• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
hey, it looks like there's some actual activity going on here again. i suppose i may as well submit what i've been working on.

Waddle Doo Beta 0.1: Download
Waddle Dee Beta 0.1: Download

Waddle Doo's download includes a bunch of different costumes and CSP's to match. he goes over Pikachu.
Waddle Dee only has the essential stuff, costume .pcs file, a MotionEtc, and a PSA.

both will be put on hold for a while though, because the main reason for me posting right now is to re-claim the project i started but had to drop 8 months ago,

the Animal Crosser (it's about the best name i could think of, since they have no definite names). he's the reason i signed up here, and the reason i studied so much into the Brawl bone structuring. his bone structure basically goes from TopN to HipN to his legs, which is why it's taken 8 months to figure out how to make him work. it's a really good thing they decided to take these models from a different game, because all the Smashville characters share almost the same bone structure, meaning the human characters have a lot of bones that aren't connected to the model, so i could move them to where i want. right now, i'm using tail bones for the XRotN, YRotN, and HipN, and a mouth bone for the TransN.

so expect more soon. and i'll leave a pic of the alternate costumes.

i have the spikey haired one as well, he's just not shown. and yes, i know most of them are t-posed, i finally got this working just a few days ago. and for some reason, a few of the animals in the back are missing their heads,and i don't know why. and i'll answer this now, i won't be able to get Tom Nook playable because of certain bones i had to hex into different positions. my original intention was to be able to use about any character from Smashville on this moveset, but now, only the humans.

oh, and Starwaffle, could you link this guide to the OP as well?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276883 or
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9248.0

it's the same guide, i posted it here and on KC, but the one here was very quickly buried. i think it's on page 10 now. anyways, it's basically everything you need to model swapping to get a model up to the point of animating and PSA. it has 4 important points to it. 1: how to swap the model. it's simple, but Thunderspam's guide was a little confusing at first, and it was a lot to read, so i shortened it to one paragraph. 2: glitch fixing. it has all my notes on which bones are important, what bones cause which glitches, and how to fix them. 3: bone hexing. it's not an overly important thing, but it does help when a model will only show up with a smash ball. 4: important bone lists. kind of like the one already in the OP, but it has a total bone count, TransN index list, HaveN index list, and a few others.
Snoopy no homo but I love you so much right nao. THIS IS AWSOME THAT YOU ACTUALLY GOT HIM PLAYABLE OMG YOU HAVE TO SEND ME HIS FILES PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!. WHO IS IT OVER? N

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oh, i forgot that part. he's (unfortunately also) over Pikachu. i tried him over a few other TransN 2 characters, but they ended up stretching weird, usually leaving the upper half of his body always in the center of the stage. another little oddity is that his head isn't actually connected to the body, and during certain actions, his head moves slightly behind the rest of the body. but considering that's an easy animation fix, i'd say i got off lucky, well, after 8 months of searching on how to fix him. and a download will be up soon, i just want to get some animations done first.

oh, and a quesstion, i have the tools from AC:CF, but where would i put them so i can use them for attacking?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
oh, i forgot that part. he's (unfortunately also) over Pikachu. i tried him over a few other TransN 2 characters, but they ended up stretching weird, usually leaving the upper half of his body always in the center of the stage. another little oddity is that his head isn't actually connected to the body, and during certain actions, his head moves slightly behind the rest of the body. but considering that's an easy animation fix, i'd say i got off lucky, well, after 8 months of searching on how to fix him. and a download will be up soon, i just want to get some animations done first.

oh, and a quesstion, i have the tools from AC:CF, but where would i put them so i can use them for attacking?
Now that is a question I would like to know myself. Also do you realise.. (i think) that people now have the opportunity to make themselves in a game. depending on how far they wanna vertex. Awww man this is gunna be so awsome

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's the main reason i'm including all 5 humans from Smashville, because Animal Crossing is all about customization. i've already textured the first one to be my guy from AC, minus the hat, over the bug-eyed one originally in Smashville, i hate the way those eyes look. i have seen a lot of 'self' characters around, and my first thought is 'yeah, i'm sure you're a Pikachu in real life', and that's why i held out on doing one until i could get the Animal Crosser working. so i consider the guy in orange to be a 'self portrite' of me. yeah, my eyes aren't actually black, but i wanted to stay true to AC.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
that's the main reason i'm including all 5 humans from Smashville, because Animal Crossing is all about customization. i've already textured the first one to be my guy from AC, minus the hat, over the bug-eyed one originally in Smashville, i hate the way those eyes look. i have seen a lot of 'self' characters around, and my first thought is 'yeah, i'm sure you're a Pikachu in real life', and that's why i held out on doing one until i could get the Animal Crosser working. so i consider the guy in orange to be a 'self portrite' of me. yeah, my eyes aren't actually black, but i wanted to stay true to AC.
I cant wait. Think maybe you could do a texture of me? xD nah for real though I cant wait for this. You will make history.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Some of the mantle parts are incredibly stubborn. There are parts that simply do not move.

Edit: After 2 hours of testing with many situations, I managed to get the Cracker Launcher over the mantle slot and somehow managed to get the texture to stop acting ********.

So far, no freezing.

Resizing the cracker launcher is pretty simple.

Time will tell if this stays bug free.
Aha! Cracker Launcher is perfect for an Armgun! When it's textured, resized and slightly remodeled, it will be a genius piece of work. Can't wait until next release. :p

Speaking of release, when will that be according to progress?

The Animal Crosser (it's about the best name i could think of)
How about Animal Crossing boy/girl?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Aha! Cracker Launcher is perfect for an Armgun! When it's textured, resized and slightly remodeled, it will be a genius piece of work. Can't wait until next release. :p

Speaking of release, when will that be according to progress?

How about Animal Crossing boy/girl?
Naw Animal Crossing Boy/Girl Is way 2 long. I say Animal Crosser is a fine name for the character

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
eh, i thought about Animal Crossing Boy/Girl, but i don't think it sounds like an actual name. the Animal Crosser sounds a bit more like a name, in my opinion, and then i can just abbreviate it to ACer. it's almost like the Ice Climbers, their names are Popo and Nana, but they're called Ice Climbers, which is what they do. i guess that's why i've stuck with Animal Crosser, the characters can have any name, but they cross animals. ... like i said, it's just what sounded pretty good to me.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
eh, i thought about Animal Crossing Boy/Girl, but i don't think it sounds like an actual name. the Animal Crosser sounds a bit more like a name, in my opinion, and then i can just abbreviate it to ACer. it's almost like the Ice Climbers, their names are Popo and Nana, but they're called Ice Climbers, which is what they do. i guess that's why i've stuck with Animal Crosser, the characters can have any name, but they cross animals. ... like i said, it's just what sounded pretty good to me.
And cuz the characters can pretty much be whatever ya kno. If say I made my own texture for that I could simply just make a diffrent name for it then Animal Crosser ya kno what im saying. You could always put the name as something diffrent if you dont like it. not to be mean to anyone

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that lol. My friend actually suggested "Animal Crosser" in Brawl, with his B attack as an Axe. Lol. He refered to the character as, "Animal Crossing Boy."

That's where I got it from ;)
I was just suggesting an idea because you said, "It's about the best name I could think of."

But yeah, after I thought about it, "Animal Crosser" sounds more catchy.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I dunno about that lol. My friend actually suggested "Animal Crosser" in Brawl, with his B attack as an Axe. Lol. He refered to the character as, "Animal Crossing Boy."

That's where I got it from ;)
I was just suggesting an idea because you said, "It's about the best name I could think of."

But yeah, after I thought about it, "Animal Crosser" sounds more catchy.
What would be the best program to make CSS icons at the moment. I have the necessary pictures to make the css icon but no Idea how to copy a backround into a picture

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
No freezing, and that's a miracle considering I replaced MK's effect pac with Gray Fox's.

What?? No Sword Glowing, No eye glow, just electric sparkles on all 15 slots??? >_>

.....This pac isn't giving me anything I wanted so I'm using someone elses effect pac.

Hmm.. Using Fox's Pac gives me all his effects, but I can't find the parameters that go with them.

I'll look harder.

Nope. Still nothing.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
No freezing, and that's a miracle considering I replaced MK's effect pac with Gray Fox's.

What?? No Sword Glowing, No eye glow, just electric sparkles on all 15 slots??? >_>

.....This pac isn't giving me anything I wanted so I'm using someone elses effect pac.

Hmm.. Using Fox's Pac gives me all his effects, but I can't find the parameters that go with them.

I'll look harder.

Nope. Still nothing.
Wow, what a disapointment...
Remember you said somthing about decoding the parameters?

To bad you can't just export the lasers from FitFoxMotion.pac to FitMetaKnightMotion.pac...

Fen__

Smash Ace
I updated Gray Fox.
The link is right here, but how do you guys make images appear for the links???
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=10027
Oh well.
How to make an image appear:
Code:
[ img]http://url.of.image.here[/img]
How to make a hyperlink:
Code:
[ url=http://url.goes.here]Material that gets hyperlinked[/url]
So, with that, you can just combine them in this way to get an image that links somewhere else:
Code:
[ url=http://url.goes.here][ img]http://url.of.image.here[/img][/url]
Obviously, the space in the opening tags shouldn't be there, but the BB code was still being used even when in the code tag...which it's not supposed to. Oh well.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Here's the specials code!

As far as I know, the problems are with my own specials, not this code, so it should work out fine.

Put this in every subaction that you want to be able to be canceled into a special:

This is the specials code:

Put this in the Down-B:

And this in the side-B:

kudos to my sloppy arrow-drawing abilities.

@ brawlshifter: Plz put this in the OP.
I have put in the codes, but I'm still confused.

Do you have to put the blue highlighted codes in tab "Specials > Action"?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
just wanted to say that hoppip is tempolary paused until I dont get confused by the B attacks :/

but I have started to work on Dusknoir!

I will post soon much info about Dusknoir, moves, stages and ect.
any Dusknoir is over Yoshi (bye bye yoshi :urk: )

and this time, I will start to do B attack before anything else!
vB is almost done (only animation left and a bit fixes)

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Will you ever do Deoxys or Darkrai as playable characters?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I fixed Gray Fox's shield. It's now usable!!
This comes at a price of having to rebiuld the .pac though.
You MUST use a fresh, unedited character.pac
I used Dantarion's Tabuu program to fix it.
Here's how I did it.

1. Open Tabuu and open your base character.pac.

2. Right Click the the name of the character.pac/MiscData[0]

3. Load the original character model

4. Open your edited model in Brawlbox and go to the ThrowN bone of the edited model

5. Go to the directory :Sections/Data/Misc/Boneref like in this screen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
6. Select Throw N and change the number of the index to your edited model
THE NUMBER IS IN DECIMAL, NOT HEX.

7. Right Click the reference you edited and select open hex view

8. Change the Integer value in the box labeled "as int." to your new ThrowN value.

9. close the hex view.

10. Right click the file name/Miscdata[0] then click save

11. This will give off a warning. Save anyway. It will encounter a problem and need to close afterward, but the change will be saved.

12. You are done. Just make a backup of this file with the modded ThrowN for later and rebuild your character.

Edit: This also seems to correct the location of the opponent when you get footstooled so no more polygon stretching. Cool.

Top Bottom