• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
...It's only four cables. I'll even tell you how to set it up if you need it.

I'm pretty sure you can get all the other cables around $16-$20 from RadioShack if you can't find them at BestBuy, which would bring it up to $70 at the most

Maybe it'd help to take notes.
- Dazzle DVD Recorder
- Female to Female RCA Adaptor
- Male to Male Y Splitter Cables

Thankfully BestBuy and RadioShack employees tend to be very helpful in looking for what you need.

On another note, are your computer and TV next to each other? If not, you'l want to skip out on the cables. The only reason you'd want to get them, anyway, is if you want to be able to see what you're recording on a larger screen. (The Dazzle software only gives you a small preview window.)

(And just to bring it up again, if you really just don't want to go and buy all this, you CAN ask someone who already has the ability to record, to record for you.)

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I'm working on Gray Fox, though I'm not sure how far I'll get into it since Finals week is pretty soon and I should be studying.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
If you are going to completely do him, then sure. Keep me updated!
I will; textures, moveset, animations, CSPs, victory theme, the whole shebang. Including 6 colour schemes for team battles and such.

Right now I only have the idle animation. Which, by the way, looks pretty awesome.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
...It's only four cables. I'll even tell you how to set it up if you need it.

I'm pretty sure you can get all the other cables around $16-$20 from RadioShack if you can't find them at BestBuy, which would bring it up to $70 at the most

Maybe it'd help to take notes.
- Dazzle DVD Recorder
- Female to Female RCA Adaptor
- Male to Male Y Splitter Cables

Thankfully BestBuy and RadioShack employees tend to be very helpful in looking for what you need.

On another note, are your computer and TV next to each other? If not, you'l want to skip out on the cables. The only reason you'd want to get them, anyway, is if you want to be able to see what you're recording on a larger screen. (The Dazzle software only gives you a small preview window.)
Thanks for all the help. One last question: If I don't need a large preview window, what is everything that I need.

(And just to bring it up again, if you really just don't want to go and buy all this, you CAN ask someone who already has the ability to record, to record for you.)
Thanks, but I'll be making more videos than this, so I'll get the stuff.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Since a lot of people have trouble with the walk/run bug, I'll update the thread with the fix:

Yes, mwahah! Thanks to Kryal's awesome BrawlBox .59, I've found a solution! The bone TransN controls the character's actual movement. For some reason this bone doesn't register for Primid, but! I can change the TransN of walk, run, etc. to 0 so that Primid doesn't move in the animation. Then I can move him myself with Character Momentum!

The only problem now is that Primid moves his feet at an absurdly fast rate when walking now. It looks weird, but the important part is that Primid now can walk.

Sidoain

Smash Rookie
I dont know if someone mentioned it, but for you talented folks, i think the easiest and quickest way to do it would be to remake character models to make them look like someone else and then, try to change their animation and moves.

For example, the easiest one to Edit would be Sonic to Shadow.

But again, if you are ready to really spend your free time on making a real new character and not an other melee clones, then i would like to see all the Brawl Assist trophies as a real brawl character. In faq, you can take their movement animation that is already made, their move that they use while assisting and you would only need to add hit box to them, more move so they can be complete.

Not all the assist trophies, but some of them would be more simple to edit then just making a whole new character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G-kTCMoAc

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I dont know if someone mentioned it, but for you talented folks, i think the easiest and quickest way to do it would be to remake character models to make them look like someone else and then, try to change their animation and moves.

For example, the easiest one to Edit would be Sonic to Shadow.

But again, if you are ready to really spend your free time on making a real new character and not an other melee clones, then i would like to see all the Brawl Assist trophies as a real brawl character. In faq, you can take their movement animation that is already made, their move that they use while assisting and you would only need to add hit box to them, more move so they can be complete.

Not all the assist trophies, but some of them would be more simple to edit then just making a whole new character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G-kTCMoAc
Short answer to all of this: Doesn't work like that. You need a full animation set, which you are not going to get from just taking animations it already has.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I was working on Tails, but nothing actually went through without a crash. I haven't tested Red Alloy yet, but I know Yellow Alloy is just not going to work.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Who are you making him over?
Bowser. I didn't want to go with the obvious choice (Charizard) for two reasons:

A, Bowser acts more like Ridley IMO (aside from the flying).

And B, Charizard doesn't work with PSA, and I have some experience with hacking Bowser.

This is what I have so far. (I included the red and blue palette swaps as well.)

There's also a couple things that are debatable; namely his size. The wings are being shrunk down for sure, but I'm contemplating reducing his entire body to be more suited to the game as a playable character. But Ridley has almost always been huge, and I think it would be interesting to make him stand out in that way. Likewise, I was also thinking about removing his wings entirely, but that's mainly because they're REALLY hard to animate. They have about 10 bones each. So opinions on that matter would help.

Now, the only problem is, it doesn't work in-game right now. I got the animations to load, but the model didn't. Then I was informed you need the PCS too, so I tried making one, but now it doesn't work all together. I'm still working on the animations though, in case someone knows how to fix it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Bowser. I didn't want to go with the obvious choice (Charizard) for two reasons:

A, Bowser acts more like Ridley IMO (aside from the flying).

And B, Charizard doesn't work with PSA, and I have some experience with hacking Bowser.

The only problem is, it doesn't work right now. I got the animations to load, but the model didn't. Then I was informed you need the PCS too, so I tried making one, but now it doesn't work all together. I'm still working on the animations though, in case someone knows how to fix it.
A couple things:

1. I thought it was already working...for future reference, try the model first, then do the animations.

2. Bosses and AT's and many others normally don't load on normal characters, Alloys will work though.

3. I would suggest stopping making the animations on Bowser and start them on an Alloy if you still want to make the animations.

4. Any animations that you have already made can be transferred over to the Alloy so that you don't have to start over.

5. Just as a suggestion, you can use Ridley's and Meta Ridley's animations for a lot of his moves so that you do not have to make an animation for every move.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
k so i downloaded brawl box and i wanna know how to get started switching toad if he has a model into a character so i have a few questions

1. is there a thread that has all brawl files in it including trophies and stuff like that

2. just how do you switch the articles and bone animations

3. could someone maybe post either a thread with like a walk through or like a video explaining it

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Entei is being really difficult to animate, so I am putting the project on hold for now. I have taken up Electivire on the Yellow Alloy, seeing that he is much easier to animate. Sorry if that disappoints anyone, but I will come back to him eventually.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
(RIDLEY POST)
There's also a couple things that are debatable; namely his size. The wings are being shrunk down for sure, but I'm contemplating reducing his entire body to be more suited to the game as a playable character. But Ridley has almost always been huge, and I think it would be interesting to make him stand out in that way. Likewise, I was also thinking about removing his wings entirely, but that's mainly because they're REALLY hard to animate. They have about 10 bones each. So opinions on that matter would help.

Now, the only problem is, it doesn't work in-game right now. I got the animations to load, but the model didn't. Then I was informed you need the PCS too, so I tried making one, but now it doesn't work all together. I'm still working on the animations though, in case someone knows how to fix it.
Aww, come on, don't be a party pooper, keep the wings!
And I think you should make him large, but definitely downsize him ALOT from how big he is as a boss. Like, make him 1.25 to 1.5 times bigger than bowser.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Keep in mind what I said in my last post.

1. You should keep the wings the same size.

2. You might want to make him normal size, large-normal size, but still normal.

3. Keep the wings, that's what makes Ridley Ridley. I think if you just modify some of the bones, the rest will follow, but I don't know for sure. You should keep them, though.

4. Tell me what Alloy you're going to do him on, if you still want to do him.

5. I really like the red and blue textures, they're awesome.

6. Remember to keep me updated, and tell me if you need help with the wings or something else.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
k so i downloaded brawl box and i wanna know how to get started switching toad if he has a model into a character so i have a few questions

1. is there a thread that has all brawl files in it including trophies and stuff like that

2. just how do you switch the articles and bone animations

3. could someone maybe post either a thread with like a walk through or like a video explaining it
1. Search All Brawl Files and go to the thread "All Brawl Files Except Videos and Texture Hacking Tools."

2. Here's the model: Toad. Find someone else to do the rest. He has few bones, so animations should be simple. I'd do it, but I'm working on Drifloon...

3. ^

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'm gonna slowly but surely work on Entei. No walking problems, so it looks promising. This will probably be for yellow/red alloy, but right now he is working fine on Olimar for some reason.
You definitely will work on him? Cool, Entei will be an awesome character! No walking problems, you say. Strange, but good! Keep me updated, and especially tell me if you change who he will replace!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Where are the enemy files located?
You mean SSE enemies? Go to the thread I told Tsuyoshio to go to in the post above (the "All Brawl Files" thread), and in the Mediafire archive go to Stages>Adventure and you will find them inside the Stage pacs. I can't tell you which stages have which enemies, though, you'll have to find that out yourself.

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
@Brawlshifter- You are correct, there are no walking problems. It's rather odd, but not a bad kind of odd. There isn't a walk animation, so he just floats to where you are going, but after I get animations working it will be fine.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to confirm that I'm working on an Ana moveset and it will be on ZakoChild.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Project Toad along with 2 others

Ok so i have the toad model and its nice so im going to start asking around to see if anyone will do it for me but i myself am going to start working on 2 items into playable characters

Hammer Bros and Togepei

gimme ur response on if i should

Razanak7

Smash Ace
1. You should keep the wings the same size.

2. You might want to make him normal size, large-normal size, but still normal.

3. Keep the wings, that's what makes Ridley Ridley. I think if you just modify some of the bones, the rest will follow, but I don't know for sure. You should keep them, though.

4. Tell me what Alloy you're going to do him on, if you still want to do him.

5. I really like the red and blue textures, they're awesome.

6. Remember to keep me updated, and tell me if you need help with the wings or something else.
Okay, wings definitely have to stay then. Also, I had already shrunk the wings down in the picture, so that's not the normal size; it's about half.

As for changing to an Alloy, to be honest, I really don't want to. I want him to be selectable from the CSS at any time, and have special moves. And I'm pretty sure it didn't work because I did something wrong. I didn't include all the textures for one, since MR has more textures than Bowser and I don't know how to add more, and I have the feeling I made the PCS wrong too.

But, worse comes to worse, I'll switch him to the Green Alloy, since it has a rapid A attack and multiple jumps.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I'd love to be able to help out with making some animations for another character! Gimmie a few mins to read back on the pages I've missed and I'll see who I can do.

EDIT: I think I'll go with my idea I've had since 0.58..... Bublin! (The little gremling things that get owned on the Zelda bridge stage (The name escaped me for the moment)
However, with BB60, LOTS of models and textures (Indexed ones mainly) stopped working and refuse to show up at all. I'll let you know how I go.
(I just realised how many animations I'm going to have to make to develop a fully fledged character!)

EDIT: Good old BB59, helped solve..... most of it. (Still can't see the model/texture in BB) but I'm making progress none the less!

EDIT: This WILL take a LONG time! Each bone is named and arranged differently (Seeing as he was part of a stage with no more than 4 animations [Moving, Not Moving, Being Hit, In The Air], not a character)

Going to try and make the main animations. Standing, walking and turning.

EDIT: Does anyone have any ideas on why some models do not display at all anymore for most characters in the new BB60?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Ok so i have the toad model and its nice so im going to start asking around to see if anyone will do it for me but i myself am going to start working on 2 items into playable characters

Hammer Bros and Togepei

gimme ur response on if i should
If you are going to do those, why don't you finish Toad?

Okay, wings definitely have to stay then. Also, I had already shrunk the wings down in the picture, so that's not the normal size; it's about half.

As for changing to an Alloy, to be honest, I really don't want to. I want him to be selectable from the CSS at any time, and have special moves. And I'm pretty sure it didn't work because I did something wrong. I didn't include all the textures for one, since MR has more textures than Bowser and I don't know how to add more, and I have the feeling I made the PCS wrong too.

But, worse comes to worse, I'll switch him to the Green Alloy, since it has a rapid A attack and multiple jumps.
1. Oh, well the wings looked good in the picture so...keep them that way.

2. You might have to change him to an Alloy, but they can be selectable on the CSS! Go here and look at Eldiran's CSS about halfway down the page.

3. To add a texture, right click on the Texture Data[0] folder and click Import>New Texture.

4. To make the PCS you just hit Save As>.pcs file while editing the pac.

5. You can add/subtract number of jumps in PSA. (Attributes Section.)

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
i dont really know how to and oh btw when i tried to use the model you gave me on the wii it froze b4 i could even get to the stage

Top Bottom