• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Summer Tournament - Miami, FL August 9th, 2008 (RESULTS POSTED)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Wait..so we only have one hour for doubles? And...the ppl who already registered are on the RSVP list or we must get there before 63 other ppl.

Edit: GALAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, we gotta play some pika dittoes dude. Maybe we can do double pika team if you don't have a partner.
yes ESAM, but with the start time, we will have to run both doubles and singles at the same time... but I can push for singles to start later pending how many teams are registered.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Yeah, if FIU will allow it, I think there should be more people allowed to come. If anything we can fake a 64 man bracket to give to them to show only 64 people played.
We can't fake it since it's that gameroom's coordinator that usually keeps the money for security purposes.

ill be mad impressed if 64 people show up

Lambchops you wanna team for this?
Although 8-bit is new to tournament hosting, be aware that every FIU tournament has had an attendance of 60-100 people.

Wait..so we only have one hour for doubles? And...the ppl who already registered are on the RSVP list or we must get there before 63 other ppl.

Edit: GALAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, we gotta play some pika dittoes dude. Maybe we can do double pika team if you don't have a partner.
This only means that at some point, singles and doubles will be running simultaneously.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
aight we'll team since we been trying to team for weeks. If I was **** and like to ditch people I would team with you lol I dont ditch people for other skilled players anyway I dont get down like that. I team with whoever wants to team with me first. if colbol is not there at least.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Man now it seems like a lot of people are coming to this. I hope FIU doesn't ***** out and kick a whole bunch people out. FIU can be an excellent place to have a tourny, there are just so many rules. Maybe in later tourneys this will change because god knows SFL needs a spot to have tourneys.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
lol equi/chops are gonna wreck doubles. this im serious about.

and im gonna win : /

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
we can have more than 64 we just gotta have good communication like people will have to sit outside waiting for matches or some crap or in another room setup with a wii(a covert room of course) ya know what im sayin we aint gotta let the man hold us down LOL just be ready to hideout from officials

nevershootme

Smash Master
we can have more than 64 we just gotta have good communication like people will have to sit outside waiting for matches or some crap or in another room setup with a wii(a covert room of course) ya know what im sayin we aint gotta let the man hold us down LOL just be ready to hideout from officials
the staff will still go on with time johns...

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I always KIND OF want to enter doubles, but I don't really have as much fun with doubles, so I think I'm only gonna enter if 1) I can find a partner who doesn't take the game that seriously, or 2) it's Gmoney<3

nevershootme

Smash Master
I always KIND OF want to enter doubles, but I don't really have as much fun with doubles, so I think I'm only gonna enter if 1) I can find a partner who doesn't take the game that seriously, or 2) it's Gmoney<3
so how do you definte fun for teams. like pulling off gaytastic tactics?

note: the world may end (though impossible) in 3 days... thanks to physicists in europe working on the LHC

Gingerr

Smash Lord
It's pretty impossible to be "gaytastic" with Zelda or Peach, unless you think upsmashing 2-3 times in a row from 0% on heavy characters is really THAT gay. If you do, you might wanna quit Brawl now.

I play better in singles, there's not 75632964382 things going on that I have to pay attention to.

nevershootme

Smash Master
It's pretty impossible to be "gaytastic" with Zelda or Peach, unless you think upsmashing 2-3 times in a row from 0% on heavy characters is really THAT gay. If you do, you might wanna quit Brawl now.

I play better in singles, there's not 75632964382 things going on that I have to pay attention to.
might as well friendly MM random box for the heck of it, but granted no friendlies is gonna happen since the staff are johning me to run both singles and doubles at the same time...

double zelda dins fire?! muwahahha or neutral b on both ends of pikachu doing thunder.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ey 8bit...put me and HRnut back on the list. theres a slight chance we may be able to make an appearance. more details as i get them

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I will bake a cake and cupcakes and brownies and tons of delicious things for everyone since it's GDX's birthday, if he does come down! It'll be a fun celebration! :D

See? It's nice having a girl in the community, we cook things.

Top Bottom