• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Q/A Topic.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Fatal, is there ever an appropriate time to use the Nikita aside from edgeguarding? Also, do you play with Tap Jump on or off.
Tap jump off.

Generally if you try to use nikita for anything but edge guarding you will get punished.

But one trick I like to do is knock them off a little bit and circle the nikita around pointed at myself baiting a grab then they grab and the missile hits.:)

See 2:59 of this video is a sorta good example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbok37-3XpM

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Crawling on the edge and doing a B move results into THIS Anyway to apply this into the metagame? I've been playing with it for a while and if you Platform cancel and then do this right away it looks like a waveland...

That was posted in the Snake metagame 2011 thread but i would like your thoughts on it

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hrnut! He man :] I think the MU is even personally. Wario can gimp snake easily and get quick kills with waft and snake is snake. I recently just playd atomsk's wario in tourney and it was really hard to beat.
if snake loses the % lead, how does he manage to come back?

So Fatal

Smash Master
Crawling on the edge and doing a B move results into THIS Anyway to apply this into the metagame? I've been playing with it for a while and if you Platform cancel and then do this right away it looks like a waveland...

That was posted in the Snake metagame 2011 thread but i would like your thoughts on it
no idea lol.

HRNUT I thought you quit lol

And when I lose to percent lead by a lot I camp wicked hard and if it's only a little I'll try to trade damage

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've heard the BBR is removing the LGL for everyone but MK, what are some good strategies against planking? most of my ledge game with snake is just trying to prevent them from getting back on safely, idk so much about what if they don't even try aside from hiding behind a mine and using a slow nikita but I think some characters can beat that pretty easily

So Fatal

Smash Master
ahh planking is really hard to deal, I havn't got seriously planked in tourney yet but I think the only thing against it is good names and side b. Trying a bair stage spike could work but is risky.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Aganist planking... Never go for the Bair spike its too obvious,just give them their space and camp hard from the other side.
Plankers just want you to get mad and punish your mad but stupid attempts to stop them.

It's like a school bully if they don't get the reaction they want from you they will stop.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Plankers just want you to get mad and punish your mad but stupid attempts to stop them.
here I was under the impression that they wanted the clock to hit zero, good to know that if I just ignore them they'll stop doing it and come up and fight me!

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
here I was under the impression that they wanted the clock to hit zero, good to know that if I just ignore them they'll stop doing it and come up and fight me!
Sorry i phrased it wrong i mean thats one of their reasons but i also said that you need to camp hard with projectiles... Like seriously if you drop off and Bair them you are asking to die or get 80%

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Eventually they have to come up...

@Wilmenz unless u notice a pattern then make a plan, and you can land bair. I've done it to good mk's :p

in regards with planking just plant a c4 on the edge and try and time your nades to blow upright over the edge or right after they drop off the ledge. One time a pit was running away from me by gliding under the all the time. So on his next glide under i pulled a nade and timed it right so that I stripped the nade right after it went past the ledge and just as he was coming up it blew up and stage spiked him. One of my favorite kills ever.

So Fatal

Smash Master
in regards with planking just plant a c4 on the edge and try and time your nades to blow upright over the edge or right after they drop off the ledge. One time a pit was running away from me by gliding under the all the time. So on his next glide under i pulled a nade and timed it right so that I stripped the nade right after it went past the ledge and just as he was coming up it blew up and stage spiked him. One of my favorite kills ever.
I have done this also. **** ^.^

So Fatal

Smash Master
What do you feel are your 3 best MUs and can you give some general advice on how to play each of them?
Best three MUs are = Game and Watch, King dedede and MK

Game and watch is just nade spam shield the dumb bair perfectly to grab then kill. vs D3 you need to camp extra hard when the game ends you should of only been CG'd a total of three times or less. Same deal with MK, camp hard, shield nado to punish and dair punish if you think you can nail it. guaranteed kill at 130+ with dash out of grab.

How do you beat a campy and grab happy Olimar?
I'm still not that great at this MU but I have been learning. You need to avoid the spammy pikman at all costs espically if it's a white one. Perfect time nades are critcal and don't approach the olimar untill your above 30% or more because if you get grabbed under that it's a very easy 40 percent combo for the olimar(Grab to upsmash to upair.) You need to be very patient to win this mu.

and Yoshi is very annoying LOL

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Fatal, was there ever a point where when you were a mid-level player and you've felt like you've hit a plateau? If so how did you get past that and become the dominant player that you are now?

So Fatal

Smash Master
Fatal, was there ever a point where when you were a mid-level player and you've felt like you've hit a plateau? If so how did you get past that and become the dominant player that you are now?
Yea there was definitely a time where that happened.. I fell into a slump and only started placing 5th and 7th for a span of 4-5ish tournaments. To get past it I just watched a lot of videos, playd a lot of WiFi and went into tournaments with more confidence and a better attitude and started to do a lot better. :reverse:

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Great advice! I think that will help alot of us!

Also, I heard you are hosting the Smash Tournament for Anime Boston, can you have it either on Friday or early Saturday? Last year it ran mad late and through alot of cool events.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
1. do you think snake needs a secondary to be successful at tourneys in the long run?
2. what do you think would be the best secondary for snake? (except mk obvsly)

*edit
3. you mentioned before, that you watched a lot of videos to get better.
what exactly did u take into account when watching them? usually im a learning by doing type, so i feel like watching videos doesnt really help me improving. so some indications would be really appreciated.

i also want to thank you very much, for answering my earlier questions. you already helped a lot. ur doing great work!

mikeray4

Smash Ace
i s4w that you beat TV's MK in game 3 pretty go0d awhile b4ck and it seemed like u were pr0 in tha MU, coud u help out a strugegling play3r in a MU tat he cant understnd? I need tips fr0m s0meone wh0 is pr0.

So Fatal

Smash Master
where do u cp mk and why? what makes it easier for snake or gayer for mk?
I Always CP to PKS1 No matter what. I think it's a really really good stage for snake. Long stage, good for camping and platforms for explosives. and stage formation camping is really easy to side B for percent or kills haha

Which mu do you find the most annoying (separate from your worst mu)?
Diddy is amazingly annoying for me. His side b grab pissses me off hard and tripping from the bananas. Ahhh soo annoying. I think it might be my 2nd to worst MU for me personally.

1. do you think snake needs a secondary to be successful at tourneys in the long run?
2. what do you think would be the best secondary for snake? (except mk obvsly)

*edit
3. you mentioned before, that you watched a lot of videos to get better.
what exactly did u take into account when watching them? usually im a learning by doing type, so i feel like watching videos doesnt really help me improving. so some indications would be really appreciated.

i also want to thank you very much, for answering my earlier questions. you already helped a lot. ur doing great work!
I think a good secondary to snake besides mk is IC's. It can cover some bad MUs for snake. If you can get good enough I don't think you need a secondary.

When watching videos to improve versus entertainment can be hard. Try this, if you see someone getting into a situation in a video and you struggle in that same situation, see what they do to get out of it. If you keep getting CG'd by D3 see what there doing to not get grabbed. Pick up on small things like that and it can really help you out.

How do you get better at tech chasing?
This is hard because everyone opponent is different. Try to pick up on what they do after 1-2 grabs and punish the next. If your unsure on what there going to do then as soon as you down throw turn around and shield that will cover left roll, get up and get up attack. Habits mostly plays a big role in this. Good luck :D

napZzz

Smash Hero
heres my question

why are other people answering things for you in the fatal q/a. Also, how do you feel snake should be using spot dodges/rolls, I feel like its an important part of his game but its difficult to use them without putting yourself in bad spots vs. good players, however you seem to get away with it pretty well somehow.....<_<

Top Bottom