• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Summer Tournament - Miami, FL August 9th, 2008 (RESULTS POSTED)

chckn

Smash Ace
ESAM, What i'm trying to do is to get the form put out on the forum to be signed, and you get your brother (he should be over 18) or parent to fill it... And you are not the only under 18 (not 16 my bad).. a person that's coming to the tourney is 12...

But then i get the *****in message about forged signatures from the assistant director of the place.... ignore on that part.

As far as counterpicks... Norfair, Pirate Ship, and Frigate. I have uncertainty so it's either i leave it as is or remove one... But i removed stadium 2 cuz it screws people over sometimes...
Sounds good bro. I personally hate pirate ship but that really doesnt matter. Norfair and Pirate Ship are pretty widely accepted as cps but banning them is up to you lol. And yeah I feel you on ps2, thats the only cp that I really feel doesnt deserve to be one.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I could sign it..... I'm going and I'm 40, wait why am I still playing this game.
MCRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB
Stop getting owned by snakes side tilt in teams.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should show up seeing as I haven't been in a tournament for brawl yet. So yea count me in please.

ruiisu

Smash Rookie

Already PMed... Please add myself (Ruiisu) and my cousin (Jester) to the roster...we are to join the brawl!

See you guys there!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Everyone needs to come to this, I'm talking to you CFL and NFL people. This has been delayed too long for a lot of good people not to show up.
Yo man, you gotta come to my tournament too. Let the rest of FIU know about it then let me know who is considering it. I'm too lazy to call people.:ohwell:

Blazing (LOLI)

Smash Rookie
Just signed up to say that I'll be coming to this with a friend (Lint), so if you could put us both in the first post that would be great.
A note: we're both 16, which apparently doesn't require a consent form, but if it does please send me the form so I can get it filled.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine might come, but he is still undecided. Could you add him to the list as well.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Attendence updated and goddam we need to seriously limit some non-FIU people from participating cuz there may be some other FIU students coming too... but we'll see....

I WANT MORE TVS AND WIIS PLEASE!!!! SO THE TOURNAMENT CAN RUN SMOOTHLY AND FASTER

pridy

:]
hey is the consent form for minors up yet if it is lemme know to get to it

somefatkid

Smash Rookie

Me and my friend luis will be going to your tourney so put us on the list please

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Nevershootme, you said that you updated the list, yet my friend (McFinn) and I are not currently on the list. Would you please add us. Thank you.

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
Could you please add my friend (luis) to the list thats my doubles partner ; )

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I wanna Rsvp Me (Snipa4800)and my bro (Crazyspade) will be there :D.
Well be there for sure , marked my calender =P.

gallax

Smash Hero
rsvp me. i can bring one wii.

and if its possible... can i hitch a ride with someone? i can help pay for gas. i live a little north of stuart.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Yeah, if FIU will allow it, I think there should be more people allowed to come. If anything we can fake a 64 man bracket to give to them to show only 64 people played.

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'll see if i can convince the staff if we can break the 64 person cap... But tomorrow hopefully i'll get the consent form file to upload...

edit: seriously, i'm gonna need more TV's and Wii's again, cuz 11 isn't cutting it for the mass amount of people

Edit again: I'm thinking of pulling a 60/25/15 pot setup, if everyone agrees of course. but if the tourney breaks into like 80+ people, should i do what gigs does for it's pot?

EDIT DUH: Remember, if this goes well, we'll throw a major tournament (along with other games) every 2 months...

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
Of course

What do you expect this is the only tourney posted on smashboards in all of south miami im coming from 216th st to make it to this thing

i'll see if i can convince the staff if we can break the 64 person cap... But tomorrow hopefully i'll get the consent form file to upload...

edit: seriously, i'm gonna need more TV's and Wii's again, cuz 11 isn't cutting it for the mass amount of people

nevershootme

Smash Master
IMPORTANT UPDATE....

Because the staff have been bit-ching at me on the cap concern. IT'S NOW FIRST COME FIRST SERVE WITH PRIORITY FOR THE RSVP LIST.

SERIOUSLY... READ IT

ALSO. DOUBLES MUST START AT NOON AND SINGLES MUST START AT 1PM! THE STAFF DOES NOT WANT TO STAY PAST 10PM

NOW... START COMING EARLY ON SATURDAY BECAUSE I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYONE PAST NOON

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wait..so we only have one hour for doubles? And...the ppl who already registered are on the RSVP list or we must get there before 63 other ppl.

Edit: GALAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, we gotta play some pika dittoes dude. Maybe we can do double pika team if you don't have a partner.

Top Bottom