• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I assume that many of you remember the common texture swapping glitch associated with early model swapping. For those of you who do not remember, I'm referring to the glitch that caused assist trophy models(that were swapped onto alloys) to have a constantly changing texture that was based on the textures in the environment around it.

Now that we all know what we're talking about, my question is:

Does anyone know how to APPLY this glitch to a normal character? Metaknight, for example.

For those of you who will be curious, I'm interested in this because there was recently a Missingno. vertex hack released for Metaknight. The texture is sub-par(I think because the vertex job is HEAVILY stretched), and may not be able to be much improved. As I was trying to think of a way to fix this, I remembered the old texture glitch of brawl hacking!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
K I updated the OP, I removed a bunch of inactive projects (i'll probably remove more later)

I have collected info posts from everyone, and hpefully will post them later on tonight.

added some new projects

took down old videos/downloads

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
OH MAN. If you do that let me know, I'd love to help with that. I'm actually not too big of a Pokemon fan, but of the Eevee forms, Umbreon's my favorite.

And thanks. :bee:
Know wut.. F**k making my own PSA for now. Lets do this im gunna make umbreon! itll be a great way for me to learn animating from snoopy and others. Id love to see a player on all fours!. K now where to get the model and I need to plan the PSA and figure out who im putting this over

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Know wut.. F**k making my own PSA for now. Lets do this im gunna make umbreon! itll be a great way for me to learn animating from snoopy and others. Id love to see a player on all fours!. K now where to get the model and I need to plan the PSA and figure out who im putting this over
Gah, this'll be EPIC. :laugh: If you do get this started, and the model junk sorted out, let me know. I'd be willing to put a video of it up on the YouTube.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Gah, this'll be EPIC. :laugh: If you do get this started, and the model junk sorted out, let me know. I'd be willing to put a video of it up on the YouTube.
All I need is the model.. I have my resources for fixing it. and I know who to contact for the moveset Idea. What happened to that pokemon thread.. thatd be useful right now

Would it be possible to vertex pikachu into umbreon?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
All I need is the model.. I have my resources for fixing it. and I know who to contact for the moveset Idea. What happened to that pokemon thread.. thatd be useful right now

Would it be possible to vertex pikachu into umbreon?
Snoopy can probably fix it, and G.A.L.O.T. would surely help with the moveset, so we do have that in place. :)

And would THIS be it?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Snoopy can probably fix it, and G.A.L.O.T. would surely help with the moveset, so we do have that in place. :)

And would THIS be it?
Wow you thought of the exact people I was.. >.> creepy. Yes that is the site I was thinking off you should post your mew stuff there, and ill post my umbreon stuff

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Wow you thought of the exact people I was.. >.> creepy. Yes that is the site I was thinking off you should post your mew stuff there, and ill post my umbreon stuff
Well I know them too. Who do you think fixed the Mew model? :laugh:

And I guess I could post Mew there too. I have a KC-MM thread already, but why not spread it around?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
and you know what's even funnier, i happen to have an Umbreon model. aparently it's not fully hexed yet, so i'll get it working and send it to you Gemini. and while i'm at it, who do you want it over?

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
and you know what's even funnier, i happen to have an Umbreon model. aparently it's not fully hexed yet, so i'll get it working and send it to you Gemini. and while i'm at it, who do you want it over?
Ah, Snoopy you're a lifesaver! :laugh: Well, GCF was talking about putting it over Pikachu, though he also did say he obtained a model. Did you get it to him?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Pikachu is who I want it over

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
You'd really assume that I'd surely help you in your escapades towards the creation of a moveset?

..well, you'd be right, but I honestly hate Umbreon. Honestly have no clue how the darned thing would grab, too, but I'll get started right away. Any chance of it going over Jiggs?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Possibly, if you rely HEAVILY on animations for things like the legs. I'd personally just import the Pokepark model (if there is one)

it is totally possible, it would probably be better this way too. no import problems. but youd still need to make all new animations.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Mmk, so I spent all day in school today daydreaming about what Umbreon will be all about.

The model issue is fixed, as Snoopy has one that he's fixing up for Brawl usage.

Honestly, I had thought of Ganon too, though I don't know why. You can add shadow effects to anything you want, and it's not too difficult! :bee:

As for the grab, I thought that instead of actually "grabbing," maybe Umbreon would pounce on an opponent rather than "pick them up" and attack them while they're down.

Biting or scratching, whichever.

I also thought up a few throws that would be good for it. The important part being that when you throw, Umbreon picks up the foe with it's mouth and tosses them up before proceeding to throw them. For example, it's back throw could be tossing them up and around to it's hindside and following up with a mule kick.

Any ideas?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Mmk, so I spent all day in school today daydreaming about what Umbreon will be all about.

The model issue is fixed, as Snoopy has one that he's fixing up for Brawl usage.

Honestly, I had thought of Ganon too, though I don't know why. You can add shadow effects to anything you want, and it's not too difficult! :bee:

As for the grab, I thought that instead of actually "grabbing," maybe Umbreon would pounce on an opponent rather than "pick them up" and attack them while they're down.

Biting or scratching, whichever.

I also thought up a few throws that would be good for it. The important part being that when you throw, Umbreon picks up the foe with it's mouth and tosses them up before proceeding to throw them. For example, it's back throw could be tossing them up and around to it's hindside and following up with a mule kick.

Any ideas?
I was thinking for his back/front throw he lifts them up slightly then spins around into a kick with his legs so pretty much what you said. Hmm I think we should go with Ganon if thats ok with everyone

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking for his back/front throw he lifts them up slightly then spins around into a kick with his legs so pretty much what you said. Hmm I think we should go with Ganon if thats ok with everyone
K. :bee:

If I had the model, I'd like to start... I'd be able to whip up a video fast too, as I have a smoking-fast new laptop. :p

And as for being over Ganon, we'll need to see how much bones the Umbreon model has, and how much will need to be added.

Ganon has 70 bones, so we'll need more than that... we'll see.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
K. :bee:

If I had the model, I'd like to start... I'd be able to whip up a video fast too, as I have a smoking-fast new laptop. :p

And as for being over Ganon, we'll need to see how much bones the Umbreon model has, and how much will need to be added.

Ganon has 70 bones, so we'll need more than that... we'll see.
I dont think thats a problem now with Tabuu and everything right snoopy?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
how many bones a model has hasn't been an issue since the bone adding program was released months ago. that's the entire reason it was made, to make a model with few bones (Umbreon) work over characters that have more bones (just about whoever you want). there is a limit to how many bones can be added to the model, but since Umbreon has 25ish (not sure exactly how many), and you want him over Ganondorf (69), there should be enough room.

and so i take it you want me to port Umbreon over Ganondorf then?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
how many bones a model has hasn't been an issue since the bone adding program was released months ago. that's the entire reason it was made, to make a model with few bones (Umbreon) work over characters that have more bones (just about whoever you want). there is a limit to how many bones can be added to the model, but since Umbreon has 25ish (not sure exactly how many), and you want him over Ganondorf (69), there should be enough room.

and so i take it you want me to port Umbreon over Ganondorf then?
Yes. Yes I do

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I know there's no problem with the bones anymore, that's kinda what I was getting at. In fact, I was gonna get cracking on adding the bones today anyway, but I forgot what the limit was.

I was just gonna do ten at a time anyway. :bee:

Speaking of bones, Snoopy, is it possible to change a character's HaveN bone to another through hex? I want to give Mew a disjointed one similar to Mewtwo's, and right now it's HaveN bone is in the tail.

Which is very inconvenient. :c Think you could maybe take a look at that for me?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i think the way the Mewtwo team did it was through new animations, not by changing the HaveN itself. but the HaveN is pretty complicated. it's not connected to the model, so trying to make a bone that is connected to the model could result in some unwanted results. my suggestion would be to either ask the Mewtwo team how they did it, or just try making new animations for when Mew holds items.

and the bone adding limit depends on how many the model already has. like a model i recently fixed up, it had 32 originally, but could take up to 98, but another model that had 10 to start could only get up to 41.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
i think the way the Mewtwo team did it was through new animations, not by changing the HaveN itself. but the HaveN is pretty complicated. it's not connected to the model, so trying to make a bone that is connected to the model could result in some unwanted results. my suggestion would be to either ask the Mewtwo team how they did it, or just try making new animations for when Mew holds items.

and the bone adding limit depends on how many the model already has. like a model i recently fixed up, it had 32 originally, but could take up to 98, but another model that had 10 to start could only get up to 41.
Poop. :c Of all places, the HaveN had to end up in the tail...

Mmk, I'll ask them then...

~~~EDIT~~~
Umbreon: The Beginning

Uhh yeah. Anyone know how to fix the walking glitch?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Does Mew have a TransN or a bone that should be used to move??

If so, you need to use Tabuu to change the bonref to reflect Mew's bones.

Top Bottom