• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Well, not sure about anyone else, but I'll stay strong for DLC until we hear confirmation it can't be done. I mean I didn't think we'd get any substantial DLC for Mario Kart 8, but we have some coming out for that game.

Try not to get too depressed everyone. :) There is always DLC and if not that, the next game. Not to mention previous installments and mods. Cheer up, and let's continue our support for our favorite back in Smash. ^-^

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, Mewtwo was the most requested character over the world, planned for all the smash bros, Sakurai stated that "they're thinking about it" when he didn't even had to.

I'm utterly stunned that Mewtwo is not in... In my mind, he'll become like Isaac. I'm not hoping for him anymore, and I don't want to wait 7 years for false hope again.

I will not calm down. I could accept Mewtwo absence IF there wasn't Dark Pit. He ruin all the roster. Sakurai will ruon the series! And if, next year, he will make a Duck Hunt revival? We will have 3 Duck Hunt rep, surely!
After all this mounths of speculations with my friends, who called me "crazy" because I throught that Mewtwo would come back, after all the leak who give him in, after dr. Mario return, and then THIS I can't stay calm. But I'm not give up. I will use whater I can for convice Sakurai to make a f*****g Mewtwo DLC.
I understand the pain, I'm feeling it immensely right now, but I just think you might be letting your anger get to you.

However, you really can't call this the greatest character game and not have the 3 most requested characters ever make it in. Not even one....I thought Mewtwo was a given when I saw Dr. Mario...

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
They've given all this hype to the 3DS version so the majority already know whats in sm4sh for so there is no hype for the Wii U version except the appeal of the Wii U itself (which is questionable depending on who you talk to). So if they hype up the Wii U version with characters that arent currently in the 3DS version it would be a good marketing idea and get fans hype and then those new characters could be DLC for 3DS later on to keep sakurais promise of both games having the same roster. Not much else left to do but hope that is the plan. This theory holds water also as they still have time for holiday season and we know it takes more effort to add in a new characer over a clone. This is what I'm assuming the plan is. If not, I'm shocked and speechless and at a loss for words.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
t's over...it's REALLY over...Ghaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
SAKURAI DOESN' T DESERVE TO BE THE SMASH DIRECTOR ANYMORE!!!!
Employer 1: We could bring back Mewtwo, everyone wants him back!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Employer 2: What about Snake? Nintendo and Konami are for it...
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!
Employer 3: We should add a Rhythm Heaven character, it would be unique and awesome!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!111!
Employer 4: WE HAVE SOME FREE TIME. WE COULD USE THIS TIME FOR RESOLVE THE ICE CLIMBERS PROBLEM...
M***********g Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!1!1!1!1!11!!!

Why he even added Little Mac or Rosalina? They will SURELY cut in Smash 5 for make spaces for Viridi, Pseudo Palutena, Poseidon, Hades, Medusa, Phyrron, Phosphora and Thanathos!!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
this thread is a trainwreck

calm down people and get a grip lol

First of all you cannot even comprehend how mad I am, i am FURIOUS, because MEWTWO is so FUN to play as I LOVE TO SHADOWCLAW, and Mega Mewtwo Y would of made shadowclawing SO MUCH FUN AND EASIER BECAUSE OF HIS SMALLER SIZE. CANNOT BELIEVE DR. MARIO GOT IN BEFORE MEWTWO HOW ABSURD. I want to throw riots in the streets, I want to databomb his IP address. Sakurai Does Not Care About Fan Service Beyond His Own Personal Opinion.
THIS IS WHAT ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHER GEN 1SURVIVORS DREAMED AND SPECULATED ON FOR ****ING MONTHS. It is a dream after all right? We dont deserve this right?
I certainly did not dreamed of playing as Mega Mewtwo, especially Y. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Chrollo.

fka president wario
For some reason, I'm holding out this hope that the "final five" are truly secret that even when the game says you unlocked all the characters, they're sitll there.
I know I'm strawgrasping but jesus, Mewtwo should've been in the game. There's no ifs and buts about it.
Inb4 someone hacks the game and Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men, Ridley, and some other random character become the new forbidden seven.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I offer my condolences. I would have liked to have seen both Jiggs and Mewtwo make it in, but I only got one.

For a long time, I thought he was the only character not in Brawl that could be considered a shoo-in. Guess I was ironically wrong.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
You're that salty for Dark pit?
Get salty for Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Ganon as well.
Its crazy how you think they should add snake when Konami doesn't even want to port MGS5 to the wii u but for some reason thinks Nintendo should advertise their character. He doesn't need to be in this game and you can blame Konami for that.
Lucina: Popular character that will sell TONS of amiibos. Marketing Strategy.
Dr. Mario: FLUDDless Mario, a thing that everyone wanted. Fan pleasing.
Dark Pit: Someone REALLY wanted a CLONE (even if he could be a completely different character) from a series (lol. There are only 3 games, and 2 of them are 20 years old) that doesn't NEED (and deserve) more rep than Donkey Kong (milion seller) or as many as Kirby (one of the greatest Nintendo IP), but Sakuri-san had make one game, so let's add mor character from that series (which, 8 years ago, no one cared about).

Yes, Snake deserved to be in, and you know why? Because Konami is a better partner than Calcom in this day (maybe not on the Wii U, but they makes a lot of games for the 3DS, while Capcom, Ace Attorney aside, isn't makeing much), so Konami deserve a rep, and anyone can rappresent Konami as Snake. MGS had wrote an important part of the VideoGame Hystory, and if it is a big series, it's all thanks to the NES port of Metal Gear. They aren't putting MGS games on Nintendo console because all they have made recently (Twin Snakes and MGS3D) were waste of money. And MGS4 being a PS3 exlusive had stopped Snake to be in Brawl? NOPE!

Last edited:

Naoshi

Yeah, like... it really sucks he didn't get in. What a shame :/ He was my most wanted Character right behind Mega Man. I feel his cut was unjustified in Brawl.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
For some reason, I'm holding out this hope that the "final five" are truly secret that even when the game says you unlocked all the characters, they're sitll there.
I know I'm strawgrasping but jesus, Mewtwo should've been in the game. There's no ifs and buts about it.
Inb4 someone hacks the game and Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men, Ridley, and some other random character become the new forbidden seven.
Secret as in locked Disc Dlc, cause Nintendo will go there. Also blame Gamefreak for putting in a character purposely made for a marketing strategy over Mewtwo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Lucina: Popular character that will sell TONS of amiibos.
Dr. Mario: FLUDDless Mario, a thing that everyone wanted.
Dark Pit: a CLONE (even if he could be a completely different character) and a rep of a series (lo. They are only 3 games, and 2 of them are 20 years old) that doesn't NEED (and deserve) more rep than Donkey Kong (milion seller) or as many as Kirby (one of the greatest Nintendo IP), but Sakuri-san had make one game, so let's add mor character from that series (which, 8 years ago, no one cared about).

Yes, Snake deserved to be in, and you know why? Because Konami is a better partner than Calcom in this day (maybe not on the Wii U, but they makes a lot of games for the 3DS, while Capcom, Ace Attorney aside, isn't makeing much), so Konami deserve a rep, and anyone can rappresent Konami as Snake. MGS had wrote an important part of the VideoGame Hystory, and if it is a big series, it's all thanks to the NES port of Metal Gear. They aren't putting MGS games on Nintendo console because all they have made recently (Twin Snakes and MGS3D) were waste of money. And MGS4 being a PS3 exlusive had stopped Snake to be in Brawl? NOPE!
Based Sakurai?
More like....
Biased Sakurai. :p

I still love the roster (except Dark Pit), I can't wait to play as Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, MegaMan, Little Mac, Greninja, Charizard on his own, Robin, Villager and Pac-Man, I know I'm going to have a blast creating Mii's like Hank Hill etc. However it was 3 characters away from being perfect in my eyes. Still shell-shocked about there being no Mewtwo......I mean...wow...

Mewter

Smash Master
:(

:150:

R.I.P in Pieces Mewtwo

Hopefully DLC or trolly super-secret content can be a thing.

Last edited:

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked, considering a couple pages back was nothing but unadulterated rage and death threats towards Sakurai.
I'm sorry for you guys that he didn't get in the game. I really wanted K. Rool in. But I'm not blowing a gasket because he didn't make it. It's still going to be a good game, it's still possible to have fun, it looks great.

Naoshi

i never understand the whole "SAKURAI IS BIASED" thing

kid icarus got a clone for a rep, big deal, so did pokemon, zelda, mario, etc at some point

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
There's been this idea floating around that the Wii U version will have a few extra characters that will be free DLC for the 3DS version so that Nintendo can hype up the Wii U version. It's a solid theory in my opinion. Now there is someone on Neogaf claiming that this theory is true and we will be getting Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chorus Men for the Wii U version which you have to link up to the 3DS version to get them on the 3DS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153
This was my prediction exactly, if they dont do this then the Wii U game will get no hype since we will have known all the characters for so long.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You people know what (in my opinion, propably not yours) seems even WORSE than just not getting Mewtwo? We do not even seem to have him as a POKEBALL SUMMON. Like, really? Just a TROPHY again? I mean, while i really love ridley, and if i had to decide i would propably chose him over playable Mewtwo, at least Ridley is confirmed to be in the game in some form. Even if its a pathetic, downscaled,glorified stage hazard that doesn't attack for over 11 seconds (If he isn't DLC/Wii U + free 3DS DLC thingy). At leats i can see him in HD and fight him. With Mewtwo, we don't even seem to get the satisfaction of seeing Mewtwo beat the crap out of our enemies when we unleash his power from a Pokeball. Its sad.

Naoshi

Are you serious? Mewtwo getting a Pokeball summon would kill his chances at getting in as DLC. lol

By the way, we have a Mewtwo trophy? Is this confirmed or are you just assuming?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's over, friends. The dream is dead. Pack it up. Go home.

I had been holding out a bit of hope due to the locked icon on All-Star mode, but now it's over.

This isn't helping me enjoy Lucario, that much is for sure.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
There's been this idea floating around that the Wii U version will have a few extra characters that will be free DLC for the 3DS version so that Nintendo can hype up the Wii U version. It's a solid theory in my opinion. Now there is someone on Neogaf claiming that this theory is true and we will be getting Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chorus Men for the Wii U version which you have to link up to the 3DS version to get them on the 3DS.

Same thing happend with Tekken Tag 2 and look whos co-developing this game. As for Sakurais words on Dlc and cross content, that was back in 2013 things can change, plus hes untrustworthy at this point.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Same thing happend with Tekken Tag 2 and look whos co-developing this game. As for Sakurais words on Dlc and cross content, that was back in 2013 things can change, plus hes untrustworthy at this point.
If he can't be trusted to add 2 of the most requested characters after teasing them, he can't be trusted for anything.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Listen... I'm not angry at clones or anyone else in the roster, but it's just the fact that Mewtwo was the most popular choice to be in smash, has been in smash before, a cut character from the past returned, he had a recent movie, and he's the only Pokemon besides Charizard to have 2 mega evolutions, and also the 2nd most popular Pokemon behind Charizard I believe? Yet somehow STILL didn't make it in that has just pissed me off to no end. Plus supposed teasing, being reduced to NOTHING more than an alternate skin for Greninja and Charizard, along with the other CLONE characters who got reduced to palette swaps when he was ORIGINAL. Maybe there's a Mewtwo trophy in there too, who freaking cares though?

I just don't know how to even get over this. I love the rest of the roster, I really do. But not including Mewtwo after all of the above is the biggest middle finger I've ever been handed to as a fan of anything. I'm just so mad about this, sorry if I'm possibly blinded to other logical explanations as to why he's not in, or if there is still a sliver of hope left for him but this felt like the finishing blow... Fml.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Are you serious? Mewtwo getting a Pokeball summon would kill his chances at getting in as DLC. lol

By the way, we have a Mewtwo trophy? Is this confirmed or are you just assuming?
Sorry that you misunderstood. I was talking purely "There will be no DLC, evber, this is all we get", because that is what we KNOW for now. And then its truely a SHAME. And nope there was no Mewtwo Trophy unlocked. Or Ridley for that matter, also no K. Rool. I think i saw Dixie, but i might have just been sleepy and mistook another Kong trophy for her. Also didn'T see any Impa trophy. Well it was the first day, so that says nothing.

Naoshi

I think the a lot of you should calm down and at least hope for the possibility of DLC. Acting like this is not going to do any of us any good.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think the a lot of you should calm down and at least hope for the possibility of DLC. Acting like this is not going to do any of us any good.
Believing text leaks and having false hope in his return won't do us any good either. I'm close to simply calling up a mod to close this thread. That's how pointless all of this is.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Wasn't there a Rythm Heaven Smash run enemy and a Rythm heaven Assist trophy? THis could hint at the whole Wii U exclusive/3DS downloadable character thing being true

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Dude. I am just stating an opinion for a possible outcome here. You are the only one that amkes a huge ruckus out of it.
Also smash run is local only so with no Mewtwo no buy for 3ds...
One of the streams confirmed Smash Run to also be online.

Naoshi

Believing text leaks and having false hope in his return won't do us any good either, I'm close to simply calling up a mod to close this thread.
I wasn't referring to any of the leaks. Just saying DLC itself may be possible, regardless of them. But it is certain better than having a meltdown.

Dude. I am just stating an opinion for a possible outcome here. You are the only one that amkes a huge ruckus out of it.
I was referring to the reactions in general. Some of the reactions in the thread were really out of the line (not yours).

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

Dont want to create false hope...but guys this really makes some sense. Lets wait and see.

Why i believe this?, well because think about it: The WiiU itself has been a mockery in sales compared to he Wii.
The 3ds is by far ninty´s most sold console... so it makes sense to sell the game first in this console for the huge sales. A lot of players will get desperate and maybe buy the 3ds solely for smash, AND THEN buy it for WiiU because it was going to be their main game anyways.

Now...after the hype and characters of the 3ds passes away... whats left for the WiiU sales is practically the scraps, because even when it will be the more polished version... the sales of the consoles will be not there. The sales of smash WiiU will be good... but nothing in comparison with the sales of the more succesfull 3ds console.

Whats the best way to recreate the hype and make people pay attention also to the wiiu version?.. well yes... it will be the aded characters.

Im not saying it WILL happen... but i find it as a good way to try to lift the WiiU sales, which im VERY sure that will be not even close of what Brawl sold. They NEED to do something for the WiiU release.... because at this rate... the 3ds sale will make a serious dent in the WiiU sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom