• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
so
Ally is ****** the **** out of everyone, he beats all the DDDs etc. and he even beats the top MK players
no, I think Snake doesnt get any counter, if played right
Or maybe, you know, he's playing at an EXTREMELY HIGH LEVEL.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The WiFi community will become non-existant if MK is banned. Everyone will leave WiFi because they can't beat someone that's better than them without spamming nado or D Smash with MK. DON'T DO IT SCRUBS.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Who cares if he gets banned

NY/NJ WOULD BECOME THE TOURNAMENT SPOT BECAUSE WE NOT BANNING HIM AT OUR TOURNAMENTS ROFLMAO

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
lol random thinks he knows about me

>.>

i like meep's point of view however i'm just neutral atm
LOL

ohman dave ohman.

Who cares if he gets banned

NY/NJ WOULD BECOME THE TOURNAMENT SPOT BECAUSE WE NOT BANNING HIM AT OUR TOURNAMENTS ROFLMAO
And they will also lose entrants because the TO isn't following SBR rules. ENJOY UR $10 GRAND PRIZE!!>!!>!>!>!>!>!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I agree with Lactose with unfair advantages at times, but we can't ban Mk because if you look at every fighting game, there is always a character whose is broken and overpowered at times like Akuma in SF2, Rugal and Orochi in the KOF series, and Sagat in SF4. The point is almost every fighter has their share of overpowered characters at times plus the metagame is still young we whined about Fox in melee at first but we found ways to defeat him and Ally beat M2k twice and he got beat again at EVO this year and this is best MK in the country so if we do this this will weaken our character roster and makes us look weak and seem like a bunch a *****'s in front of the other fighting game communties and that's going to tell them if there is a character that we hate, we ban that character every chance we get. Also the other fighting game communties have problems like this at times but they don't ban those characters and they deal with it and get on with their lives. and that's my 2 cents on this banning.
Akuma IS banned in ST Fox wasn't considerd the best until the 8th tier list. You have no idea what your talking about. Know your facts before you post.;)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
The WiFi community will become non-existant if MK is banned. Everyone will leave WiFi because they can't beat someone that's better than them without spamming nado or D Smash with MK. DON'T DO IT SCRUBS.
Go Ike? Falco? Annoying people with projectiles?

:093:

arch knight

Smash Lord
Stereotype much....

Everyone assumes thats all a meta does now...

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LOL

ohman dave ohman.

And they will also lose entrants because the TO isn't following SBR rules. ENJOY UR $10 GRAND PRIZE!!>!!>!>!>!>!>!
Nope it would be

1) The Old Fashioned Way

or

2) The Meta Knight Cry-Baby Way

Master Raven

Smash Master
I have read the arguments and decided to vote "No" because recent tourney results over the last few months suggest to me that his dominance is thinning.

However, if he is to be banned nevertheless, so be it. All the more reason for me to go Snake, and maybe ICs for ****s and giggles. Judge let's infinite everyone's **** :laugh:

Allied

Smash Master
LOL

ohman dave ohman.

Your absolutely a trolling fool

>.>

No one would lose entrants the only people who wouldnt show up is part of PA

(sorry chibo <3)

edit - @ icylight i forgot to quote him so i didnt wanna say it to the guy above lol

he is trash though as a human being with no logic

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I would like to state that I read both sides of the arguement full way through before placing my vote.

My vote is that no, there is not enough reasons for Metaknight to be banned in tournament play.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
my bad but still, we can not ban Mk, i don't play Mk but i don't want to ban him either.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I just noticed when Meta Knight get's banned

Ice Climber mains will come out

Infinite everyone

Win tournaments

Then everyone will try to ban IC's too.

judge!

Smash Ace
indeed raven. dont take offense to this any of you SBR peach samus etc players. but if you really think your placeing will be higher to mk being banned...idk what to tell you cause it wont.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
Venezuela wants Meta Knight banned too.
Notable players who wants him banned:
ItoxBlade (Olimar)
Dalub (TL)
Vexx (Marth)
Bakuryu (Peach)
Yugi (Samus)

Eyce Theon

Smash Cadet
I quit Brawl for Melee about a year ago after making my own decisions about the game. Even though MK is far more dominant than any character in any other game currently being played at a competitive level, banning him still wouldn't get people like me to come back to the game. He's just one of a large list of problems/negative opinions I have about Brawl, none of which would be solved easily.

Not trying to call up the Brawl junkies to start defending their game or anything. I'm just saying that I have my own opinions, and MK is insignificant in comparison to other things I dislike about it. I did vote yes on the ban though. I do see it as a futile effort, but it's a step in the right direction for you guys regardless.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No one is going to try to ban ICs. That's ridiculous.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
^^^^

Really, if you're a top player, and you vote not to ban MK, just because you have something to prove, you're being unbelievably selfish. This is about the good of the community. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.
So that means you could basically jump onto the ban wagon of whichever pro is for the ban? Then you're definitely on top of the world, amirite? ;D

Might as well ban Eddie from Guilty Gear also. You pro-banners are wimps.

judge!

Smash Ace
I just noticed when Meta Knight get's banned

Ice Climber mains will come out

Infinite everyone

Win tournaments

Then everyone will try to ban IC's too.

yup thats what iv been talking with people for a while now. say the IC curve is hard to learn all you want. IC CG knocks out literally probebly 80% of the cast. let me put it this way. if you were a gannon player would u rather fight lain/meep...or m2k. You might at leats have fun faceing the best mk. but you wont even land a hit on a pro IC.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
SBR needs to get off this whole MK ban **** and take a good look at if Ice Climbers are broken, FAR more debateable then this whole Mk nonsense

edit: i didnt even read other ppls post besides the OP, and I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH ICs BEING FAR MORE HARMFUL TO THE BRAWL METAGAME

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how beating M2K being beat by an incredibly talented Snake lessens the validity of the fact that MK goes even with or ***** the whole roster, which easily lessens diversity when people have to choose mains to focus on that have a chance against MK if they want to win.

Snake, the character that would be the best if MK was gone, actually has noticeably bad matchups and stages to cp him with.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My bad but still we can not ban MK. I don't use MK but i don't want him banned either. Other communites already hates us cause they think smash is not a true fighter, why give them another version to spit on us and think of like ****.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
yup thats what iv been talking with people for a while now. say the IC curve is hard to learn all you want. IC CG knocks out literally probebly 80% of the cast. let me put it this way. if you were a gannon player would u rather fight lain/meep...or m2k. You might at leats have fun faceing the best mk. but you wont even land a hit on a pro IC.
Lol, people play Ganon?
And I'd rather fight M2K cuz I heard he's aggressive, which would be fun. :p
But I'd rather face lain than Spammerer or DMG, lol.

:093:

azila123

Smash Rookie
I wish meta would be banned. He's broken :/ if he were banned, pretty much my whole life would be changed :p.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
But judge they are letting scrubs and the Wi-Fi players who don't go to irl tournaments at all vote.

So it's most likely bye bye meta knight.

---

I wish meta would be banned. He's broken :/ if he were banned, pretty much my whole life would be changed :p.
Prime example of what i just said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom