• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I'm gunna say don't ban him, but lulz if he gets banned. Making it easier for Snake mains :D. gg whiny babies. xd

vicious1990

Smash Apprentice
i think that silly arguement about picking MK because you are losing is bullcrap. And with the counterpicking system thing is false too. if you are good with certain stages that are legal you could beat anyone regardless of character. if you practice hard enough too!!

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I read the Pro ban side, now onto anti ban.

Before I cast my vote, Id like to say something....

I honestly can't wait to see what happens if he does get banned.... I wanna see what the MK mains will do...

IcyLight

Smash Lord
the truely good players will still do very well at tournaments, just not as metaknight =]. i'de like to see him banned though, at apex every one of my matches out of pools was vs. mk =[

stingers

Smash Obsessed
For Argument 2 in anti-ban, you can't access the thread unless (I'm assuming) you're in the backroom

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I honestly can't wait to see what happens if he does get banned.... I wanna see what the MK mains will do...
The good players will learn another characters.

The ones who suck at the game with complain and quit.

FLA

Smash Rookie

He shouldn't be banned.

Even low tier characters can beat Meta Knight. FOW vs. Tyrant.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
^

Because Tyrant is sooo good against Ness.
Please.

Staco

Smash Champion
So, if MK is banned and Snake gets a 25% winning majority at tourneys, do we bann him?!

Does any1 got some character rankings for melee and ssb64?
I want to see if one char got 20-30% majority, so that we can bann him. =)

Allied

Smash Master

He shouldn't be banned.

Even low tier characters can beat Meta Knight. FOW vs. Tyrant.
Back under the bridge with you, you ill-informed troll

Jeez i hate people who come out and spew random snapple facts they hear about

if your going to post something make it smart

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
So, if MK is banned and Snake gets a 25% winning majority at tourneys, do we bann him?!

Does any1 got some character rankings for melee and ssb64?
I want to see if one char got 20-30% majority, so that we can bann him. =)
Snake has counters already, metaknight doesn't.

So no Snake won't get 25% of the winnings.

Back under the bridge with you, you ill-informed troll

Jeez i hate people who come out and spew random snapple facts they hear about

if your going to post something make it smart
NJ is turning you into a mini Inui. Oh god

arch knight

Smash Lord
I would have to say both sides are well written; even from a meta main's point of view.

however the anti does have a far better point over pro. Of all the tournaments posted here and what ive seen and participated in there are not thousands of metas dominating "tournament" level brawling. I mean seriously if meta was so overused why doesnt he take 1st 2nd and 3rd?

Btw you people who vote and post something thats not argueable Deserve to have your vote removed. -.-
(my opinion)

Allied

Smash Master
Snake has counters already, metaknight doesn't.

So no Snake won't get 25% of the winnings.

NJ is turning you into a mini Inui. Oh god
lol random thinks he knows about me

>.>

i like meep's point of view however i'm just neutral atm

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Metaknight does have an unfair advantage over most if not all of the cast. He just has qualities which are posted above that make him unfair. I don't believe this ban metaknight thing wouldn't of gotten this far if it made no sense, so I'm gonna vote yes for ban.
I agree with Lactose with unfair advantages at times, but we can't ban Mk because if you look at every fighting game, there is always a character whose is broken and overpowered at times like Akuma in SF2, Rugal and Orochi in the KOF series, and Sagat in SF4. The point is almost every fighter has their share of overpowered characters at times plus the metagame is still young we whined about Fox in melee at first but we found ways to defeat him and Ally beat M2k twice and he got beat again at EVO this year and this is best MK in the country so if we do this this will weaken our character roster and makes us look weak and seem like a bunch a *****'s in front of the other fighting game communties and that's going to tell them if there is a character that we hate, we ban that character every chance we get. Also the other fighting game communties have problems like this at times but they don't ban those characters and they deal with it and get on with their lives. and that's my 2 cents on this banning.

Staco

Smash Champion
so
Ally is ****** the **** out of everyone, he beats all the DDDs etc. and he even beats the top MK players
no, I think Snake doesnt get any counter, if played right

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I agree with Lactose with unfair advantages at times, but we can't ban Mk because if you look at every fighting game, there is always a character whose is broken and overpowered at times like Akuma in SF2, Rugal and Orochi in the KOF series, and Sagat in SF4. The point is almost every fighter has their share of overpowered characters at times plus the metagame is still young we whined about Fox in melee at first but we found ways to defeat him and Ally beat M2k twice and he got beat again at EVO this year and this is best MK in the country so if we do this this will weaken our character roster and makes us look weak and seem like a bunch a *****'s in front of the other fighting game communties and that's going to tell them if there is a character that we hate, we ban that character every chance we get. Also the other fighting game communties have problems like this at times but they don't ban those characters and they deal with it and get on with their lives. and that's my 2 cents on this banning.
your argument would be viable but you said sagat was broken in SF4. i lol'ed

judge!

Smash Ace
cry more pro ban sides. watch the floods of snakes and IC take over. its not like 90% of you mid tier/ low tier will place any higher. if anything you will place lower since by now if u dont know the mk matchup your epic fail. ill go2 tourneys with my ic and snake if hes banned. and laugh my *** when i infinite all of you and ftilt your *****.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I don't really want to see Meta Knight get banned, but considering how uber his is, it really would help level out tournaments if he was restricted. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much; never used Meta Knight, haven't had much trouble against them. But being a Falcon and Ganondorf supporter, who's match ups against Meta Knight are horrifically levied in Meta's favor, I'm going to have to say "Yes".

"Yes, we can."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom