• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
If you're getting CC shined, one of two things is usually happening: you're nairing at him when you shouldn't be (try to nair him to cut his SHL, and not when he's just chillin on the ground), or you didn't space your bair properly.

More straightforwardly, drill beats crouch cancel shine.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Are you sure drill at low% always beats cc shine?

It feels like it should but at 0% I get ccshined more than not. Then again sometimes I don't ff. Iono if it matters tho

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Also has to do with the number of drill attacks hit before you land.

More drill hit confirms = greater ratio of hitstun:lag = more chance of success.
Less drill hit confirms = smaller ratio of hitstun:lag = less sucess

more drills also gives them more time to sdi, but they are CC'ing, they probably aren't sdi'ing.

it also depends on what you're doing after the drill, faster things like drill->shine will work more often than slower things like drill grab.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Rofl Sinji, I used to do that in the Brawl General Discussion, like, plagiarize a post on the last page that got some replies and made a lot of sense, see what would happen.

Only got noticed two times.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
No, you cannot cc shine drills, period. Drill puts you into a flinch animation no matter what, and barring SDI will combo into shine.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
When people talk about waveshining out of shield, do they mean shine OoS into a wavedash, or wavedash OoS into a shine? Or does either one count?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
O___O

Well that's much more difficult, then. That'd require a near-perfect (if not perfect) shine OoS...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
No, you cannot cc shine drills, period. Drill puts you into a flinch animation no matter what, and barring SDI will combo into shine.
indeed, but if they are holding down and mashing shine, it can on occaion beat your drillgrab or drilluptilt or somehting

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
At the moment. I'm having no luck with multishining with fox. I'm trying to find an efficient way to multishine as fox. Any tips/pointers/advice?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
raynex are you going to apex? MM my samus?
Yes I am, and I accept. Should be fun!

best options to deal with falco's crouch cancel shine?
A few people have already dropped good advice, so I think your question has been more or less answered. To reiterate what has already been said / give my 2 cents:

Against a Falco that blatantly sits there and crouches, dair (can't be CCed) and grab are your best options. If you really want to be fancy you can do a late nair into most of Fox's moveset :cool:.

Dair has less range than nair, but is great when you're aiming for a fixed location. Nair is still awesome when trying to overshoot against DDs, so don't be afraid to use it. They can't always hold down!

A cool trick when you have a Falco cornered near an edge: Approach with nair, but purposely place it a bit short of the opponent. If they CC it, you've spaced yourself and Falco's shine will miss, resulting in a free grab. If they block your nair, go into standard shine pressure. This doesn't work as well midstage because Falco's are always running backwards, and if you nair short of your target you've gained nothing. Cornering your opponent is always a plus.

Just try to be mindful of when you can take advantage of obvious attempts to CC, and dair when you find openings in his defense.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
are you going to RoM4? i'm probably going to Apex too but I'd like to play you before then.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
indeed, but if they are holding down and mashing shine, it can on occaion beat your drillgrab or drilluptilt or somehting
aren't those drills improperly done? as in too early or like the planets align and instead of asdi away your opponent is rapidly mashing down b. I thought late driill into shine, if they don't DI out, was a 100%

voorhese

Smash Master
At the moment. I'm having no luck with multishining with fox. I'm trying to find an efficient way to multishine as fox. Any tips/pointers/advice?
just try to shine twice, thats the extend of multishining you really need. and to practice just press b, lift your finger to y, then hit it while sliding down to b again

JPOBS

Smash Hero
aren't those drills improperly done? as in too early or like the planets align and instead of asdi away your opponent is rapidly mashing down b. I thought late driill into shine, if they don't DI out, was a 100%

Yea it is, but you won't always get perfect drills. i'm just explaining why all drills aren't created equally.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah but i mean you need to REALLY **** up a drill to get shined out of it. i mean like missing your l-cancel. just slightly mis-timing or mis-spacing it is not sufficient to get shined out of.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea and on top of that, it just becomes even easier 4 you to Asdi away which is what you normally do. I don't know why ppl would be trying to CC shine during a fox dair.

Top Bottom