• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Pretty new on the scene, just got brawl+ at the weekend. Quite new to swf too so yea a total newby ^_^ I think ill be maining peach but still to mess around with alot of characters so this may change by the minute xD

Was wondering about the different versions of brawl+, I have the PAL nightly build running so how will this affect who i can play and such?

Almas

Smash Lord
The only differences between the PAL and NTSC sets are some of the aesthetic stuff, so you should be able to play online with American players, lag permitting.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
oh, i did.

it was a-mazing. i saw a lot of new players too, ahah...commentary was wicked good.
i loved the part where they mentioned MD/VA taking over the room. they're like a brawl+ tactical force.

they're my favorite region forever, i tell you.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
oh, i did.

it was a-mazing. i saw a lot of new players too, ahah...commentary was wicked good.
i loved the part where they mentioned MD/VA taking over the room. they're like a brawl+ tactical force.

they're my favorite region forever, i tell you.

TX was there repping.

Dojo and Hylian on B+ son.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Where the heck is BtL?

Toasty, I am the designer of JCaesar's sig. If you can find and/or take a good snapshot of your favorite pose (maybe doing his "Here I come!" taunt?), I'd be more than happy to make one :)

(I need to finish GoG's sig, too >_>)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
GofG? Ness player from North Carolina? I claim priority over that doood! jkjk first come first serve :)

Yeah I know I wanna include someone else but I haven't played enough Brawl+ to really figure out who I'm comfortable with. Right now my other choices are:

Captain Space Ghost
Shy Guy Toon Link
Professor Chaos/Milhouse Lucas
SEXY SNOW WHITE PEACH omg I'm dumb for black/dark haired white girls >_>
PEDOCHU LMAO what an amazing texture
Matrix ROB

...okay I'll stop before this turns into too much spam XD

was there an official decision about bringing back the property of Ganon/Falcon upB-grabs giving you your double jump back? It'd bring back a great team save, among other things :)

IC3R

Smash Lord
GofG? Ness player from North Carolina? I claim priority over that doood! jkjk first come first serve :)
............not quite.
I meant goodoldganon...

Yeah I know I wanna include someone else but I haven't played enough Brawl+ to really figure out who I'm comfortable with. Right now my other choices are:

[snip]
Make a decision soon.

But yeah, where and when is BtL? I want to go to at least one good tourney. (The first and only one I've been to played with items...I lost to a Raygun.)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
weird stuff? [not being condescending] do you not know what I'm referring to?

Well for you or anyone else who doesn't know, in Melee [yea yea this isn't Melee 2.0..or 0.5..whatever], when C.Falcon or Ganon upB's and grabs you, if you had already used your second jump, you have now regained it. I thought it was sweet and no one in the Melee community seemed to have beef with the property...just curious as to whether this will be considered for B+ :)

and IC3R, I'll make a decision very soon. Thank you very much for the offer...and glad it's not GofG XD [jkz if you see this, <3<3<3]

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
weird stuff? [not being condescending] do you not know what I'm referring to?

Well for you or anyone else who doesn't know, in Melee [yea yea this isn't Melee 2.0..or 0.5..whatever], when C.Falcon or Ganon upB's and grabs you, if you had already used your second jump, you have now regained it. I thought it was sweet and no one in the Melee community seemed to have beef with the property...just curious as to whether this will be considered for B+ :)

and IC3R, I'll make a decision very soon. Thank you very much for the offer...and glad it's not GofG XD [jkz if you see this, <3<3<3]
I hated this mechanic, actually, since it helped your opponent recover more than it helped you. And have you even tested if it's in the game, already? It may have actually been restored as a result of the grab fix code, which gives you your dj back even if you don't touch the ground when you're grabbed.

@Neko: Nice job reading, again! He's talking about returning the opponent's jump.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah I remembered testing it last week and it didn't work..........................but I'll admit that it was like 3AM so my mind was pretty fuzzy >_>

also I reallly hope you can make it so that Peach can grab the edge from behind while using the parasol! ^_^

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Beyond the Limit takes place in Philly this Saturday, the 16th.

Get Hyped

NY's gonna plow right through this tournament. (trash talk, oh snap)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Beyond the Limit takes place in Philly this Saturday, the 16th.

Get Hyped

NY's gonna plow right through this tournament. (trash talk, oh snap)
I was going to make a comment along the lines of how NYC has nothing on the upstate, but then I came to a sad realization of how the city beats out us upstate in the Smash scene and in pure politics of the state... T_T

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how pretty much anyone can gimp another with a fair offstage. GO BRAWL+!

Plus, I just can't keep away since I got my Rikku FFX-2 texture for ZSS <3

IC3R

Smash Lord
Dammit, why does everything have to happen on pre-planned days?! I have two birthday parties to attend X__X

This is a nuisance.........what tourney is after that one?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
HAHA. Gooood stuff, Zxeon!

I was going to make a comment along the lines of how NYC has nothing on the upstate, but then I came to a sad realization of how the city beats out us upstate in the Smash scene and in pure politics of the state... T_T
Hate to say it, but you're right; NYC and LI are completely separate entities from Upstate NY smash.

But notice how I just said "NY", so you're more than welcome to join us in taking BtL by storm. :)

Dammit, why does everything have to happen on pre-planned days?! I have two birthday parties to attend X__X

This is a nuisance.........what tourney is after that one?
I've no clue on the next plus-exclusive tournament... someone's gotta get moving on organizing another one. You really should come to this, though. It's gonna be too good.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
i probably wont be playing online untill this semester/finals week is over, but i would like you to add my code in the mean time. as far as mains go, im probably best with pit, but i enjoy playing as pretty much every character on the roster. and my location is california if that means anything, it seems like there are a lot of east coasters on this thread.

Top Bottom