc treads or not, so she should be focused on outputting her damage as best she can. zerker greaves are still the best boots for increasing sustained damage output, with or without your huge built in AS boost.
I dunno, in my opinion merc greaves can be the difference between her getting rocket jump off in time or dying in midair, it's not uncommon for a tank/dps hybrid to plow through a group and aim straight for a carry. I usually run ignite + ghost and swiftness (if their team isn't cc/magic heavy) which I feel gives her a much better early game with kiting/chasing/harassing.

I do condone zerks for Trynd though. Poor guy needs all he can get. :(

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Playing ranked, I see a lot of Shen bans. I have a low ELO so I don't know if this is the same for higher elo games. Shen is really good, but I there are 5 or 6 other characters that should get the ban hammer before him. Kayle, Shaco, Heimer, Soraka, and Taric are much better bans.

IMO Amumu is a better tank anyway because of his role in a team fight.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Playing ranked, I see a lot of Shen bans. I have a low ELO so I don't know if this is the same for higher elo games. Shen is really good, but I there are 5 or 6 other characters that should get the ban hammer before him. Kayle, Shaco, Heimer, Soraka, and Taric are much better bans.

IMO Amumu is a better tank anyway because of his role in a team fight.
i feel that shen gets banned because he thwarts a lot of early-mid game gank attempts with his ulti, especially if you try to tower dive. He is really good at defending towers too, with his semi-AoE taunt.

but yes, mummy is amazing for teamfights. I play fiddles, so mummy on my team is like soooo juicy

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Thwarting a mid game gank every two minutes isn't worth a character ban IMO. When late game comes around he is a slightly above average tank.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Thwarting a mid game gank every two minutes isn't worth a character ban IMO. When late game comes around he is a slightly above average tank.
honestly, I think he is one of the better tanks, but yeah, he isn't worth a ban. I just feel that he gets banned because people in our elo think that OMG teleport shield is BROKEN

just what I think. when im captain i always pick soraka and heimer. shaco and kayle are my other choices kuz they are annoying as hell too

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Shen is a garbage tank ever since they made feint reasonable again. he's still an OK character, but it's because of his support moreso than his tanking, sorta like Taric, but you know, Taric's way better anyway. he's banned 100% for his ult, which, as you pointed out, can be played around by you know... not towerdiving and/or having the sense to notice the glowing purple shield.

And he's still banned quite a bit here in the 1500s. It blows my mind because talking about Tanks alone, I can rattle off at least 3 I'd rather have on my team (Amumu, Rammus, Garen, no question).

_kSo_

Smash Master
Shen is a garbage tank ever since they made feint reasonable again. he's still an OK character, but it's because of his support moreso than his tanking, sorta like Taric, but you know, Taric's way better anyway. he's banned 100% for his ult, which, as you pointed out, can be played around by you know... not towerdiving and/or having the sense to notice the glowing purple shield.

And he's still banned quite a bit here in the 1500s. It blows my mind because talking about Tanks alone, I can rattle off at least 3 I'd rather have on my team (Amumu, Rammus, Garen, no question).
so garen is actually a good tank at higher elo? that's good to hear kuz my friend mains garen and i wouldn't mind adding him in my 5 man arranged.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
so garen is actually a good tank at higher elo? that's good to hear kuz my friend mains garen and i wouldn't mind adding him in my 5 man arranged.
yea, he's a lot like the Nasus, but he's more of a threat to kill opponents during laning. he's really quite an incredible laner. And in teamfights, he's just an unkillable AoE damage bot who can seal the deal for you vs. crucial champs who are getting low. the general high elo impression of garen has improved a ton over the past few weeks.

At the lowest graphics settings the most I get is a faint shimmer on his hammer or something.

BUT ALL THAT CHANGES NEXT WEEK AWWW YEAH NEW COMPUTER.
wait, really? Shen's shield is hard to see on lowest graphic's settings? or did you think I switched over to talking about Taric?

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea, he's a lot like the Nasus, but he's more of a threat to kill opponents during laning. he's really quite an incredible laner. And in teamfights, he's just an unkillable AoE damage bot who can seal the deal for you vs. crucial champs who are getting low. the general high elo impression of garen has improved a ton over the past few weeks.
that's pretty awesome. I also bought nasus already. Any suggested awesome builds for nasus? I don't trust reading guides anymore...most of them say dps and im like... hmmm i dunno about that...

wait, really? Shen's shield is hard to see on lowest graphic's settings? or did you think I switched over to talking about Taric?
haha i was confused about his comment as well, but taric's ulti is indeed a bit hard to see if you're not the one doing it. with regards to that, if he thought you were talking about taric, there are WAAAY more reasons to ban taric other than his ulti. I thought you were talking about shen when you said he got banned solely for his ulti.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
that's pretty awesome. I also bought nasus already. Any suggested awesome builds for nasus? I don't trust reading guides anymore...most of them say dps and im like... hmmm i dunno about that...
I do:
cloth armor + 5 hp pots or ruby crystal
boots
HoG
Merc Treads
Banshee's Veil or Sunfire Cape (depending on opposing team comp)
Guardian Angel
Omen
Stack Sunfires

You'll see people saying you need sheen a lot, but they're wrong. Sheen -> Triforce will make you hit harder, obviously, but it's mostly a diversion of gold that gets you killed quicker at higher levels.

haha i was confused about his comment as well, but taric's ulti is indeed a bit hard to see if you're not the one doing it. with regards to that, if he thought you were talking about taric, there are WAAAY more reasons to ban taric other than his ulti. I thought you were talking about shen when you said he got banned solely for his ulti.
yea, I was talking about shen. Taric's a monster across the board, Shen's pretty much a 1-trick pony at this point.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I do:
cloth armor + 5 hp pots or ruby crystal
boots
HoG
Merc Treads
Banshee's Veil or Sunfire Cape (depending on opposing team comp)
Guardian Angel
Omen
Stack Sunfires

You'll see people saying you need sheen a lot, but they're wrong. Sheen -> Triforce will make you hit harder, obviously, but it's mostly a diversion of gold that gets you killed quicker at higher levels.
nice! yeah, I was thinkin that a build like that would work well, but wasn't sure of the order. Thanks, i'll give this a try and maybe tweak it based on the game.

yea, I was talking about shen. Taric's a monster across the board, Shen's pretty much a 1-trick pony at this point.
totally agree

Leacero

Smash Lord
Oh I thought you were talking about Taric, thus the hammer part. Lowest settings suck though, Kayle's E isn't as pronounced (looks just like her attacking with range) and Morgana's soil sometimes bugs out into a small translucent purple circle.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Oh I thought you were talking about Taric, thus the hammer part. Lowest settings suck though, Kayle's E isn't as pronounced (looks just like her attacking with range) and Morgana's soil sometimes bugs out into a small translucent purple circle.
vlad's sanguine pool also looks like diluted tomato juice

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
haha, I see the morgana thing every once in awhile and I play on moderately good settings :p.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm only level 20, but trist is my best character and berserker's are essential for her. she can get away from ganks with good use of w and r and a bit of foresight (and cleanse), but she's gotta outrun them once she's out of the fray. and if you do glass cannon builds like me then you're definitely gonna want the extra attack speed lol.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Tac keeps talking about this. Is there someone tiny I can play? I tend to play the itty bitty characters.

L__

Smash Master
So I just noticed this thread...

I've been playing for a few months, I'm level 30. :l

Leacero

Smash Lord
It was brought to my attention that Teemo the Swift Scout's native movement speed is tied for lowest at 300. SURE THING RIOT.

And Pakman, you forgot about Amumu. :'( :'(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
don't take my mumu! he's mine, I say!

isn't anivia's base movespeed 290? like, you know, the ****ing bird that flies, lol. hmm, it looks like they bumped it up to 300, but I still find it funny that a flying character is one of the slowest :p.

and for teemo, he at least as an ability that lets him haul *** :p.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I also play the sad mummy.

"Come play with me"

I bet you Nasus was Amumu's puppy at one point.

I decided I need to play Janna cause she is awesome.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I lost 100 ELO (from 1580 to 1480) in 2 days on a losing streak of nothing but *******. I finally broke the losing streak and am back to 1500, but its about time I cut back on this game anyways what with med school starting again and all, so it'll probably take weeks to get back up.

I don't know why, but every time I play with people I am amazed again by how dumb some players are. And I'm talking about the most basic of basic things. Don't focus the tank, ward baron (when I tell them to over and over), stop wondering off by yourself, etc.

Children can follow directions better than these people can.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
^ yep, it's pretty infuriating.

I thought getting to 1500 in ranked would be like hitting the 2000s in normal queue, where you finally start getting teammates with some basic game sense, but geez, it's like every game is pulling teeth to get the ****ers to actually play semi-intelligently. Last night I ran into HotshotGG and LilBallz in solo queue, and I felt bad for them with how bad their Vlad and Kayle were.

Top Bottom