• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Q/A Topic.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
heres my question

why are other people answering things for you in the fatal q/a. Also, how do you feel snake should be using spot dodges/rolls, I feel like its an important part of his game but its difficult to use them without putting yourself in bad spots vs. good players, however you seem to get away with it pretty well somehow.....<_<
Avoid using them on instinct/habit, so use spot dodge and roll unpredictably, sometimes a predictable roll is worth it to get yourself out of a really bad spot even if it means getting punished (near the ledge at low percents).

FoolHater

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to show the hitboxes of Snake's "Weapon/Projectile" Moves?

I went to "Guide VR Training: A Guide to Using Solid Snake", which listed every hitbox excluding the Grenades (although the creator did mention their hitboxes are huge), Nikita, C4, Cypher (UpB, lol) Land Mine (Dsmash), and the Mortar's Rocket (projectile of the Usmash).

The thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268454

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
lots of ppl talk about conditioning.
do you actively try to condition ppl, or do you just play your game?
if so could you give an example of conditioning? its a pretty rough term to me.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
small example: when you're on the ledge, roll when you come back. do this enough times so that they get used to it and when you think they've caught onto your "habit" come onto the ledge with a ledge attack. this is the simplest example i can think of, but they get more and more complex depending on how advanced you and your opponent are. For example, there's really no point in trying to condition a really bad player because they wont catch onto what you're trying to teach you, making the endeavour pointless. while in really advanced play, you can condition them with much more complicated "habits."

Mike2

Smash Ace
Any tips vs Sonic?

We have like 3 in my area(including Espy) and I've been losing to them. Lost to a sonic last 3 tournaments I've attended.

Any tips vs Sonic?

We have like 3 in my area(including Espy) and I've been losing to them. Lost to a sonic last 3 tournaments I've attended.
Sonic has no priority. He is so fast, he is hard to aim.
You can abuse these things against him.

I do not know it is sort of hard to explain. Typically when a sonic main uses an attack, they are typically stuck in goint for a particular spot. So, if you stay active in moving about, it throws off their aim. And if you can catch him in the laggy attacks, you can punish him. You have nades, so you really never have to approach sonic. You have to push him into coming at you, then being out of the way when he decides to attack.

So typically, go for the lagless moves. If you want to throw out an attack, jab is good. Retreating pivot grabs are good. I always try to avoid sonic and let him approach me and attack only after he did an attack.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Sonic has no priority. He is so fast, he is hard to aim.
You can abuse these things against him.

I do not know it is sort of hard to explain. Typically when a sonic main uses an attack, they are typically stuck in goint for a particular spot. So, if you stay active in moving about, it throws off their aim. And if you can catch him in the laggy attacks, you can punish him. You have nades, so you really never have to approach sonic. You have to push him into coming at you, then being out of the way when he decides to attack.

So typically, go for the lagless moves. If you want to throw out an attack, jab is good. Retreating pivot grabs are good. I always try to avoid sonic and let him approach me and attack only after he did an attack.
Machine jab ftw. You can lob nades then machine jab then boost pivot grab any approach. Its so lulzy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just wanna get this out of the way:

Sonic has priority.
Get that 2008 misconception out of your head, first.

What he DOESN'T have, is range.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Fatal who is worse olimar or mk? I don't find olimar anywhere near as bad as mk. And neither do ppl i talk to yet some still say hes like 65:35

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ally didn't seem like he had much exp in that mu at all. At least in the top of the game. He didn't capitalize on certain situations and take advantage of them.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
he didn't but in reality, the mu is terrible.

olimar does well against those he can outcamp, and against though who only approach from the ground.

snake fits in both of those categories.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
he didn't but in reality, the mu is terrible.

olimar does well against those he can outcamp, and against though who only approach from the ground.

snake fits in both of those categories.
Our jab beats out his grab so solidly though...and our dtilt. And we can jab to grab to tech chase for uuber loads of dmg. The olis think its closer to even. And ik razer said he didnt think it was that bad. Hmmm~idk

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Dunno about you, but I can't punish 12 frame attacks on reaction...

SPaced really can't be punished, either.

Your best chance us to camp him, and this is really difficult.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Life is mega busy right now but I finally got a chance to update this. :]

What's your opinion of snake vs wario?
I think snake wins pretty good in this MU. I just recently lost to Malcom twice in one tournament and know the mistakes I made. Don't spam Dacus or you get waft'd lolz. Playing very campy helps because I noticed I was doing much better camping but I am way to lazy to camp. Need to work on that.:)

heres my question

why are other people answering things for you in the fatal q/a. Also, how do you feel snake should be using spot dodges/rolls, I feel like its an important part of his game but its difficult to use them without putting yourself in bad spots vs. good players, however you seem to get away with it pretty well somehow.....<_<
It's ok if others throw some input in:) Also, I think rolling is very bad for snake, it's easy to predict and long to finish. Spot dodging is pretty good depending on the situation just don't become predictable or else your looking at a hard punish.:reverse:

Is there a way to show the hitboxes of Snake's "Weapon/Projectile" Moves?

I went to "Guide VR Training: A Guide to Using Solid Snake", which listed every hitbox excluding the Grenades (although the creator did mention their hitboxes are huge), Nikita, C4, Cypher (UpB, lol) Land Mine (Dsmash), and the Mortar's Rocket (projectile of the Usmash).

The thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268454
Ughh not sure on that one. Not a big frame data/hit box guy.

What should a new snake like me learn/practice?
Good grenade control for sure. Spacing and stages/setups.

Not too sure about this. What exactly do you mean? I think I just play my game though. :]

Hey fatal what's your favorite color? :D
Red

Any tips vs Sonic?

Damn. I barley play sonics but I recently beat KID at Pound 5. Playing very camp helps I think. Avoid obvious spin dash attacks and that upthrow upair non sense.

Fatal, teach me how to love :(
but you already love me so what are you trying to pull?:reverse:

Fatal who is worse olimar or mk? I don't find olimar anywhere near as bad as mk. And neither do ppl i talk to yet some still say hes like 65:35

For me and a lot other top snakes Olimar is definitely worse. I would rather fight MK's all day then Olimar. It's just a very annoying MU and not fun at all.

Are those comments related to each other respectively? Do they fit for both questions? What are you suggesting at what?

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Fatal, when you camp, do you vary the way you throw out your grenades depending on the character and stage? I can be campy with Snake, but I find that I usually use the same nade throw setups. Just how important is it to vary your setups mid-game?

Top Bottom