• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Dr Peepee to Smashers' Reunion(Norway): Current Status- Paying dudes back

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
ya i really liked that movie, but i didn't like the show at all.... when i was a kid i watched it and enjoyed it, but when i went back and watched an episode i was like... wow this is really shallow, i dunno man, maybe by itself it isn't garbage, but when i compare it to batman the animated series it seems pretty bad
batman the animated series is almost the only batman to me Batman Beyond was ok but you can't compare it to Batman the animated series i actually kinda ignore the movies because they just don't compare

PS:I really can't stand christian bale....

Kal

Smash Champion
**** Christian Bale, The Dark Knight, Maggie whatever-her-last-name-is, and that scene in Batman Begins where Batman says "I don't have to save you."

The Animated Series movies are mostly good. Mystery of the Batwoman was kind of terrible, but Mask of the Phantasm and the Mr. Freeze movie were both really good. Oh, and Tim Burton's Batman wasn't bad. Joker being the guy who killed Batman's folks was sort of a weird twist.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What how are you guys getting on the subject of batman.....

Also Kev as much you are the coolest dude and I'd love to help, I am a college student and therefore completely broke lol.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
No i only meant the movies that weren't animated almost every movie related to Batman the animated series is great.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman

Also Kev as much you are the coolest dude and I'd love to help, I am a college student and therefore completely broke lol.
Dr. PP -> Captain America Avatar -> Super Heroes -> Batman -> Trolling

You're a mod aren't you supposed to know how this works?

Kal

Smash Champion
In my defense, I would think this thread belongs in some sort of social discussion, since it's not exactly Melee Discussion. =P

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
what we are trying to get at is if Peepee dresses like Batman and or captain America more people will donate. I still can't no job

Kal

Smash Champion
I would donate if PP promised to dress up as Batman at this tournament.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I would donate all the money you need if you went as Falco dressed as Captain America dressed as Batman, but played Marth.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well he main's Falco, so I would hope people expose him. If he used Marth that would be cool.

The only way I would donate is if he used the winnings from the tournament to reimburse the people who donated to him in the first place.
you're negative ALL of the time.

also I would use winnings for:

1. putting toward new donations

or

2. reimbursing people that donated

kinda depends, but I wouldn't mind giving back to the people. I had no intention of keeping any winnings from this tournament and will have to pay for hotel and food on my own.

sheez if I'd known there'd be so much resistance here when there used to not be any for funds....

it's k <3

In my defense, I would think this thread belongs in some sort of social discussion, since it's not exactly Melee Discussion. =P
other funds went here and it was fine <.<

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm gonna donate anyway, but since this request thingy or w/e was brought up I guess I'll just ask for a decent amount of friendlies. Maybe I'll even donate a little extra. =p

Why is everyone so hype about super heroes btw. The genre is decent at best. Watch good series/movied instead...

shots fired

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You should go with the idea of dressing as Batman the whole tournament. I'm pretty sure that would get a lot of donations.

Also, Adam West Batman is the greatest. No other Batman can compare to him. So dress as Adam West Batman.

Then you could download that Batman Captain Falcon texture and play the whole tournament using that. Or get someone to make a Batman Marth.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just sent ya $20 PP

Why the **** is everyone choosing now as the time to get picky about where they send their money? Bad Japanese players who ended up not coming anyways had a much easier time with their apex donation thread.

stelzig

Smash Lord
you're negative ALL of the time.

also I would use winnings for:

1. putting toward new donations

or

2. reimbursing people that donated

kinda depends, but I wouldn't mind giving back to the people. I had no intention of keeping any winnings from this tournament and will have to pay for hotel and food on my own.
I can respect either of those decisions. Might donate.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Just sent ya $20 PP

Why the **** is everyone choosing now as the time to get picky about where they send their money? Bad Japanese players who ended up not coming anyways had a much easier time with their apex donation thread.
Lol so true. Where was mach dash?

Big_R

Smash Champion
There's not anything really wrong with this cuz PP is upfront and everything....but really it's just a bad PR move. Donations alllways work better when it's someone else doing it and the person who is benefiting is in the background. Too late now tho... Good luck tho I don't think you shouldn't go or anything.

It's the same reason bums are looked down on or w/e

Slhoka

Smash Lord
To be quite honest I don't thinks it's that bad.

PP wants to go to Norway and he realized he cannot afford it alone. He decides to take care of himself, sends a PM to me, Marc and Leffen to get some information regarding funds and a trip to Norway.
And one it's done he makes the thread himself. He shows that he's interested and that he's thought about it. In my opinion that's good.

@PP : I'll donate something in the next few days.

leffen

Smash Champion
Ill be donating soon.

I find it incredible that people are willing to THROW money at Shiz for what, FOUR different tournaments when he doesn't care about the game anymore, he doesn't give ANY information about why how when, and he ALMOST didn't go to Apex too...

but when one of the best players, who constantly writes LONG *** posts everyday, to share his ideas, PP is the only top player who REALLY goes out of his way to help people and you whine over the fact that hes honest and upfront about the whole thing?
I'm sorry, but after the ****ing fiasko that was CJ+ MachDash that happened solely because they did the opposite thing and didnt do it themselves how can you even discuss this >_>

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i tend to donate 60% of singles and doubles entry to you kevin. i plan to continue that trend i guess.

maybe i'll mm your kirby again soon.

Beat!

Smash Master
Maybe this is just me being cynical, but I get this weird feeling that part of the extra hesitation in this case is because this fund isn't for an american tournament.

I hope I'm wrong.

Kal

Smash Champion
In a sense, you are right, but I don't think it's that players realize that the tournament is not American and refuse to donate. Instead, we just see that there is virtually no chance of us attending this, and that the only reason many of us would want to donate in the first is in the hopes of seeing Señor Pepe there in person.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's only a bad PR move if you're not someone like PP =).

It's like increasing the contrast of an image. Dark pixels get darker, but if your pixel is bright enough, it will get brighter instead.

Beat!

Smash Master
the only reason many of us would want to donate in the first is in the hopes of seeing Señor Pepe there in person.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Insta respect loss for me at least.

Kal

Smash Champion
You lose respect for American players who don't give Peepee money? That seems... peculiar. It's more or less exactly what Max said earlier: I'm not likely to donate money so someone can go play a video game overseas, and this is especially true when I'm not even invested in the event.

Beat!

Smash Master
No, only for those who would've donated to someone who was trying to get to an american tournament.

Otherwise it'd be dumb lmao.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
even if u dont c him in person u can still probably see another pp vs armada set on youtube later

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just sent ya $20 PP

Thank you! =)

PP we should talk dirty on AIM again sometime.

edit: maybe you can convince me to donate a few dollars this way ;]
The dirtiest dollars I'll eva make ;)

even if u dont c him in person u can still probably see another pp vs armada set on youtube later
It'll be a tight set too

Top Bottom