• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination: Workshop General social thread

5ive

Smash Champion
LOL. Fix'd.

btw, you should check out how the other article's get their humor from, and make the Brawl+ page with similar taste.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Ahahahaha, WHAT?!
I dont know what to make of this, but it is funny at first glance. XD This definately should have been in the Social Thread for the lulz.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I don't know, I'd find it a lot more funny if people stopped inserting memes into it. Things aren't funny when they're 95% meme and 5% content.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I think you could really fix some grammar and spelling issues (not talking about the intentionally misspelt words, I'm talking about the unclosed bracket, random non-capitalised words such as Melee and Chuck Norris, and other minor points).

That, and Uncyclopedia articles really do need to be funnier, sorry.

The plural of retina is retinae.
Your right. i was suspicious of all of those but it had no spell check.
Anyways, sorry if it pisses anybody off for some reason, i just thought i'd throw it out there to edit and I couldn't find the social thread

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm a ninja like that.

The results of Beyond the Limit (the first Brawl+ only tournie, run by Chibo) are out!
Link

Doubles (16 Entrants)

1: Masturbation Association Annihilation (GuruKid + Blackanese) ($96.00)
2: Your Face For Dinner (MexiMadnez + RyokoYaksa) ($48.00)
3: Tacos of Calamitous Death (NinjaLink + AndyG) ($16.00)
4: JTUSM (JCaesar + TUSM)
5: The Stolen Frosty of Justice (ChiboSempai + Vex Kasrani)
5: Brandon Mother ****ers (Turbogilman + Steve Harrison)
7: Zansatsu - It's What We Do (Lord Knight + Spammer)
7: Almas Likes Trouser Snake (The Cape + Shanus)
9: Night Elf Sausages (Silven + Basic Sausage)
9: The Mustard of Hazard (Shortline + Yeroc)
9: We Bless The Rains In Georgia (Beat + Africa)
9: The Count of Muppet Treasure Island (Gonzo + Count Kaiser)
13: Team Turkey (Ruckus + Goon)
13: **** Yo' Couch (Ruidz + Truth)
13: I Don't Know (Zozma + Shell)
13: Kings of Poor Imagination (Krazz + HND)

Singles (41 Entrants)

1: AndyG ($280.00)
2: MexiMadnez ($80.00)
3: Spammer ($40.00)
4: Vex Kasrani
5: Gonzo
5: NinjaLink
7: GuruKid
7: The Cape
9: Truth
9: JCaesar
9: Ryoko
9: Turbogilman
13: Basic Sausage
13: Shanus
13: Thunderhorse
13: Count Kaiser
17: Rush
17: Lord Knight
17: ChiboSempai
17: Shortline
17: Silven
17: Steve Harrison
17: TUSM
17: Phillyrider
25: Krazz
25: Ebo
25: Zozma
25: CMP
25: Naza
25: Africa
25: Yeroc
25: Cylf
33: Shell
33: Flizzz
33: Celus
33: Bakuryu
33: Bolt
33: HND
33: Ruidz
33: Goon
33: Ruckus

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This is in the social thread. I don't know what you're talking about.
I clicked on the social thread to see what new posts were here, and saw a whole bunch of things about the unencyclopedia thing and got so confused about what I clicked on XD

The livestream was awesome from BtL. Great job from AndyG, I wish there was more Olimar **** in the grand finals, but winners was SEXY with that comeback and zero death. The Falcon dittos were great too though :p

Truth's commentary was great, and Chibo is too smart and knows way more then he should >_>

GG Brawl+ community. Are awesomeness level increases every day.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
^ lrn2OOS when of the appropriate age

or

start up a scene

:3

and BtL was awesome. I saw all of doubles, but had to leave the stream at the start of singles. Watching Grand finals now.

jalued

Smash Lord
hey add me for this, can u make a EUROPE section? or will we wait till we have NTSC and PAL working properly together (as in a version with exactly the same modifications)

im NTSC though: 0989 1661 6859

Almas

Smash Lord
Out of shield

Oh wait, that totally doesn't apply in this situation.

Oh! Anyone feel like making a thread? "You must DI!", which lists the most annoying combos that some simple DI/timing will get you out of? Like Ivysaur's DThrow. Would be very helpful to reduce the clutter of people exclaiming that something is overpowered.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I second that request. It would be quite helpful, especially considering the number of people that complain about "combos" like ivy's dthrow>uair, chaingrabs, falcon's dthrow>knee, etc.

jalued

Smash Lord
yeah i 4th that idea, very useful. another example is sheiks dthrow. this is also really needed in brawl+ compared to vbrawl,. since DI is so much more important and tbh, vbrawl has made us all lazy with DI

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
GHNeko, would you kindly define OOS for me?
I first read it as out of shield too, but I think he means out of state.

As in learn to go out of state whenever you have the ability to :p

Nevermind, beat to it... It's what I get for multitasking.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Ah. I'd do so except that would cost more in travel fare and expenses than I have in expendable income. Ah well, guess I'm left with trying to start a scene. Don't think it'll work, though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ah. I'd do so except that would cost more in travel fare and expenses than I have in expendable income. Ah well, guess I'm left with trying to start a scene. Don't think it'll work, though.

OOS isnt that expensive when you know what to do. If you dont care about travel time, you can easily get cheap fees, and by making friends, *coughregionalthreadcough* you can easily get housing for free, or a retardedly low fee. If you get good enoough, you might even be able to reduce the blow dealt to your wallet ie MM and tourney winnings.

And starting a scene is just about dedication. That's all.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Nice, Truth got 9th.
Skye mah boy. 9th place ain't bad for someone who's been wii-less for 3-4 weeks. Could've done better but then again i had to face f**king Spammer. =p
Truth's commentary was great, and Chibo is too smart and knows way more then he should >_>

GG Brawl+ community. Are awesomeness level increases every day.
lollllll. Glad everybody liked my commentary...me and my husky azz voice lol

Oh and zxeon, soz for gettin your name wrong and sounding like a broken record player tryin to pronounce it LMAO

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I second that request. It would be quite helpful, especially considering the number of people that complain about "combos" like ivy's dthrow>uair, chaingrabs, falcon's dthrow>knee, etc.
What would help better than a new thread is a DI Combo Vid lol

GuruKid

Smash Ace
What would help better than a new thread is a DI Combo Vid lol
With the name "DI for Dummies". Really, people just need to actually set some time for practicing different DI options for different moves.

Scratch that... train so that it's less "practiced" but rather "muscle-memory, burned-into-your-brain" status.

On another note... Someone host another tournaament, por favor. (looks at Chiiiiiibo!)

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm actually working on a guide that covers the simple overreactions about characters, CGs, and among other "stupid" things people think works.

It'll be awhile though.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I am going to host a Brawl+ tourney sometime in mid-late June. After taking + to about 6 tourneys so far and playing with others in the sidelines, I am taking the next step!

(I reside in S. Cali, Newport Beach, area code 92660, so if anyone lives nearby that already heads up!)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
For SoCal, I plan on hosting a Brawl tournament (with people bringing setups) and my setup will be strictly for Brawl+ friendlies, just to get it out there more.

If things go well we can except some Brawl+ tourneys in SoCal

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
For SoCal, I plan on hosting a Brawl tournament (with people bringing setups) and my setup will be strictly for Brawl+ friendlies, just to get it out there more.

If things go well we can except some Brawl+ tourneys in SoCal
Where do you live, and when?

Sukai

Smash Champion
I want to host an all out Smash tournament.
Melee
Brawl
Brawl+
and 64 friendlies.
It'll be pretty small because of time constraints. If I can get a few things done, it'd be slightly bigger.

Top Bottom