• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Brookman

Smash Hero
@ toma: I would be more impressed if you didn't **** up some of the simplest **** in the game for the remainder of the match. That said, vro obviously sucks.

fthrow > tech chase was baller as **** tho.

if you drop off the ledge you can time it by using the same timing as a wavedash. thats how i do it consistently.
That is the same thing Eggm told me the other day.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I can't think of any cases where I feel low angled F-tilt is the best available option for covering a Firefox. It's good vs Illusions sometimes (I like U-tilt and other stuff more but w/e) and covering certain jumps or whatever but... yeah. If they're coming low and I'm stuck onstage, I find Dair is more reliable because it hits lower. If they're at super low percent, D-smash is easier and stays out longer in a useful way (iirc). If I can grab the edge, any of ledgehop Bair, Dair, or Shine are easier and more consistently good.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Or my all time favorite edgeguard: shield at the edge, let the Firefox pass through your shield, then wavedash forward and bair them before they land. Or grab if bair is too slow.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i remember that after you got out your crew forfeited. First time i've seen a crew battle not get played out.

... classy

unknown522

Some guy
I wouldn't know. I don't smoke weed.

But they used it as an excuse not to play, so what can I do?

Well, I don't mind. It's not like there was money on the line anyway, but that's what happened.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
That is the same thing Eggm told me the other day.
It's really true. I can do them consistently for the most part. I'm actually better in tourney matches with it because I never think about it. If you just think about it as a wavedash it's a lot easier to do. I got pretty good with it after m2k when nuts with it at Pound 4.

My main issue with doing it is that it still isn't my first option recovering from the ledge. Which for Fox since it's pretty much nonpunishable it probably should be.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ sveet: if raynex and myself were there too, i think we could have probably beaten whatever crew unknown was playing without getting to our 4rth guy lololol

CloneHat

Smash Champion
So when I'm playing Falco, he sits there and lasers me. It restricts movement a lot, and if I end up shielding, I get the classic shine dair pressure, forcing me into an unfavourable situation. What do I do when I'm getting lasered?

Secondly, if I end up getting shield pressured, I've been told that shine out of shield is the best way to escape. If this is true, then when am I supposed to use it? What is the best time to try and break out, where Falco is the most vulnerable and I have the least amount of shieldstun?

Thanks

Lovage

Smash Hero
So when I'm playing Falco, he sits there and lasers me. It restricts movement a lot, and if I end up shielding, I get the classic shine dair pressure, forcing me into an unfavourable situation. What do I do when I'm getting lasered?

welcome to falco

don't worry we're all trying to figure it out too lol

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
so what do you guys think of DROP FROM LEDGE SHINE TURNAROUND DJ WAVELAND UPTILT

legit

leffen

Smash Champion
^LOL doing that is so wierd...
Its a wierd mixup if you have spammed shineturnaround bair and you've made them react to the shine xD Otherwise you should just normal waveland-turnaround utilt :D

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Chivalruse, I love your knowledge of the midwest. You're one of the few oor players who has any idea of realistically evaluating midwest players/skill.
dat youtube
with that being said, I think vro's marth would tap great britain

unknown522

Some guy
welcome to falco

don't worry we're all trying to figure it out too lol
one day we'll figure it out.

Secondly, if I end up getting shield pressured, I've been told that shine out of shield is the best way to escape. If this is true, then when am I supposed to use it? What is the best time to try and break out, where Falco is the most vulnerable and I have the least amount of shieldstun?

Thanks
The right time varies a lot. There's some partial guessing that goes into it. Your best bet is doing it after the aerial (unless they do it low).

Also, if they are trying to space around your shine oos, then WD oos away from them, so that you don't have to roll.

What are some good counter pick stages against falcon?
yoshi's, FoD

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm totally inspired to download a dolphin now to cap frame perfect images. OMG. Mind PM'ing me with a mini-tutorial or something, if you have time, of course ^_^

and/or links to programs

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Chivalruse, I love your knowledge of the midwest. You're one of the few oor players who has any idea of realistically evaluating midwest players/skill.
dat youtube
with that being said, I think vro's marth would tap great britain
I'm know everything about every smash scene. Dat YouTube indeed. :p

I can't think of any cases where I feel low angled F-tilt is the best available option for covering a Firefox. It's good vs Illusions sometimes (I like U-tilt and other stuff more but w/e) and covering certain jumps or whatever but... yeah. If they're coming low and I'm stuck onstage, I find Dair is more reliable because it hits lower. If they're at super low percent, D-smash is easier and stays out longer in a useful way (iirc). If I can grab the edge, any of ledgehop Bair, Dair, or Shine are easier and more consistently good.
just to clarify, i was talkin about when theyre coming towards the ledge from above the ledge. ftilt wouldnt be one of my first choices if they were comin from below.

damn, this thread is the spot Lol

Brookman

Smash Hero
What are some good counter picks against sheik?
Any stage you feel like you can out play the other person on. There are no 'gimmees' in this game. You gotta work for your wins, especially if you're up against a better player.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
well, there's a couple, i mean like fox on yoshi's provides alot more for him against floaties, most ban it for that 'gimmeee' reason

but for shiek it's really not about that, since not alot of stage things are involved in this matchup,

so basically it comes down to whether you like playing against shiek in a tightened area with less room to move, but quicker kills, or 'generally' take longer on kills but you have more room to get hits in without trading a **** ton of percent.

picking a stage on this matchup is pretty personal preference.

Top Bottom