• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Dr Peepee to Smashers' Reunion(Norway): Current Status- Paying dudes back

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sup guys,

I'm trying to go to Smashers' Reunion( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309106 ) in Norway this summer to play some PAL with my pals in Europe. I think it would be a great opportunity for the smash community at large to have some more traveling between countries. While I can probably only do this once, I'm hoping I may be able to start a trend or something lol.

I have been monitoring prices on Kayak to see what prices to Europe looked like, and I think I will set the goal of this fund at $1250. This may have to be adjusted somewhat if prices go too much past that amount(because I also have hotel and food to pay for and don't want to get stranded/starved out there lol), but that will only happen if the price goes way past $1250(so, if it goes up to $1325 or something similar, I won't change the price lol).

As the only reasonable incentive I can currently think of, I'll take requests for smash-related things to do while in Norway for those that donate. I'll try my best to fulfill all requests of anyone that donates, no matter how much money is donated by each person, but I may have to end up focusing on those that donate a little more in the event that there are simply too many requests and I won't be able to remember/execute them all while still trying to win the tournament haha. Also, no crazy requests like Peach dittoing Armada in tournament will be accepted lol. =p

I think I'll update the thread title or OP(which would you guys prefer?) with the amount reached so far out of the total, and I'll obviously book asap once I have as much money as it costs for a ticket(or fairly close to it).

I'm really excited for this fund, and I thank everyone who donates very VERY much in advance! <3

Um, I may also use this thread to ask advice about travel or other things related to this trip. I imagine the knowledgeable people here will be able to help me for sure. =)

Edit I'm ******** my paypal is kevnanney@gmail.com LOL

Beat!

Smash Master
wtf you made a fund for yourself so selfish not gonna donate

Now that I've gotten that hilarious joke out of the system, I'll donate as soon as possible. See ya there. =)

Armada

Smash Lord
PP in Europe would have been so awesome!

I will try to put in some money =)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I can't donate right now...but I can bump the thread.

I say you do a live stream if possible sometime and accept donations. That's smash related...or else a cinnamon challenge.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Didn't you hear Mahone? NCSU said they made a mistake and the room isn't going to be available that day, so we might not have a tournament. It's too bad, because I was going to bring my PAL cube for PP to practice with.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I can't donate right now...but I can bump the thread.

I say you do a live stream if possible sometime and accept donations. That's smash related...or else a cinnamon challenge.
if I can figure out how to stream without spending too much I may do it if that'll help lol.

looool that cinnamon challenge though bleh

How much to get you to shave? LOL
LMAO well I did shave but I'll grow it all back and shave again if it'll help my trip ;)

depends where.

I'll donate to this irl... this weekend i guess...
SHUT UP MAHONE OMG

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea we need more falco's at euro tourneys
send a DK player instead IMO :troll:
Might donate to this if I have some spare cash. Good luck Kev!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not sure why it matters who sets it up in the first place. Wouldn't me taking the initiative to search for prices and find a good goal to set the fund up at look better than if someone just did it suddenly and yelled "hype"?

If it's that big of a deal I guess I can just give control of the fund/thread to someone else.....

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just before the prices go up much haha. I guess if I had to pick a deadline, I'd say sometime early in/middle of May. Prices would probably go up quickly past that point haha. I'm making the thread early to hopefully raise money way before a problem arises related to that, though.

Also thanks for the help! =)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm not sure why it matters who sets it up in the first place. Wouldn't me taking the initiative to search for prices and find a good goal to set the fund up at look better than if someone just did it suddenly and yelled "hype"?

If it's that big of a deal I guess I can just give control of the fund/thread to someone else.....
Don't worry, they're just upset you didn't ask them to make the topic.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I do want to try to donate a little but I'm pretty deep in the hole atm.

If I can get to civil war 4 I'd prefer to give it to you there, assuming you're going.

:phone:

Mahone

Smash Champion

logically, no it doesn't matter and you are being mature and smart, realistically, yeah it does matter cuz thats just how the world works lol

Don't worry, they're just upset you didn't ask them to make the topic.
ya, ur so right ahhaha good one man XDDDDD so funny hahaha

Also, did people really find what strongbad said funny? I'm so out of touch with humor nowadays.... maybe it was the trollface... did u guys find it funny cuz he used the trollface to indicate that he was trolling? Was it the fact that you didn't have to use any context to figure out whether he was joking since a convenient icon was there to show you the way?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mahone is so sad
why does he have an avatar of sad joker?

Kal

Smash Champion
It was funny, regardless of the trollface. I think the trollface was for the occasional noob who comes by and feels the need to explain the joke: "but the winnings at Pound 5 were stolen by the TO!"

Seriously, your Joker avatar is depressing as balls. Use this one:

or this one:

Max?

Smash Champion
It's a recession. Times is tough.

I'm not donating to anyone so they can travel and play a video game.

Get a job

Max?

Smash Champion
Well he main's Falco, so I would hope people expose him. If he used Marth that would be cool.

The only way I would donate is if he used the winnings from the tournament to reimburse the people who donated to him in the first place.

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone is so sad
why does he have an avatar of sad joker?
Wouldn't you be sad if you didn't find something funny but everyone else was laughing?

It was funny, regardless of the trollface. I think the trollface was for the occasional noob who comes by and feels the need to explain the joke: "but the winnings at Pound 5 were stolen by the TO!"
the first one is robin and the second one is old joker from that garbage batman beyond series lol

Well he main's Falco, so I would hope people expose him. If he used Marth that would be cool.

The only way I would donate is if he used the winnings from the tournament to reimburse the people who donated to him in the first place.
ya i agree, i think loaning is bettering that donating

Kal

Smash Champion
I know the first one is Tim Drake. It's still an awesome picture. Both are from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker which is an awesome movie. The series isn't as good (mostly, it's that they went too far with their target audience, which made it kiddy, and that the characters from McGinnis' rogue gallery were never given enough depth), but I would hardly call it garbage.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya i really liked that movie, but i didn't like the show at all.... when i was a kid i watched it and enjoyed it, but when i went back and watched an episode i was like... wow this is really shallow, i dunno man, maybe by itself it isn't garbage, but when i compare it to batman the animated series it seems pretty bad

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, The Animated Series was amazing, up until the end where it started getting really absurd ("we're trapped in time!", a line even Kevin Conroy can't pull off). But Batman Beyond has a lot of potential, and I think taking it in a darker direction, towards an older audience, would have made it amazing. The interaction between Terry and Bruce were more than enough to make the show worthwhile.

Also, that ****ing Epilogue from Justice League: Unlimited was terrible.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
(mostly, it's that they went too far with their target audience, which made it kiddy, and that the characters from McGinnis' rogue gallery were never given enough depth)
Yeah that was basically Beyond's problems in a nutshell. It did have its moments (mostly thanks to old Bruce), but overall it's simply not as good as the original Batman TAS (though to be fair, Batman TAS was amazing and hard to measure up to).

At the very least, I'd recommend watching the Beyond episode "Out of the Past". It's the only episode by Paul Dini and it shows; it's waaaay better than all the other episodes (except maybe "Rebirth" which was kinda cool)

EDIT:
The Animated Series was amazing, up until the end where it started getting really absurd
Yeah the last season had a few really bizarre episodes lol. Fortunately it also had some really good ones to make up for it.

As for the topic at hand, I'd only consider donating if you play Marth. Falco's lame.

Kal

Smash Champion
I think the entire series was worth watching. It's just annoying to see an awesome plot involving Bane and Venom, only to be beaten over the head with "drugs are bad." Thank you, executive meddling.

Top Bottom