• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I'd love to be able to help out with making some animations for another character! Gimmie a few mins to read back on the pages I've missed and I'll see who I can do.

EDIT: I think I'll go with my idea I've had since 0.58..... Bublin! (The little gremling things that get owned on the Zelda bridge stage (The name escaped me for the moment)
However, with BB60, LOTS of models and textures (Indexed ones mainly) stopped working and refuse to show up at all. I'll let you know how I go.
(I just realised how many animations I'm going to have to make to develop a fully fledged character!)

EDIT: Good old BB59, helped solve..... most of it. (Still can't see the model/texture in BB) but I'm making progress none the less!

EDIT: This WILL take a LONG time! Each bone is named and arranged differently (Seeing as he was part of a stage with no more than 4 animations [Moving, Not Moving, Being Hit, In The Air], not a character)

Going to try and make the main animations. Standing, walking and turning.

EDIT: Does anyone have any ideas on why some models do not display at all anymore for most characters in the new BB60?
For the last part, you might not have renamed the textures or model to what it was originally, make sure the model still is named what it was before you replaced it and make sure the textures are renamed to what they were before you exported it. And yes, it will be a lot of work. Tell me if you need help, and keep me updated!

EDIT: Who will you make him replace?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
So it has to be the Alloys, eh? That explains why I never got it to work. I wonder why?

Anyway, has anyone tried doing Pokemon Trainer? He might even work with a regular character, since he is sort of already a playable character... maybe? I have no idea. But I do know that Peach is almost the same size as him.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Well, I got all the textures in and made the PCS... but it still doesn't work.

Looks like I'm switching Meta Ridley to an Alloy. *sadface*

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
:( That's too bad. I find CSS hacking cumbersome. Dang, he really should have had specials. Oh well, just give him a ton of jumps to make up for the lack of an up-b and the ability to grab ledges. :3

Still, keep trying to put him over bowser! It just might work eventually! ....ok, it's never going to, but still try!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Now I KNOW I'm doing something wrong. Like with Bowser, the animations work, but the model doesn't.

Although... My SD card is also to the point where it can barely handle anything and is on the verge of complete uselessness, so that might have something to do with it. It even has problems loading textures.

So, here's the downloads so someone else can try it out.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZakoBall00.pac

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZakoBall00.pcs

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZakoBallMotion.pac

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
k so i tried toad on training and it still doesn't work also with that renaming stuff how do i do that im such a noob i kno and i apoligize for my noobnezz

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
They're the only two I edited.

So much for "anything works on Alloys."
A while back I said this: Anything works on Red Alloy, and I think Yellow is the same. Green and Blue, I am unsure about though...

That is the same thing Thunderspam said about Primid, pretty much, which is where I got the info.

As I said, you can give him more jumps in PSA.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
k so i tried toad on training and it still doesn't work also with that renaming stuff how do i do that im such a noob i kno and i apoligize for my noobnezz
I don't know what to tell you about Toad. I really have my hands full with Drifloon (I'm making every single animation from scratch! [Except for Wait1.]), or else I would help out.

I just remembered something! Normally, when I swap my characters, they don't do the animations that were originally on the character they are replacing, instead they T-pose, but Toad did those animations in BrawlBox, which might be causing the freeze! Make a Wait1 animation for him (it doesn't matter what it is) and test it in Training Mode. Make sure the only Bones he uses belong to Toad, since Yellow Alloy has far more Bones. Start from frame 0.

I need to stop procrastinating and work on Drifloon...

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
o.0 im so confused man but i think i get what your saying so i will try to find out how to make a wait 1

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Anyway, has anyone tried doing Pokemon Trainer? He might even work with a regular character, since he is sort of already a playable character... maybe? I have no idea. But I do know that Peach is almost the same size as him.
Somebody replaced him with Falcon, I believe. I swear I saw a Poketrainer Knee.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
@brawlshifter how do i make a wait 1 and is there a way i can just import it

btw if this works i will probably come out with a video

Razanak7

Smash Ace
A while back I said this: Anything works on Red Alloy, and I think Yellow is the same. Green and Blue, I am unsure about though...

That is the same thing Thunderspam said about Primid, pretty much, which is where I got the info.

As I said, you can give him more jumps in PSA.
Okay, I'll try Red then.

BTW, I just checked, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to add jumps.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
@brawlshifter how do i make a wait 1 and is there a way i can just import it

btw if this works i will probably come out with a video
If you don't know how to use the Animation Creator go to the BrawlBox Thread. For now, just to test if Toad works, do anything, but start at frame 0. Don't import it because that might be what's causing your problem. If you do make a video post it here.

If anyone can give him a better explanation of how to completely start over on Wait1 (so that he is only using Toad's Bones), please do so.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll try Red then.

BTW, I just checked, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to add jumps.
What version of PSA do you have? I don't think you can edit Attributes on the first version, but on v0.1.2 (download is in my signature) you can. The Attribute is *0x060 (you know, the one that says "Jumps"), right above Gravity.

unintelligentgenius

Smash Rookie
Hey, new here...
I've been pestering around the forums for quite a while and I've been awe-struck as to how fast and incredible the Brawl hacking community is! And now that Model and animation editing is finally in the works, I'd love to commit what small, somewhat amateurish modelling skills I have to create new characters!
I can also edit textures and images.
Anyway, now that that's outta the way, I just started working on a Fawful model. I really couldn't think of who to make, so, yeah, I thought it'd be interesting. So far the head shape's done and mouth/glasses are being worked one. If anyone wants, I could send an image of what it looks like so far.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hey, new here...
I've been pestering around the forums for quite a while and I've been awe-struck as to how fast and incredible the Brawl hacking community is! And now that Model and animation editing is finally in the works, I'd love to commit what small, somewhat amateurish modelling skills I have to create new characters!
I can also edit textures and images.
Anyway, now that that's outta the way, I just started working on a Fawful model. I really couldn't think of who to make, so, yeah, I thought it'd be interesting. So far the head shape's done and mouth/glasses are being worked one. If anyone wants, I could send an image of what it looks like so far.
1. I don't know who the heck "Fawful" is.

2. Wrong thread, go here.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
k i got the new smash attacks and i wanted to know what do i load up the .pac or .pcs because when i tried to open up the .pac it says "bad file" then x's out

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll try Red then.

It's in one of the KC:MM video tutorials. In PSA, the value for jumps is unnamed but it's there. And the value is the only one not in hex, so just scroll down the attributes until you find one with a value of "2." That's probably it. I think it's value 0x sixty something. I could be wrong.

It's in the attributes section in case that's not clear. :3

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
It's in one of the KC:MM video tutorials. In PSA, the value for jumps is unnamed but it's there. And the value is the only one not in hex, so just scroll down the attributes until you find one with a value of "2." That's probably it. I think it's value 0x sixty something. I could be wrong.

It's in the attributes section in case that's not clear. :3
1. Its named.

2. None of them are in hex.

3. You do know I told him pretty much the exact same thing you did, right?

unintelligentgenius

Smash Rookie
1. I don't know who the heck "Fawful" is.

2. Wrong thread, go here.

Oh, sorry, I read "1. A model swap/creation.", so I kinda had the wrong idea when posting.
And, you don't know who Fawful is? Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? He's a staple character of the series. And I couldn't think of who else to make.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry, I read "1. A model swap/creation.", so I kinda had the wrong idea when posting.
And, you don't know who Fawful is? Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? He's a staple character of the series. And I couldn't think of who else to make.
Yes, I've played the games, but I can't think of him off the top of my head. Also, try reading the whole thread next time, I said in it I will post that type of model in the completed section, not the being worked on section, but there are many threads on that. Tell me when you finish the model (after the Model Injector comes out).

unintelligentgenius

Smash Rookie
Yes, I've played the games, but I can't think of him off the top of my head. Also, try reading the whole thread next time, I said in it I will post that type of model in the completed section, not the being worked on section, but there are many threads on that. Tell me when you finish the model (after the Model Injector comes out).
Boy, I feel stupid. The funny thing is that I usually DO read entire posts, I was just being lazy. :dizzy:

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I have a question:

You all know I am working on Drifloon over Yellow Alloy, and, since Alloys can't shield, his crouch is going to be his shield. I am going to make him turn invisible and set Body Collision Intangible, but, like a real shield, I want it to run out after a few seconds (I'm going to use the event that kills him, but the move itself it too short). My question is: Since the move loops, can I put the "suicide" event after the move ends? The move is 131 frames, so can I put it at 300 frames and will it still work? Considering the move loops.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
1. Its named.

2. None of them are in hex.

3. You do know I told him pretty much the exact same thing you did, right?
AKSHULLY, I apparently don't have the latest version, as Jumps aren't labeled in the one I have.

After I give Meta Ridley one last chance, (provided it ends up working,) I'll get the latest one to be sure.

n64billy

Smash Ace
For the last part, you might not have renamed the textures or model to what it was originally, make sure the model still is named what it was before you replaced it and make sure the textures are renamed to what they were before you exported it. And yes, it will be a lot of work. Tell me if you need help, and keep me updated!

EDIT: Who will you make him replace?
The texture displays perfectly in BB59, and only the bones show in BB60.
I'm going to try Yellow Alloy for now since it's the closer size.

It's not the model name that matters, if you rename each thing appropriately, it all works (And becomes much neater)

I have a question:

You all know I am working on Drifloon over Yellow Alloy, and, since Alloys can't shield, his crouch is going to be his shield. I am going to make him turn invisible and set Body Collision Intangible, but, like a real shield, I want it to run out after a few seconds (I'm going to use the event that kills him, but the move itself it too short). My question is: Since the move loops, can I put the "suicide" event after the move ends? The move is 131 frames, so can I put it at 300 frames and will it still work? Considering the move loops.
The animation may loop, but if you use timers in the crouch event in PSA you should be able to do it.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
okay so i put yellow alloys pac file inside the ZakoChild folder along with toad's .pcs and .pac files and i thought it would work but it doesn't ... i am very confused on how to add a wait 1 animation to him and if should use him in training or not when i try it alwasy freeze at the "READY TO FIGHT!" part of selecting your stage is there something im doing very wrong because if i am can someone please please help me

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm done with this.

I have tried EVERYTHING, but it will not work. Even on the Red Alloy. Meta Ridley just does not want to work.

I don't know, maybe someone that knows what they're doing can pull it off. I'm going to keep all the files just in case, but unless someone can fix the model/animations, I'm abandoning this project.

Of course, if someone can fix it, I'll restart ASAP. But until then, I'm going to resume my movesets.

So if someone wants try and fix it, I have the models and animations adapted for Bowser, Green Alloy and Red Alloy still intact and ready for download.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm done with this.

I have tried EVERYTHING, but it will not work. Even on the Red Alloy. Meta Ridley just does not want to work.

I don't know, maybe someone that knows what they're doing can pull it off. I'm going to keep all the files just in case, but unless someone can fix the model/animations, I'm abandoning this project.

Of course, if someone can fix it, I'll restart ASAP. But until then, I'm going to resume my movesets.

So if someone wants try and fix it, I have the models and animations adapted for Bowser, Green Alloy and Red Alloy still intact and ready for download.
Put them up for download, that way if someone wants to try them they can.

Heh, now the word model turned yellow:chuckle:. I don't know why...but I like it. Model, model, model, model, model.:chuckle: Heh.

EDIT: Awwww, its not yellow anymore:(, that's gay!:mad:

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've tried to make Gray Fox work with ZakoBoy00 and it just doesn't work.

Right when Gray Fox appears in Endless Brawl, the game freezes with the beep sound. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the problem since this time I only inserted the modified FitZakoBoy00.pcs file. So I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong with this file then...

All I did was replaced the MDL0, TextureData[0] files with Gray Fox's. The ModelData[10] I kept because Gray Fox didn't have one so I saw no need to delete or replace this file.

Oh yeah, is there also a pre-made CSS code that includes the Alloy characters? Thanks.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Ok, I've tried to make Gray Fox work with ZakoBoy00 and it just doesn't work.

Right when Gray Fox appears in Endless Brawl, the game freezes with the beep sound. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the problem since this time I only inserted the modified FitZakoBoy00.pcs file. So I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong with this file then...

All I did was replaced the MDL0, TextureData[0] files with Gray Fox's. The ModelData[10] I kept because Gray Fox didn't have one so I saw no need to delete or replace this file.
Try being him instead, and swap some of his animations with Zako Boy's

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Try being him instead, and swap some of his animations with Zako Boy's
Tried it, didn't work. I'm pretty sure that the problem is the FitZakoBoy00.pcs file and not the motion.pac because the red alloy can load properly with the edited moves but when it is just the .pcs file on the SD card, the game freezes when Gray Fox falls off (intentional or not) the angelic platform.

Top Bottom