• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
A new character I'm making, over Ganondorf. This hack is still quite young, and won't see release for a while.

------

*dramatic music plays*

I come bearing distressing news:

Tabuu, leader of Subspace, is preparing to invade your game disc. And put his great power in your hands!

What's this, you ask? You say that image comes from the Subspace Emissary and that I'm BS'ing you?

Wha?? But Sakurai said he couldn't leave Subspace! :O

Well, in the future, he'll be able to. But at a crippling price: his power has been dramatically diminished, and he can no longer use his Off Waves at will.

Umm, I don't know if this has been asked already or where to ask it, but does anyone here know how to fix the import glitch where the character is invisible unless you break a Smash Ball? Tabuu is invisible at all times except when he breaks it. Those snapshots were taken after taking a Smash Ball. And his standing animation is weird, even if I copied it straight from Tabuu himself:

Anyone knows the solution to these problems?

Aside from that, he is completely crash-proof, but has the TransN glitch.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hm, interesting. did you just shrink all the extra polygons to nothing or hex them out? anyways, i can fix a few of the glitches. the reason he only shows when he has a smash ball is because his BodyM bone is over Ganondorf's EyeYellowM bone, which only shows when a character has a smash ball. it's fixable by hexing his BodyM bone to a different index, or changing the EyeYellowM visibility in Tabuu (the program). the TransN glitch is because Tabuu's TransN is 2, and Ganondorf's is 3. they need to match, and is another easy fix in Tabuu.

so either you can send me the files and i'll do it for you, or you can check my guide (link in my signature) and ask questions if you want to do it yourself.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
A new character I'm making, over Ganondorf. This hack is still quite young, and won't see release for a while...

*Tabuu Related stuff*.
Well, whatever Tabuu's main "body"" bone is (I'm unsure what it is for Tabuu. Maybe "body." :embarrass:) it has the same index as Ganondorf's EyeYellow bone.

You need to hex it to change the bone index to something else.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
hm, interesting. did you just shrink all the extra polygons to nothing or hex them out? anyways, i can fix a few of the glitches. the reason he only shows when he has a smash ball is because his BodyM bone is over Ganondorf's EyeYellowM bone, which only shows when a character has a smash ball. it's fixable by hexing his BodyM bone to a different index, or changing the EyeYellowM visibility in Tabuu (the program). the TransN glitch is because Tabuu's TransN is 2, and Ganondorf's is 3. they need to match, and is another easy fix in Tabuu.

so either you can send me the files and i'll do it for you, or you can check my guide (link in my signature) and ask questions if you want to do it yourself.
Yes, I took out the polygons by shrinking them out. I want to be able to use them with custom animations which I will later use for a PSA.

And yes, I'd like having them fixed. :] Where do I send them?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
By the way, Snoopy, you said you fixed Mew's hitboxes, yeah? Because they seem worse, by which I mean that Mew can be hit from anywhere on the stage. :c

Can you check that out for me one more time?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Sure it is. I don't see why not. It wouldn't be exactly the same as it is in SSE though.

If I can get it to emulate it somewhat, it's good enough for me.

EDIT:

Well, Snoopy fixed the model and TransN glitch. However when I play as Tabuu, the game starts to act weird. It becomes sluggish, Pokemon Stadium 2 has the Stage Select menu on its monitor, the model blinks on and off and the HUD disappears. BrawlBox also crashes when I try to open the files. Anyone know what causes these problems?

Aaaand I got a crash in-game too. :c

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Edit: Hm, post 600. Well ain't that something.

Happy Itemfixing :3
There may be hope for Roader after all.

... Again. >_> <_<

Well, Snoopy fixed the model and TransN glitch. However when I play as Tabuu, the game starts to act weird. It becomes sluggish, Pokemon Stadium 2 has the Stage Select menu on its monitor, the model blinks on and off and the HUD disappears. BrawlBox also crashes when I try to open the files. Anyone know what causes these problems?

Aaaand I got a crash in-game too. :c
Those tend to be flukes, and can be fixed by redoing whatever you did to make it like that.

But, if it wasn't a fluke, then you're an object wrapped helically around an inclined plane.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Anyone interested in joining the Tabuu project? ^^

I would like recolors and a PSA to match his animations. :]

I also replaced his Side B with the bullet rain and the game freezes. I wish I knew why. :p

Anyone interested please either PM me or contact me on Skype, AIM or MSN.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Anyone interested in joining the Tabuu project? ^^

I would like recolors and a PSA to match his animations. :]

I also replaced his Side B with the bullet rain and the game freezes. I wish I knew why. :p

Anyone interested please either PM me or contact me on Skype, AIM or MSN.
I'd join. But could this weirdness be because of bones for example?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If you want to get Tabuu's GFX, it must be inserted in a certain manner.
Let me take a look at the files...

Uh-oh.

While it is possible to replace the ef_ganon.pac with ef_taboo.pac, the size is big and you risk exceeding Ganon's file size limit.

I'll see if I can insert it without the game freezing.

Sweet lord, inserting it jacks up the size from about 230kb to 624kb.

:c

I don't trust it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
IDK if it's because of file size, because it only freezes when I try to use the new Side B. Otherwise, no crashing.

And thanks, Terminator. :]

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Ah, good to see the work on Tabuu. This will easily be the most popular hack on KC:MM.

Also, on my MGS:TTS Snake, could somone vertex his headband shorter? It's a little to long if you ask me. It needs to go down to his shoulder. I'd preciate it if somone did that. To download my Snake, go here
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618

After that, post the model and texture here, DO NOT use Snake's default model, instead, use the one in the pack. The model in the pack is different. Just make the shorter headband out of the model in the pack ok?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Most popular? Maybe not. He's my first hack. XD

Status update: I have completed his Guard animations and am now starting his Walk anims. :]

I will eventually make a post with all the animations I did and what they are. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Think we can have a demonstration? :bee: I'm eager to see your progress.

Sure thing!

But first I'd like to work on more animations and figure out that bizarre Side B crash (which is quite puzzling and very annoying). I might release an Alpha sometime, though. :)

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Don't release it quite yet on KC:MM until you get run fixed along with moves.

But post it here, if you want as a beta instead of posting it to public.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not the correct thread for requests.

I missed the vertex bandwagon since my Internet was down for half a year.
We don't quite get along as everyone else seems to do.

Anyway, since Tabuu model handles the coloring, recolors will mostly have to be done in the model itself.
Since there are so many sections in Colors, I'm willing to do some recolors, but it WILL take me all day to do so.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Not the correct thread for requests.

I missed the vertex bandwagon since my Internet was down for half a year.
We don't quite get along as everyone else seems to do.

Anyway, since Tabuu model handles the coloring, recolors will mostly have to be done in the model itself.
Since there are so many sections in Colors, I'm willing to do some recolors, but it WILL take me all day to do so.
Cool, I'd like that. ^^

But now I ran into a new problem. His Walk animations freeze without the BEEP. :p

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What do you mean, he just stops moving and can never move again, kinda like T stances?
No, as in the actual game freezes and stops responding but the music keeps playing. I call it "The Silent Crash".

Tabuu doesn't seem to react well to custom animations. XD

The guard ones work almost perfectly, thank goodness.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
No, as in the actual game freezes and stops responding but the music keeps playing. I call it "The Silent Crash".

Tabuu doesn't seem to react well to custom animations. XD

The guard ones work almost perfectly, thank goodness.
Yeah, I get what you mean now. I remember getting that in Melee when doing the Master Hand Glitch.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, I get what you mean now. I remember getting that in Melee when doing the Master Hand Glitch.
I'm going to release an alpha here for you guys to test. Any help will be appreciated.

That is, if I get enough votes for it. ;)

For: SmashClash

Against: No one.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Release it here for testing, but NOT on KC:MM. Too many people will download it and hate it because of the glitches. Fix all the glitches first, then release it on KC:MM. Otherwise, release it on this thread for testing :D

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Release it here for testing, but NOT on KC:MM. Too many people will download it and hate it because of the glitches. Fix all the glitches first, then release it on KC:MM. Otherwise, release it on this thread for testing :D
People on KC-MM are stingy they want everything to be perfect.. this guy reported me for the glitches even though I put on the thing GLITCH LIST!!!..

Top Bottom