• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I have a question:

You all know I am working on Drifloon over Yellow Alloy, and, since Alloys can't shield, his crouch is going to be his shield. I am going to make him turn invisible and set Body Collision Intangible, but, like a real shield, I want it to run out after a few seconds (I'm going to use the event that kills him, but the move itself it too short). My question is: Since the move loops, can I put the "suicide" event after the move ends? The move is 131 frames, so can I put it at 300 frames and will it still work? Considering the move loops.
Yes, that should work fine.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has found the exact relationship between Brawl being picky and rejecting models, and model swaps. Primid works fine on Alloys, but when it comes down to an actual character, the model swaps will cause the game to crash.

Any ideas, since it is frustrating that I don't have half the stuff normal characters do.

I already checked the first post, but is anyone doing goomba?

if not I shall.(not 100% sure)
I considered doing it, and I have his model, but Goombas don't actually have enough actual attacks to really be considered a character. The only ones I can think of are running into you, and headbonking Goombas.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I'll throw my hat into this ring and decide to complete Shadow (Yellow Allow).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Tried it, didn't work. I'm pretty sure that the problem is the FitZakoBoy00.pcs file and not the motion.pac because the red alloy can load properly with the edited moves but when it is just the .pcs file on the SD card, the game freezes when Gray Fox falls off (intentional or not) the angelic platform.
The model loads, though. It might be the fall animation, or maybe you need both the pac and pcs. You said you had just the pcs in, did you also have the motion pac?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Yes, that should work fine.
Cool, and one more question: How exactly do I put the "suicide" event in? I've never used those LA or IC bit variable things, so I have no idea how they work. The event is LA Bit[0] set
to true...

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has found the exact relationship between Brawl being picky and rejecting models, and model swaps. Primid works fine on Alloys, but when it comes down to an actual character, the model swaps will cause the game to crash.

Any ideas, since it is frustrating that I don't have half the stuff normal characters do.
I don't think anyone has found the answer yet. By the way, how is Primid coming along (besides him not being able to be put on normal characters)? Have you finished all of his animations?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
What about Bob-Omb or Mr. Saturn? No idea what their movesets would be, but if you build it...

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Cool, and one more question: How exactly do I put the "suicide" event in? I've never used those LA or IC bit variable things, so I have no idea how they work. The event is LA Bit[0] set
to true...
Here is an easier way of doing that. At the end of the animation (300 frames or whatever), put in some vertical velocity, and set it to a ridiculous amount, so that it ensures that you are going to explode off the top of the screen.

I don't think anyone has found the answer yet. By the way, how is Primid coming along (besides him not being able to be put on normal characters)? Have you finished all of his animations?
No, I didn't finish just a few areas (Sleeping, Footstooling, other stuff), simply because I want to get Primid working on a character before I do that. If I can get the model working on the character, Primid will be smooth sailing, and I can probably have a V1.0 ready within a month or so.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Here is an easier way of doing that. At the end of the animation (300 frames or whatever), put in some vertical velocity, and set it to a ridiculous amount, so that it ensures that you are going to explode off the top of the screen.
That is a good strategy (and I'll probably end up doing that), but I would like to know how to put the LA Bit things in anyway, at least for future reference.

No, I didn't finish just a few areas (Sleeping, Footstooling, other stuff), simply because I want to get Primid working on a character before I do that. If I can get the model working on the character, Primid will be smooth sailing, and I can probably have a V1.0 ready within a month or so.
I just remembered, Vile has gotten freezing Models to work. You should ask him if he can get the model to work for you. And tell me if he can, it would help me with Drifloon and a lot of other people with a lot of other characters.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Hey Eldiran, the momentum event froze my game with no beep...I did it exactly as you said...
I am not Eldiran, but alright (I just realized I have been spelling his name wrong for a while. My bad.)

Anyways, you probably set it too high. Set it to something like 30.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You won't leave the ground properly just with Character Momentum -- the game won't let you. For auto-killing yourself, try Change Action: BD (Death).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If anyone knows anything about the Waluigi project, please lemme know. I saw the original thread for it was closed. Idk if the tools were out yet to make it or something. I would love to help out with it. Any technical work on it if I'm able to, balancing, creating moves, various color textures, etc.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
By the way, I think the game determines what Bone is treated as TransN (i.e. is able to move the character) by BoneIndex. (Bone number) So, for example. Yellow Alloy's TransN bone is bone 3. Galleom's TransN is bone 2, and thus does not properly propel him forward. HOWEVER, if I put translation on Galleom's RotN (which is bone 3) then he does move forward.

n64billy

Smash Ace
What about Bob-Omb or Mr. Saturn? No idea what their movesets would be, but if you build it...
Mr Saturn is an item, not a character. So you wouldn't put anything ontop of it if you plan on playing as them. A pink bomb-omb over Mr Saturn would be cool though! (In Super Mario 64, the Pink Bomb-ombs were the good guys, and couldn't blow up no matter what you did to them)

EDIT: For some reason, the bomb omb (After being made pink) shows up golden with a white streak in the middle of it. Also, animation swapping is ignored.... Hmmmm

EDIT: I decided to quickly record how it turned out. What I recorded it with ate up my FPS for Dolphin, so forgive that (I normally get 30-40 FPS, but was getting 2-5 FPS). I just wanted something quick to show it in 'action' without the hassle of editing programs.
Video of "Pink Bombomb" attempt ---> http://screenr.com/HQ2

PND

Smash Champion
If anyone knows anything about the Waluigi project, please lemme know. I saw the original thread for it was closed. Idk if the tools were out yet to make it or something. I would love to help out with it. Any technical work on it if I'm able to, balancing, creating moves, various color textures, etc.
I've been working on him on my own time, oblivious to the other topic that was made. I think mine has a bit more progress though, I've got a few custom animations going, some tweaked animations based off of Samus / Marth / Ike / Captain Falcon (With no model distortion) and he can actually grab edges (Unlike the last one, apparently).

Drop me a PM, Visitor Message, or hit me up on AIM (PNDMike) sometime to discuss. I can send you the file to play with and we can talk about balancing ideas. I'd love for him to be competitively viable at some point -- not obnoxiously over or underpowered.

The current animation I'm working on is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88
For both a taunt AND his final smash. And possibly victory screen, too :laugh:

EDIT: Pics!
Album: It's Waluigi Time!
Air Supremacy - Bair-ley Legal - Frog Jump - The Shame! - Showdown

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
@Iamthemovie hey what did you do to put grey fox on there like that i tried to replace zako boy's TransN with Little Macs but he dinit show up when i played as him it was just the same model data oh and btw i gave up Project Toad i just dont know how to do wait 1 or rename his bones again or anything so if someone wants to take it up i can give you his files im now gunna start either Little Mac replacing red alloy because of his jab animation

UPDATE: I have chosen to work on sneasel because he is my favorite pokemon
once i can get him walking i will put up a download link for him

2nd UPDATE: I have also choosen meowth as a secondary option

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
@Razanak his post is on page 8 right directly under yours about ridley downloads but me and you have the same problem though i can tell you that

Razanak7

Smash Ace
It took a long-*** time, but I finally found the problem.

For Bowser, it was two things. First, the animations file was too big. Second, Brawl Box won't save right, so I was unable to import palettes to two files that required them; EnmMetaridleyA and EnmMetaridleyKankyo2.

This problem is a bit different for the Red Alloy. The palettes works and the characters DOES load now, as long as the animations file isn't there, since it was also too big, but one of his textures, EnmMetaridleyMaskA, doesn't show properly, so instead of showing the game where to put the gloss effect, it just sticks the texture over the normal one.

Whew... that's a load off my mind. Now to find a way to fix it. So again, any ideas will really help.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE: i now found out how to run toad and will be continuing to work on him sneasel will also be worked on but i need someone to make a .pcs and .pac for him so if anyone wants to that would be helpful oh and also little mac covering red alloy for my brother much appreciated

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
to true...
There are other methods of killing yourself, but LA-Bit[0] is actually the simplest and cleanest method. Just add an event for 'Bit Variable Set', change the Memory Type to Runtime Longterm, the Type to Bit, and the Variable # to 0. At that point in the action, the character will simply vanish, lose a stock, and re-appear on the spawning platform. There's no explosion or anything, so you'll probably want to add some graphic/sound effect on the previous frame.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I need an easy method of reducing the size of the FitMotion file (by about 350 KB to be specific) without removing animations or frames; the Red Alloy has the bare minimum as it is.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
We need a shyguy. Shyguys are by far my favorite mario characters. I mean... they're just so... awesome! If somebody were to make a shyguy, I would bake them a pie (I make delicious apple-cinnamon, pumpkin, and strawberry-rhubarb pies. Although this isn't really the season for strawberry-rhubarb pies.)

Also, shyguys everywhere will celebrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3UZ59CvFI&feature=related#movie_player

... as will shy guys.

Oh wait... he's not an AT. Just a trophy. *sighs* well, we'll have to wait for pharrox to finish up I guess.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
We need a shyguy. Shyguys are by far my favorite mario characters. I mean... they're just so... awesome! If somebody were to make a shyguy, I would bake them a pie (I make delicious apple-cinnamon, pumpkin, and strawberry-rhubarb pies. Although this isn't really the season for strawberry-rhubarb pies.)

Also, shyguys everywhere will celebrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3UZ59CvFI&feature=related#movie_player

... as will shy guys.
While the idea is interesting, the only Shy Guy "model" was the 2D images from Yoshi's Island, am I right?

Would make a fun, technical character tommorow.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
While the idea is interesting, the only Shy Guy "model" was the 2D images from Yoshi's Island, am I right?

Would make a fun, technical character tommorow.
What do you mean in that last sentence? I don't get the tomorrow thing. Do you mean (shyguy) would make a ... character (with no tomorrow at the end) or do you mean (I) will make a .... character tomorrow?

Either way, I think he has a trophy. If he doesn't, than SHAME ON SAKURAI.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
You could always just take Primid off of his Kart from Mario Circuit. I had this idea myself, but you all know that I am preoccupied. Seriously, if you want ideas, go look at all the stages. There are quite a few models that could easily make characters.

By the way, is anyone making a Master Hand or Crazy Hand? I might do this quickly myself (Since Master Hand can fly, and doesn't really need to dodge, or grab onto ledges.)

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean in that last sentence? I don't get the tomorrow thing. Do you mean (shyguy) would make a ... character (with no tomorrow at the end) or do you mean (I) will make a .... character tomorrow?
...I think I meant to type another word. Or I was being all philosophical like "in the near future." Things tend to come out garbled when you're going off of a few minutes of sleep.

I'm fairly certain the trophy is the same 2D model from the Yoshi stage. (Melee did the same thing.) I think I did see a model floating around the Garry's Mod community, but that would still require the injector.

...As for actual topic relevance, I'm thinking of doing Magnezone over Yellow Alloy...I'd just...need someone to help me out with getting the Homebrew channel on my Wii to begin with. This guy doesn't read tutorials well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is there a thread or something where you can download any of the pacs for various models (like ATs), items, and chars here on swf? id rather not bother with ripping them off my disk lol

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Toad Will soon be finished to the point were he can move around and do a few attacks very soon once that happens i will finish up his attacks im probably gonna need someone to make a moveset for him after i get all the bones in place and everything but yea thats my update oh yea is anyone able to make sneasel replacing yellow alloy or little mac for red alloy if you can or already did plz post i wanna get started on them as soon as possible

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a Shy Guy in a Kart moveset actually sounds several times more amusing than just a little red guy with generic punches and kicks.

Shut up, Mario.

If someone would like to take that up I'd be happy to help with designing a moveset, because, yes, it is entirely possible.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
are there any tutorials out there for making new characters with models, like injecting ATs onto alloys?

Top Bottom