• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Wow. Is this easy/consistent enough that it's worth actively trying to run into it?

And are there any other moves (for any character) that you can apply this tactic to?
DK's often throw out bair without thinking about which hitbox they will get. It's his only real panic move outside dtilt (comes out relatively fast and pushes opponents away.)

Once you identify the visual cues, every bair attempt is a free in. It becomes less of a keep away tool and more of an opening for Fox to begin his offense.

Vs. Marth:

Risky business. If he nairs, you've just given him free damage . If he fairs and he tips or spaces it, you've given him free damage. Running straight in is good to **** up his spacing and force him into close range, but you have to get in there before he swats you away. If you can run right into him when he fairs, you can CC and shine him. Any other move will be too slow to connect I think. Also, because landing cancels his hitstun, no follow-ups are guaranteed. You have to ask yourself, is running directly into Marth's grab range for a shine really worth it?

But yeah, it works.

Vs. Puff:

Run in, hold diagonal down+forward on her nairs. At kill percents you can utilt her before she glides away. Turns every stray nair into a kill opportunity at high percents. We all know how difficult it is to find openings on a solid Jiggs. :mad:

There's so many more I've had success with. Too many to count. Think of a character, apply some simple reasoning, and you can utilize the dash CC too.

Other moves that come to mind:

-Mario/Doc's nair at mid-low percents
-Roy as a character
-Link/Young Link's nair
-Sheik's fair at very low percents
-Sheik's ftilt

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
"Roy as a character" rofl

cool stuff, I'll try it out :o

I do the running shine thing vs Marth a lot though, and abuse the cc, so I guess it's something I'm already doing...?

battousai555

Smash Ace
In order to waveshine->upsmash Marth, do you have to dash->JC upsmash after the waveshine?

This is the only way I've been able to get it to work, so I'm hoping there's another way that's easier for me to do consistently.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
In order to waveshine->upsmash Marth, do you have to dash->JC upsmash after the waveshine?

This is the only way I've been able to get it to work, so I'm hoping there's another way that's easier for me to do consistently.
that is the easy way imo. i always thought fox could just normally waveshine upsmash a marth, but maybe thats only if they di the shine inwards or with no di at all.

EWC

Smash Ace

It's possible to do it just by making your waveshine really long, but honestly it's way easier just to run and upsmash. Especially if it's reverse.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If you get a running start on the shine you don't have to dash. You can do it after the WD, or walk a bit and do it.

But to really **** the match-up you have to learn the dash->JC

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
*using psychic powers*

RaynEX will say he didnt make this sig and that some other canadian (whose name i cant divine) made it. He will then say that the pictures are all from the pound4 top 48 and make the logical leap to saying that it is a sketch filter from those images.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
What percentage should i stop chain grabing falco. im guessing its 50% but im not sure. Any Advice.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL I swear this gets answered every 10 pages. But I don't blame you for not wanting to sift through old pages, so

If he keeps DI'ing, you keep chaingrabbing. Forever. Until usmash KO's.

If he stops DI'ing, then at 50% you have to utilt. Utilt ALWAYS combos into utilt until 75%. Then you can do one aerial into usmash, or one aerial into another aerial.

That's pretty much all you need to know. From there, experiment

JPOBS

Smash Hero
you can also just uptilt->regrab when they di away on the uptilt and then just rinse repeat either uptilting or regrabbing until they die depending on how they choose to di.

PB&J

Smash Hero
at the beginning of rom 3 was sucking against captain falcon, day 2 , i was ****** captain falcon..maybe more sleep...idk

teach me how to me consistent against that american character cf..please

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo trahhh i wanted to play you at rom but sleepyK was rocking your tag the whole time and i couldnt find you

wanted to play vs all of my Fox Q&A homies.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
at the beginning of rom 3 was sucking against captain falcon, day 2 , i was ****** captain falcon..maybe more sleep...idk

teach me how to me consistent against that american character cf..please
i watched some recent videos of you and i noticed that you try to cc down airs too much and you cant do that against c falcon. Like every time you took +-40 damage >_<
When i see more I'll get back to ya!

If c fal tech chases you, the next reaction should not be to tech in place, stand up place, and depending if youre on the edge i recommend rolling towards it. Now if falcon dash dances away hes probably gonna come back with the knee in which case youre kinda ****ed anyway.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falcon is my favorite match-up. I am confident my fox can beat any falcon not named tom, darkrain, ss or hax.

Edit- and I'm coming for u tom!!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
RaynEX is your signature a sketch drawn or just a sketch filter?
*using psychic powers*

RaynEX will say he didnt make this sig and that some other canadian (whose name i cant divine) made it. He will then say that the pictures are all from the pound4 top 48 and make the logical leap to saying that it is a sketch filter from those images.
A fellow Canadian named Blowtoes hooked me up with this bombastic sig.

I always thought he recreated it on paper, but after a second look and some quick research, Sveet's sketch filter proposition seems far more plausible. It was a gift to us from Blowtoes for having made it to brackets.

brookman, were you always just brookman? i feel like i never saw you around awhile back.

did you gais fox ditto?
Brookman is OG. Back when I first started posting here in 06/07 Brookman was running the Fox board. He (sadly) went on a 2 year hiatus and we stopped hearing from him. Brookman would periodically show up at tournaments, so he was always in the scene.

Brookman has always been Brookman in terms of smash tag though. I don't know if he remembers, but the first time we played was in doubles pools at pound 3. Unknown and I vs. him and Kiwii.

Good times.

PB&J

Smash Hero
only fox's i played at rom 3 was jman,lucky, and m2k

m2k lost his edge in fox dittos(rusty with fox imo)

lucky is really good in fox dittos

and jman is broken in fox dittos

learned alot though

next time ill play more fox's

wardobuffalo

Smash Rookie
im trying to get the shorthop double lazzer down but cant reach that good'ol b button fast enough any advise? and if you've got it mastered how long did it take you to master?

Pengie

Smash Lord
If you're having too much trouble moving your thumb from Y/X to b try using up on the control stick to jump. This leaves your right hand free to hit the B button twice.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
isnt waveshining wavedashing->shine... if it was shine->wavedash then it would be called shinedash or shinewave or soemthing

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
lol i don' think it was called waveshining just because the word wave is first and used first.

in most situations, i'm pretty sure you shine and then wavedash. kinda hard to just wavedash right infront of someone then shine them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no one says "shinedash" because that's ********
waveshine = shine -> wavedash.
do not question it.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Well, i personally think wavedash->shine is 100x more useful OoS than shine->wavedash.
Depends on the situation.

If you're getting shield pressured by a fox or falco, then shine oos is a better option than wavedashing out and shining. Remember, wavedashing leaves you vulnerable during the sliding animation.

Top Bottom