• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fthrow/Dthrow Chaingrab Thread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Working on the vid now...chill, its with somebody trying to escape. Shows MK, Snake, D3, Wolf, Sheik, and Fox.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks for updating the OP, Tag. I'll update the guide with this when I do all the other edits as well.

As for the people automatically saying "This doesn't work," I understand that sentiment..... I didn't believe it at first either when Tag & Prime were talking about it in the chat (sorry guys, lol, didn't wanna get my hopes up). But people have been testing it in real matches, offline, against other good players, and I know that Bear and ESAM have both said they're working on getting vids up. Be patient.

:)

CY

Smash Ace
i really hope this doesn't work. this will pretty much kill falco because tournaments i attend, people play to win to the max. meaning, insta pika CP :o

ah well i'll just pick up marth or something

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i really hope this doesn't work. this will pretty much kill falco because tournaments i attend, people play to win to the max. meaning, insta pika CP :o

ah well i'll just pick up marth or something
Wise choice. Best thing to a Pikachu Counter. (I'd say his only match that's 35-65)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Vid is being published on movie maker and will be uploaded shortly thereafter. I only did Wolf, Sheik, Fox, Snake, MK, DDD, and Falco (yes it does work on falco)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why would i mind? Anything for the pikas *bows* i didn't test any of the other ones because imo 2 grabs doesn't really make a difference..

Yes i did, and it didn't work. You won't realistically get more than 1 pummel on the wolf at that time, and the 2nd DDD thing he gets out if i pummel once or twice. Don't ask...its weird as ****.

Veng

Smash Ace
whats buffering a grab?

so for falco. get him to 20-30% then dthrow like you would on fox?

i dont get buffering... does this mean grabbing at the perfect time so you dont shield...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its grabbing in the 11 frame window before it ends. my simple analogy is- cg like you were playing online, and that brief setback in grabs buffers it. make sure to hit z fast though (as in dont hold it)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Basically. I personally use Z-stick (grab function on the C-stick) so i never shield, so you guys have to pracitce more :p. Yes, you just input a grab after you shield, but before the grab is actually over...just practice it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well no, its the fact that if you do it too early you will not grab, and if you do it too late you will shield.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Thanks ESAM. Ill add the video right now.

Yeah the grab is weird because it isnt visual, which is why we missed it before.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, these things are so awesome... The Snake chains kinda make me worry though. At least my Pikachu has another thing to use against Snakes, buuuut if my Snake runs into another Pika, I'm gonna have some problems... I guess I should be glad that I can escape with the grenade since I will rip people's heads off for the 4th port. The d-throw over the ledge ruins that though... :/

Aaaaaaarg! This is a strange mixture of happiness and sadness at the same time! D:

Did you test Falco's shine for his CG?
people are saying he can escape at around 70% with it.
The Falco's are already saying that they can't do anything about it. The only thing that can get them out of it before 100% is if they're on Lylat and it tips.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well never mind then, i'm obviously crazy. :p
Better for pikachus anyways. xD

Masky

Smash Master
Question: Let's say I grab MK at 30%, Snake at 50%, or Falco at 50% with a fresh dthrow. Can I still dthrow CG them to the maximum percentage, or do I need to start the CG at the lowest possible percent?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Working on the vid now...chill, its with somebody trying to escape. Shows MK, Snake, D3, Wolf, Sheik, and Fox.
Awww.... Poor Sheik :(
I might just have to use Zelda for the Pika matches now.

One question though, can you spam the grab button to buffer it, or can you only press it once?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, using the c-stick to grab makes the cg rediculously easier to perform and buffer. Its the same reason i use c-stick to grab to do the DDD infinite.

That kind of grab is called either Z-sticking or Brick-sticking.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Awww.... Poor Sheik :(
I might just have to use Zelda for the Pika matches now.

One question though, can you spam the grab button to buffer it, or can you only press it once?
Spamming the grab button can cause you to misstime the regrab or shield. You have the last 10 frames of his dthrow to regrab.
So, as someone else put it, it's like doing it online with lag : you do it before you see it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Question: Let's say I grab MK at 30%, Snake at 50%, or Falco at 50% with a fresh dthrow. Can I still dthrow CG them to the maximum percentage, or do I need to start the CG at the lowest possible percent?
cap % have not been tested yet unfortunately.

nothing.

Smash Rookie
This was found by someone in Japan. We don't know when he found it, but it could of been 6 months ago.
they found about the buffer grab about 10 month ago.

Prime did say that the MK can escape the grab if they SDI almost every single frame, but it works in all other instances. Every time I have tried it, it has worked.
how could you SDI every single frame?
is he doing it on homebrew hack or something?
if he is, i would like to know more about it.
if there is something like a debug mode, i'm pretty sure japanese would love it since they have no knowledge about hacks.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
thanks for the video esam, i think the visual effect will help everyone to get it down, that and practice

Top Bottom