• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
YOUR drive was 23 hours. There's wasn't You can ***** if you want. He can't. 6 hours is nothing. Its ~4 hours from my town to chicago, and I go a lot farther most of the time when I drive. Don't ***** about driving. Only makes you look like a tool beacuse if you were gonna ***** about it, don't go. SIMPLE!!!!

First things first. The curcuit gives points to people in a 32 man bracket, not a 64 man bracket. As much fun as it would be to have a 64 man bracket, it would contridict the curcuit points.

Next, if 4 out of the seven people who came from iowa got put into another pool with another iowan, that means that only 2 pools had 2 iowans. That is not a lot. I KNOW FOR A FACT that WI had loads of people from other parts of WI put into their bracket. Hell, Cosmo and Bil were in the same pool, and they live LITERALLY 2 minutes from eachother. So 2 people had to play eachother in another pool. Cry some more.

As for those 3 random people playing eachother first, thats just how brackets are made. That will happen to at least one person in brackets at any tourney. It happens. It just happened to be you this time. You can't blame WI for this.

Speaking of blaming WI, you shouldn't judge people based off of what happened in a bracket/pool/your mind. **** happens. Eighteen Spikes is one of the best TO's around, and has been doing this for a long time. Quit *****es. Seriously.

One last thing,

If you didn't suck, more of you would have made it out of pools. You can't get "screwed" in pools. How you place is how you place. Only YOU can decide if you make it out. BY PLAYING BETTER! HOLY CRAP! NOVEL CONCEPT! Its actually simple math.

Doing Better + Not Sucking = Better placing.

HOLY **** CRY MOAR PLZ K THANKS!

You are from Nebraska. You are the second most useless state in this country.

Punctuation might have helped me here, but reading this, you are saying people going to WI to play smash is rediculous. If so, then why the **** did you come from ****ing TEXAS?!?!

but man, I have to hand it to you. Ridiculous is a big word to be used by someone from Texas. GG I suppose.

People should not *****. What happens happens. Nothing can be modified to fit everyones exact needs. Just because you traveled a little doesn't mean you should all be garunteed a spot in the bracket.

EXTREME SHOUTOUT!

Lain and Rofa were toooooo fun to chill with this weekend. Good **** lain for ******.
^ this is why Zicore is too good. I <3 Zicore.

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
people who complain about something as trivial as playing someone from their own state are seriously idiotic. in both my singles and doubles pools there were many people from wisconsin in each. now, if it's only one state throughout, i'm sure that will be changed, but otherwise, get over it. If you're going to ***** that you came to play some new competition, play some friendlies. usually, people won't turn down a match. i'm tired of people blaming their own shortcomings on others just because they are unable to comprehend how tournaments are run.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wow, Wisconsin players are so defensive lol

Overall from what I've read, it sounds like the pools and brackets weren't seeded correctly at all.

Too bad. I had high hopes for this tournament.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Greaterthanbonds9 thanks for making a point, were u at Fbt6, lol
...no, but i tried (my parents aren't letting me miss baseball practice) and i just got a job!

so yeah, i wanted to

but it's not like i have to be there to know that that dude is overreacting and that spikes and wafles are tight dudes along with most of WI

--especially since i know that outside of some chicken bones fbt4 was run smoother than butter

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
shut up, you can't make everyone happy and wafles is right if you suck at the game and drive that far you shouldn't complain when you don't make it out of pools. (i learned the hard way that you shouldn't fool around in pools.)
You don't need to tell me about fooling around in pools. It messes everything up.

Of course WI people are going to play other WI people, they made up the majority of the tourney.

Jake is Razor and he is in charge of transportation to pretty much every tourney we go to, that included Beezos. Jake might not have so much a right to compare skill levels but he at least knows what he is talking about, and he did place top 8.

LoneJedi, I assumed it because I did have evidence but I never said anything about it in this thread, because thats it. They're just assumptions. Also, no one would complain about time issues because we obviously had enough time for doubles pools.

If you don't want people complaining about your tourney then just hold an even better one next time. Stop freaking out about who should be thankful when we all put in the effort to make this a good event. One, by showing up and two, asc and Razor were making suggestions. No one asked for the tourney to be run exactly the way we wanted it to, but considering we did add money to the pot and paid for stuff it means he doesn't have to stay silent when he believes things could've been run better.

I would like to take this post to thank Wafles and EighteenSpikes for holding the tourney. I'ma take a hint from Inferno and chill out now.

Wafles

Smash Lord

Overall from what I've read, it sounds like the pools and brackets weren't seeded correctly at all.

Too bad. I had high hopes for this tournament.
The pools were seeded as fairly as we could, and the bracket was seeded based on the pools results. If you have any questions don't take it from an outside source, ask them to the guy who ran it and set up the TIO stuff.

If you have anything else:
AIM: XxPhantasyHeroxX

Edit: Aerox you are such a gentleman. =)

Bil

Smash Ace
Shoutouts in a bit the tourney was great. Though I didn't like sleeping there. Next overnight tourney, I'm staying at Grimace's or Hunger's or whatever. I need atleast a couch, or something cushiony. That was the ONLY thing I didn't like.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ok, Wisconsin people are way defensive.

To clarify:

Razor = Jakebudden

Thank you Spikes and Waffles for hosting. Awesome venue, sweet Pepsi sponsorship. I went over the top saying it was run awful. I was voicing the concerns we spoke about on our journey home. I don't remember writing about how hard brackets were but whatever. My biggest qualm is that it seemed that the concerns we took to the hosts were ignored when other's concerns were being addressed. I realize people play each other from the same state but everyone has to agree that the Missouri situation was ridiculous right? All three of them have to play within 2 rounds, and they were ignored. As for driving distances, I wasn't complaining about how far we drove. I was trying to further my point that it was unfortunate that after driving for 6-9 hours our concerns were seemingly ignored.

But my johns and complaints are now over.

I had no right to bash WI's skill level, because many of them are better than I am. I heard several people putting down Iowa's skill so I felt I needed to retaliate.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Shoutouts in a bit the tourney was great. Though I didn't like sleeping there. Next overnight tourney, I'm staying at Grimace's or Hunger's or whatever. I need atleast a couch, or something cushiony. That was the ONLY thing I didn't like.
you should've brought a sleeping bag or something, also there were lots of couches outside the rooms where people were sleeping, there were a few still available when I went to bed at 5.

Wafles

Smash Lord
spikes wont be hosting another brawl tournament, no one showed up and the people who did complained that it sucked.
Yeah, this was more or less expected. For an event like this, the turnout was terrible, and people had no reason to miss it (we posted this thread 4, almost 5 months ago). The event changed slightly, but the dates didn't, and people just didn't come for no good reason.

Brawl is disappointing in the serious lack of people willing to travel for it, but it's a young game.

I will work on hosting a good brawl tournament again this summer, but I'll probably have to work out all the kinks myself this time. =\

And to Iowa, sorry we ignored your bracket issues, but it had to happen to someone.
The only changes we made to the bracket was that the expected top 4 people were all right next to each other on the bracket, which was pretty silly.

john!

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to everyone I played matches with (bad with names, sorry). Wafles, Ethan, Hunger, Cosmo, 18Spikes, Phil, Grimace, Scythe, Sago, Black Hayate, and some others I probably forgot. I kinda bailed out of Brawl since I didn't make it out of pools (these were the best players around after all) but playing Melee with you guys was a blast. This was my first Smash tourney and I pretty much never get to face good players, so I got better just by playing friendlies. Congrats to Lain and Cosmo for winning the tourneys. Also OOK, your DK is monstrous lol.

BTW, we need more people repping Peach/Puff in the MW. :p

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hey its me CBK(pika)to much drama on this thread...>_< but yea thanks 18 and wafles for holding this...my first OoS but i wish it was a better turnout i just wana give shoutouts to everyone i played i dont quite remeber much i was half awake most of the time..O_O..but yea Lite was it..dude your awesome it was nice talking with you and keep up the good work and play with that jigs alot you'll get better..^_^

ALSO ill be ready for any falco's next MWC...lol

Quik17

Smash Ace
Great tourney. 18spikes and Wafles did an awesome job. I'll post some shout outs in the results thread once it's up.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The pools were seeded as fairly as we could, and the bracket was seeded based on the pools results. If you have any questions don't take it from an outside source, ask them to the guy who ran it and set up the TIO stuff.
The pools should've been seeded by location as much as possible. Then, the brackets should've been seeded by location then pool results.

Not seeding by location before pool results was the biggest mistake made.

Wafles

Smash Lord
The pools should've been seeded by location as much as possible. Then, the brackets should've been seeded by location then pool results.

Right, next time we'll just throw location around and have really good people play each other right away to **** up the placing.

No, the way we did this was the most fair, and if some OoS people had to play each other they can get over it. They had pools with at least 5 other people from a different area then them, they have nothing to complain about. All I'm seeing is complaining just for the sake of complaining.

so....whens that melee tourney...
I think spikes said June? =D

ook

Smash Lord
The only changes we made to the bracket was that the expected top 4 people were all right next to each other on the bracket, which was pretty silly.
Who were the expected top 4? Just curious....

Shoutouts later probably :)
Really fun tourney.

I slept on a chair, and it was much comfier than the couch I sleep on at home. :lick:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Right, next time we'll just throw location around and have really good people play each other right away to **** up the placing.
Um, no. I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The way its supposed to be done is have TIO seed everyone who made it out of pools by location in the brackets, then go in and manually seed people fairly by pool results to avoid any situation where top pool-placers are forced to play each other early.

No, the way we did this was the most fair, and if some OoS people had to play each other they can get over it. They had pools with at least 5 other people from a different area then them, they have nothing to complain about. All I'm seeing is complaining just for the sake of complaining.
From what you're telling me it seems like you're not very experienced as a TO.

Its alright though; mistakes like this are always learned from.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman

The way its supposed to be done is have TIO seed everyone who made it out of pools by location in the brackets, then go in and manually seed people fairly by pool results to avoid any situation where top pool-placers are forced to play each other early.

Wtf? You're telling him to organize the brackets by location and then seeds then u tell him seeds than bracket, simple solution, stop your *****ing or host your own tournament and get the hell over it

Also in your 2nd quote there is a flaw since if you do it that way people in the same pool will play again. . . b4 you post it and make me type again

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wtf? You're telling him to organize the brackets by location and then seeds then u tell him seeds than bracket, simple solution
Step 1: Separate pools as evenly as possible by location and skill level.
Step 2: After pools, create a bracket in TIO seeded by location.
Step 3: After seeding the bracket by location, manually seed the bracket that was just made by pool results while keeping locations separated.

Understand?

Stop your *****ing or host your own tournament and get the hell over it
lol I'm not *****ing, just observing.

We already did. NO KOAST's brackets were seeded correctly (the way stated above) and was run very well with no complaints :)

Also in your 2nd quote there is a flaw since if you do it that way people in the same pool will play again. . . b4 you post it and make me type again
How so? I don't see your reasoning behind this.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
If you do it by locations and then by seeds to make sure that there are no same states in the same part of the early bracket there would more than likely be people from same pools playing unless there are like 1 person per state

Wafles

Smash Lord

Yeah, if we would've split them up, then people from the same city in WI would've played each other instead or something. Not everything can be perfect, it's the nature of the system. We tried, and mishaps happen, this was by no means anything out of the ordinary, it's just getting *****ed about a lot for no good reason.

If you don't think I'm an experienced TO, I don't really care. I thought this went pretty well aside from whatever *****ing is going on right now. Everything was super smooth except for pools on friday, but that ended up working out anyway.

I don't want anything to do with brawl circuits from now on. Too much drama, I'd rather just have fun. Circuits are way too serious.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Too Defensive? I'm sorry, but insulting the state of WI, and making a few friendly suggestions are two completely different things. You came here and insulted the whole state several times, there were no suggestions. I'm sorry if you expected everyone to react nicely after "elitist pricks" was said.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
I know im going to regret this, but i believe that there are some "elitest pricks" in the MW, not directed towards and wisconights

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If you do it by locations and then by seeds to make sure that there are no same states in the same part of the early bracket there would more than likely be people from same pools playing unless there are like 1 person per state
Really? That's strange; we ran pools this way at NO KOAST and this didn't happen. Oh well lol

Yeah, if we would've split them up, then people from the same city in WI would've played each other instead or something. Not everything can be perfect, it's the nature of the system. We tried, and mishaps happen, this was by no means anything out of the ordinary, it's just getting *****ed about a lot for no good reason.

If you don't think I'm an experienced TO, I don't really care. I thought this went pretty well aside from whatever *****ing is going on right now. Everything was super smooth except for pools on friday, but that ended up working out anyway.

I don't want anything to do with brawl circuits from now on. Too much drama, I'd rather just have fun. Circuits are way too serious.
Don't take anything personally dude. As a fellow TO, I was just pointing out little things I saw. I got nothing against you guys and I know you all tried your best. No problems.

Maybe we'll see WI at WHOBO?

Zicore

Smash Champion

You sir, are a ******. Location should never matter in bracket. Why should two people get special treatment if they didn't do well in pools? If there are 8 pools, it should follow a pattern to get everyone into a bracket. What the pattern is, is up to the TO. Otherwise, you should not change people just because they are from the same state.

And don't rebutle, i would ignore it and call you a cockface. Your TO skills disgust me.

You play the most defensive fighting game, yet in a real life discussion, you can't handle people who defend themselves after being verbally attacked. That is failure at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom