• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS8: Revolucion! January 9th 2010, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I asked him about it, it's what he told me.

I don't want to be forced into choosing between the two. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because I tied for 1st and made more money than you :). Thats right, this was all a trap and you went right into it like a blind bear trying to **** his cubs.
I know this only adds insult to insult, but keep in mind, DPhat, that this means that a nobody-Sonic-main also placed higher than you.

I asked him about it, it's what he told me.

I don't want to be forced into choosing between the two. :(
You live in Houston right?
It should be obvious where you want to be...if money's an issue.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
To clear up the confusion about HOBO 22 and FS8.

As a matter of fact, HOBO is going to be the same day. Originally, this tournament didn't have Brawl. I added Brawl because:

1) San Antonio is in need of a revival. We haven't had much activity in the last 6 months, and this will change that.

2) We have made a large investment into the venue, and we need to get as many attendees as possible. We can't really afford a bad turnout.

Regardless, HOBO has always claimed the first weekend of the month, and Xyro does not want to change that, since players are used to it always being the first weekend.

Personally, I'd rather HOBO be moved to the 3rd weekend in January. I planned on this date for several reasons:

1) Last weekend before school starts up again.

2) Originally, there wasn't going to be a HOBO on January 9th. I was a little disappointed to find out there will be one now.

But I respect them as TO's, so if the show must go on for them, I wish them luck.

It's a shame that this is the second time I've claimed a date, and HOBO is scheduled the same day afterwards (FS7 being the last time).

I hope we both get a good turnout. Houston has tons of players that can't travel, so HOBO should still get a good turnout regardless. I encourage people to come to FS8 because, like Niddo said, they only come twice a year.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Regardless, HOBO has always claimed the first weekend of the month, and Xyro does not want to change that, since players are used to it always being the first weekend.
I was gonna say something about January 2nd until:

2) Originally, there wasn't going to be a HOBO on January 9th. I was a little disappointed to find out there will be one now.
It's okay. Austin can come down here and take our money again, if anything else.

God****it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dojo. I demand numerous Sonic vs. Meta Knight friendlies if you show to this.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Actually... more than likely I'll be coming to this.

I may not be going to Pound after all.

EDIT: You got it Espy.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dojo, we're teaming if you do come. We need to figure some synergy out so that if we ever team for a HOBO again, we don't suck it up, lol.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
If Melee is there I'll be there, hopefully I'll keep on winning these! hahaha $12 for a door fee is pretty outrageous though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I will attempt to get hobo 22 on the 2nd of january but no promises. If i cant, it will be on the 9th like planned back in october. we will see.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hooray, I can go to both again. Assuming I have enough money. <_<

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Christmas money come in handy for the higher venue fee; That or I go find a job >.>

So if the location's right... it's next to the airport?
Pretty far off to borrow my brother's car; Guess I'll pay to carpool again.
~ Geoberos

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey! Who the hell am I gonna team with then?! Also, hype this to Melee players plx? I want there to be more than 10 people lawl.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Dojo, we're teaming if you do come. We need to figure some synergy out so that if we ever team for a HOBO again, we don't suck it up, lol.

As sexy as that is..... We HAVE to see Broken Arrow. I mean it is such a rare occurrence.

Oh, and most likely going to this.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey everybody, DuggFinn is now attending this event! She'll be a big help with the brackets and she'll also be bringing her part of her massive collection of TVs too.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
That I hope doesn't get stolen. So KM what happened at the meeting cause we all woke up late cause they went to bed at 6 in the morning.

But in the end SA and Austin are a little bit closer after yesterday. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
That I hope doesn't get stolen. So KM what happened at the meeting cause we all woke up late cause they went to bed at 6 in the morning.

But in the end SA and Austin are a little bit closer after yesterday. :)
We worked out equipment. We have Monster and Gamebox coming out as sponsors. Chickenwing was there, able to give advice, and he got a pot bonus for SCIV and Tekken 6.

At some point this week, in the afternoon, I want to visit the venue and speak with the owner. He also offers catering, so I will see what kind of food we can get.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, guess you're right, T-Pax. Didn't know that Santi was planning on coming to this. KPrime, you want to team for this? I'll give it a shot as long as you promise not to randomly kill yourself w/ fresh stocks :p

Santi

Smash Lord
I wasn't planning on it.
But I have a partner now mwahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom