• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Ok, seriously, does anyone know how to use Fortwaffle's bone hierarchy changer thang?
The EyeYellow glitch is the only thing holding me back right now, and it's such an easy fix...

~~~EDIT~~~
Whoops, scratch that, I'm just being a dunce and forgetting to rename the model.... "model." :glare:

Progress shall be made.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Don't mess with the bone Hiearchy.

Just look at Snoopy's guide.
Yeah, I'm looking at that, the bone hierarchy thing refuses to change the index.

I'm also trying a few different things, like putting him over Wario instead. But he's still invisible. :laugh:

I can probably do this in hex, the offset is like 120C (?), I just hate looking at hex...

I'm disappointed in myself, it's such a simple fix...

AND I'm getting the movement glitch over Ganon.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
The problems that need to be fixed are:
-Body disappearing because of EyeYellowM
-TransN
-Shield (he gets a HUGE left arm that shrinks with the shield

All the rest is fine now, except for the Side B and weird Walk glitch.

Think you can help out with Tabuu too?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The problems that need to be fixed are:
-Body disappearing because of EyeYellowM
-TransN
-Shield (he gets a HUGE left arm that shrinks with the shield

All the rest is fine now, except for the Side B and weird Walk glitch.

Think you can help out with Tabuu too?
I could probably help out with... animations, I guess, if you want. Goroh's at a slight stand-still right now.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Hrm, I'm not any good at all. But hey, Snoopy's guide is rather in-depth and a good starting point. That's what I'm using.
Perhaps I should have put more emphasis on the work/link "GUIDE." I'm just trying to teach myself, that's all, and I am using this guide.

And @TCRhade Yeah I downloaded the files, haven't tested 'em though. :laugh:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
You can? Can I PM you the files?

I'd appreciate it greatly. ^^

Sooooo... how many of you have tried Tabuu? Tell me about your experience with the Subspace King himself. ^^
Sure, go ahead.
And not to be too self-praising, but I've been around the Tabuu quite a few times. :)

Bone fixing really isn't too hard when you get used to it.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Sure, go ahead.
And not to be too self-praising, but I've been around the Tabuu quite a few times. :)

Bone fixing really isn't too hard when you get used to it.
*sigh* I hate to give up so easily, but now I have a headache, so I'll just ask anyway: would you be willing to help me fix the EyeYellow thing? I'd rather it just be done and over with. :ohwell:

I hate to bother.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so. I haven't tested your Tabuu yet, but don't you think you need to add new bones using Fortwaffle's Dummy Bone adder? Tabuu MAY have less bones than Ganon defaultly, and that could be an issue.

Have you ever came to the conclusion adding Tabuu over Ganon may be too hard? Why not him go over Olimar, or a character people are willing to give up?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No, Tabuu has over 600 bones.

And because I don't want to deal with the Pikmin. And Gdorf is a character I rarely use anyway.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
He is. He was way better in the M. In Brawl he's too slow to do anything. :p

Ooh, color me interested, Yoshi. :]

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK.

I got Tabuu 4 extra colors, one more needs to be done and I Fixed the Visibility and TransN bugs.

His run works perfectly, but I need to investigat the .pac moar to see why walking still silent freezes when crouching, jumping, and running work fine.

When I Fix walking, I will post Pics.

WalkMiddle has only 1 frame.
This needs more frames.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I just PM'd TRCShade all the Fixed Tabuu files. :bee:

Wasn't so hard. :p
That's wonderful. Thank you so much. :3

Now I need to find a way to move his shield upward and fix my animations. I still think it's because I didn't move TransN and it's bugging me.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

The shield location is controlled by ThrowN.
Just move the ThrowN bone up.

You can make it bigger by increasing the shield size through PSA in the Attributes section.

The freezing from waling is because the WalkMiddle animation only has 1 frame.
Not sure about ForwardB Though.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What's with all the dots?

And with these new files, the DThrow freezes the game. Idk, I'm confused.

1 frame? I thought I had more. Bizarre. I'll check.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman

The shield location is controlled by ThrowN.
Just move the ThrowN bone up.

You can make it bigger by increasing the shield size through PSA in the Attributes section.

The freezing from waling is because the WalkMiddle animation only has 1 frame.
Not sure about ForwardB Though.
Nice recolors. Once most of the freezes are fixed and moves are added I'll be happy to try this out.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Help please.

I've tried everything to replace the CSPs and CSS stuff. And it won't appear. I edited common5_en.pac, and nothing.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I edited common5 and it did nothing. Not sure why. Deleted the _en and put it in the right section.

I just edit sc_selcharacter for my MGS:TTS Snake CSPs, and Yoshi's Gray Fox project.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceXXXX.brres

Another directory that needs to be checked for CSP changes to go through.

MenSelchrFaceB210 Is MK's CSP files for example.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
IDK maybe something like

MenSelchrFaceB200 - MenSelchrFaceB206

or MenSelchrFaceB190 - MenSelchrFaceB196.

Should be one or 2 spaces above Meta Knight.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
dang, i don't check here for almost an entire day and all this happens? oh well.

Gamma, all you need to do to fix Goroh's model disappearance is to hex his BodyM bone index to something else. open Goroh's model in a hex editor and go to Offset 1218 (it should be a 2) and change it (to 3). don't mess with the hierarchy changer, even if you get it right and the way you want, once you insert it back into the .pac/.pcs file, it will revert to the way it was. i probably should take that out of my guide.

TCR, did the FitGanon.pac i sent you not fix everything? or have you gotten one that works?

and has been mentioned, make sure that animations have at least 2 frames each. this note goes for anyone making animations. usually it's best to match how many frames an animation has to the one it's replacing (well, it at least cuts down on a lot of problems that can happen).

and Tabuu (the character) only has 143 bones total. not even the great Tabuu can top how many bones ROB has (ROB has 162).

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
dang, i don't check here for almost an entire day and all this happens? oh well.

Gamma, all you need to do to fix Goroh's model disappearance is to hex his BodyM bone index to something else. open Goroh's model in a hex editor and go to Offset 1218 (it should be a 2) and change it (to 3). don't mess with the hierarchy changer, even if you get it right and the way you want, once you insert it back into the .pac/.pcs file, it will revert to the way it was. i probably should take that out of my guide.

TCR, did the FitGanon.pac i sent you not fix everything? or have you gotten one that works?

and has been mentioned, make sure that animations have at least 2 frames each. this note goes for anyone making animations. usually it's best to match how many frames an animation has to the one it's replacing (well, it at least cuts down on a lot of problems that can happen).

and Tabuu (the character) only has 143 bones total. not even the great Tabuu can top how many bones ROB has (ROB has 162).
No it didn't, but thank you anyway. I won't forget that you tried to help so you'll still be credited. But kangaroogreen sent me versions that fixed the TransN and EyeYellowM glitches. Now the DThrow has a problem.

Strange, when I checked Tabuu's NumNodes, it said something like 667.

And yes, Ganondorf's select pics are located in MenSelchrFaceB191 - MenSelchrFaceB196.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
No it didn't, but thank you anyway. I won't forget that you tried to help so you'll still be credited. But kangaroogreen sent me versions that fixed the TransN and EyeYellowM glitches. Now the DThrow has a problem.

Strange, when I checked Tabuu's NumNodes, it said something like 667.

And yes, Ganondorf's select pics are located in MenSelchrFaceB191 - MenSelchrFaceB196.
Bone ID is what you are looking for for the bone count, just go to the bone that's farthest down.

And does the DThrow have one of tabuu's animations? Because they seem to be what's caused the freezing, except for his wait1.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Bone ID is what you are looking for for the bone count, just go to the bone that's farthest down.

And does the DThrow have one of tabuu's animations? Because they seem to be what's caused the freezing, except for his wait1.
No, the D-Throw is a custom animation. He shrinks and slams downward with his Cage.

And his Catch, NAir, FThrow, DSmash, Final and Win animations are all straight from Tabuu and each work perfectly.

Top Bottom