• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
You mean they'd look down on us for trying to balance and improve our game? lol

Call off the poll then! I can't imagine what I'd even do if some SF players thought less of me D8

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol at the IC point.

Will make everyone play there mains an ICs arent broken just a weak really weak counterpoint

An trust me 80% is a dump thrown out exaggerated number no1 even knows how to play ICs yet other than not to get grabbed much better than not to get "anything" by MK.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
yup thats what iv been talking with people for a while now. say the IC curve is hard to learn all you want. IC CG knocks out literally probebly 80% of the cast. let me put it this way. if you were a gannon player would u rather fight lain/meep...or m2k. You might at leats have fun faceing the best mk. but you wont even land a hit on a pro IC.
ICs are no where near as easy to pick up as MK. AKA, all the people who use MK because his easy won't be able to use them. This only leaves the players that actually are good. THEY might move onto ICs, but I doubt even half of them will.

If you were a Ganon player? Is that a joke?? Ganon's worst matchup is Ice Climbers indefinitely. Why would you even bring that up? How about an actual viable character?

Suspect

Smash Hero
do you know who is in the SBR? If you do then you should no IC are not ever gonna be brought up about anything..

jbandrew

Smash Lord
yup thats what iv been talking with people for a while now. say the IC curve is hard to learn all you want. IC CG knocks out literally probebly 80% of the cast. let me put it this way. if you were a gannon player would u rather fight lain/meep...or m2k. You might at leats have fun faceing the best mk. but you wont even land a hit on a pro IC.

At least you can still CP IC's. I can beat really good IC's with Luigi, and Snake and even marth can do very well vs IC's too. Everyone has been concentrating too much on MK to let anyone elses metagame grow too much anyway, so I say ban MK and we'll see how IC's do later. I'd love to F-smash a Nana running back to Popo with snake. :laugh:

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
You know what'd be better:

Give little ballots at the next upcoming tournaments, and count the votes from there.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
No MK banning please.

your argument would be viable but you said sagat was broken in SF4. i lol'ed
Akuma IS banned in ST Fox wasn't considerd the best until the 8th tier list. You have no idea what your talking about. Know your facts before you post.;)
My bad but still we can not ban MK. I don't use MK but i don't want him banned either. Other communites already hates us cause they think smash is not a true fighter, why give them another version to spit on us and think of like ****.
And that is my 2 cents again on this debate.

bobson

Smash Lord
I'm torn.

I want to keep Metaknight in because he's the most hilarious thing in the metagame, but I think the reaction from all the Metaknight players if he does get banned would be equally hilarious.

meepxzero

Smash Master
lmao i remember jv 4 stocking a ganon... yea everyones gonna mad jump on ic/snake once mk is gone. no more icy ditto finals please we have enough of those in md/va.

judge!

Smash Ace
me and hunger quit tourneys if hes banned. the SBR is mostly just a bunch if winey people. some of us mk mains (tyrant me dojo m2k kingace raven anti dsf) did not put a years worth of time into mk for him to be banned because a bunch of wifi players and low tiers want him banned cause they cant win a tourney reguardless. Theres what 5 mks that can even make money in tourneys? cry more...srsly

IcyLight

Smash Lord
you do know it is extremely easy to not get grabbed by a medicore/decent IC's. Even if you do get grabbed it doesn't mean the end of the game, look at m2k at apex, he was grabbed multiple times and lain still messed up, it's not like IC's grabs are the easiest **** in the world to do, i can do them on only half the cast, but i never really practiced it. (in training mode, 0-death consistent), but come time a tourney match it's a lot harder to do and it's really difficult to even get a grab off on someone good

Allied

Smash Master
MK isn't that easy to pick up anyway =/ i'm leaning more on the anti-ban side because i dont want a icies flood

but idk yet neutral

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
some of us mk mains (tyrant me dojo m2k kingace raven anti dsf) did not put a years worth of time into mk for him to be banned because a bunch of wifi players and low tiers want him banned cause they cant win a tourney reguardless.
Brawl has only been out for a year >_>

This poll means nothing to me. (see sig)

DarkAura

Smash Lord
me and hunger quit tourneys if hes banned. the SBR is mostly just a bunch if winey people. some of us mk mains (tyrant me dojo m2k kingace raven anti dsf) did not put a years worth of time into mk for him to be banned because a bunch of wifi players and low tiers want him banned cause they cant win a tourney reguardless. Theres what 5 mks that can even make money in tourneys? cry more...srsly
although i already voted pro ban... this post slightly changed my mind... Banning him may completely remove some top competitors from tournaments

Llumys

Smash Champion
I think it's hilarious how some pro-ban people still keep throwing out the same few arguments.

I think there should be requirements to post, regardless if it would make myself ineligible to vote.

Why would WiFi players care about this poll? It clearly states that if Meta's banned, it'll be from competitive Brawl.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Everyone has been concentrating too much on MK to let anyone elses metagame grow too much anyway, so I say ban MK and we'll see how IC's do later. :laugh:
Let the meta game evolve for the rest of the cast Mk has slowed down everyone since the release of this crappy game

I hope you do quit you whiny lil *****

bigman40

Smash Master
Why is this debate still going? Just flat out do better than them man. People act like playing uphill battles are criminal these days....

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
wtf is this IC bs I'm seeing?

Does anyone even understand that the level of skill and focus required to master them?

fkn scrubs >BO

Master Raven

Smash Master
Learning curve is not a good criteria for banning something.

ICs are hard, but eventually one learns to use the CG as consistently as one can win tournies with MK.

Let's just go by recent tourney results shall we? :)

Somehow I can see this ending in an epic civil war within the community itself rofl

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
hoenstly haveing no bad match ups of stages makes him unfair as there are no other characters cabale of that
Snake wouldnn't completly take over as he has 4 -5 bad match ups and they are all reasonably high tiers.
Every other character has bad match ups so it is completly impossible for any other character to take that top spot since there will 4 -5 vieing for it as well as every person having 3-4 counterpicks as well, making the game much more diverse.
MK is by definition beatable but the game would be a lot better without him in it

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Everyone needs to think about it though. It's been a year, Meta Knights have always dominated tournaments since the game was released. But he's slowly been getting lower and lower as ATs and metagames to oppose him have become known. Yes, he is a pain in the neck, but is he really that big of a deal?

Based on Tournaments the past few months, Meta Knights haven't been taking the lead as much as they used to. They've actually been getting slaughtered. So my final decision is "No". Meta Knight shouldn't be banned. If he was to be banned, it should have happened back in the day when he was an absolute pain; where no one knew a way to pass through his metagame.

Banning him is just silly.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I personally don't mind whether MK is banned or not. I voted No, though, because his metagame domination really hasn't bothered me.

Llumys, great sig. <333noel

hunger!

Smash Champion
heres what i dont get. people want mk banned. but in the most recent tournies EVERYWHERE (excluding evo) Snake has been winning everything. Not Mk.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Meta Knights have always dominated tournaments since the game was released.
No. He hasn't.

My last post was supposed to be my last post here but this is my real last post here. The post I quoted just irked me.

judge!

Smash Ace
ICs are no where near as easy to pick up as MK. AKA, all the people who use MK because his easy won't be able to use them. This only leaves the players that actually are good. THEY might move onto ICs, but I doubt even half of them will.

If you were a Ganon player? Is that a joke?? Ganon's worst matchup is Ice Climbers indefinitely. Why would you even bring that up? How about an actual viable character?
falcon,PT,DK,bowser,d3,mario,luigi,samus,falco,fox,wolf,pikachu,yoshi,jigglypuff,gannon,ZSS,ike,diddy,kirby,sonic,olimar,pit,link,zelda,TL

meep do you agree that IC counter these chars harder then mk does. and snake fills in the rest even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom