• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Raiser for Armada Donations goal reached

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
why the **** would you question my logic, i just gave the man $200 and it doesnt harm u in any way.

he uses his money smash money to support his family? nice people who cut back on their own life for the betterment of others deserve a reward, otherwise they'll stop doing it eventually. (i know first hand)

this is armada's reward.

Amide

Smash Lord
LOL you serious? If you are well then you are the coolest guy ever... But that's just crazy

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
why the **** would you question my logic, i just gave the man $200 and it doesnt harm u in any way.

he uses his money smash money to support his family? nice people who cut back on their own life for the betterment of others deserve a reward, otherwise they'll stop doing it eventually. (i know first hand)

this is armada's reward.
i wasnt questioning

i was awestruck by the fact that such kindness existed

CaptainRanD0

Smash Apprentice

this is armada's reward.
wow props to you sir

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
LOL you serious? If you are well then you are the coolest guy ever... But that's just crazy
i wasnt questioning

i was awestruck by the fact that such kindness existed
Violence paid for Hungrybox's plane ticket to DGDTJ and challenged Hungrybox to a $100 money match at the end of the tournament knowing that he'll lose the money match anyway in order to say thanks to Hungrybox for taking the time and effort to fly out to NorCal. So essentially, Violence just gave Hungrybox $500. :)

Reposting this in case people missed it by being awestruck by Roneblaster's post and for people who are using 40 ppp like me:

Also is there a way to bypass the transaction fee? I heard if you put money from one PayPal account to another Paypal account, the transaction fee isn't taken into account. Can anyone confirm this? Does putting money from your own bank account into your own PayPal account induce a transaction fee? Can anyone confirm this? I haven't used PayPal before, but I'll still donate.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman

this is armada's reward.
I just wanna say that's really awesome of you. I can't believe there's generosity like this around these days. Really touching :(.

Amide

Smash Lord
Violence paid for Hungrybox's plane ticket to DGDTJ and challenged Hungrybox to a $100 money match at the end of the tournament knowing that he'll lose the money match anyway in order to say thanks to Hungrybox for taking the time and effort to fly out to NorCal. So essentially, Violence just gave Hungrybox $500. :)
That really happened? I had no idea. Props to Violence :). Very few, including me, would have the heart to do that.

And roneblaster, that was like, a bonus christmas gift for like everyone lol. Nice work :).

strawhats

Smash Master
Roneblaster and all of you have just proved that there r still amazing people left in the world. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I just wanna say that's really awesome of you. I can't believe there's generosity like this around these days. Really touching :(.
That really happened? I had no idea. Props to Violence :). Very few, including me, would have the heart to do that.

And roneblaster, that was like, a bonus christmas gift for like everyone lol. Nice work :).
The community is why I play Melee. If it wasn't for the friendliness, kindness, and generosity of the community, I wouldn't be playing Melee. Good Player Fund, donating money to players, lending people money, housing people, buying people food, giving people rides, teaching people how to improve, uploading videos without expecting anything in return, running pools at local tournament to grow the community even though it is more work for the TO, etc. is what makes the Melee community great. :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
roneblaster you are previously reneblade right?

i will wave your entrance fee and venue fee. you're a great dude.

i already donated 50, armada deserves it. that brings us to almost 400 in 1 day, right?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
aite good deal. ur coming to pound right? melee only? ill add u to the registrant list if so.

Violence

Smash Lord

Reposting this in case people missed it by being awestruck by Roneblaster's post and for people who are using 40 ppp like me:
Whoooaaa whoaaa whoa...

I didn't give Juangrybox 500 dollars... when he got here, I reimbursed him $200 for his ticket, pretty much saying that whatever money he made from the tournament, he'd pay me until the 200 was paid off, and then he could keep the rest, since I figured he'd place pretty high and get plenty enough to pay me off and make a comfortable gain on a fun weekend in Norcal.

He paid me $100 from his $115 in doubles winnings on day 1, and on day 2 he finished in 4th place, which I don't think people really expected. He still owed me $100, but I don't think he received very much from the pot. Taking into account that there were 16 pools with 6 people in each pool, each of them paying 10 dollars, I don't think 4th place gets much more than 10-15% of that, and I'd be taking pretty much everything else that Hbox would've made, outside of money matches.

I paid for Hungrybox's ticket, not because I like the guy, I had never met him(though I think he's a decent guy now), I did it because I wanted him to come to Norcal so that West Coast could have their shot at him again. And we did. And it was epic. I figured that was good enough, and decided to let him keep the last $100 that he owed me from the plane ticket. In essence, I gave him $100, not $500.

If HBox had taken first, I wouldn't have hesitated to take my $100 back, since he'd be sitting pretty with 50-60% of $960 after that.

I'm not THAT generous.

With that said, good ****ing ****, Reneblade. Melee community is top ****ing tier.

I would be donating, but I don't have a paypal, and I can't get one without a credit card... which I can't get up here without a work permit... which I can't get for a few months. So I can't donate until Pound is over with, but I probably would if I could.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

wow........

edit - oh nvm

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

this is armada's reward.
good stuff

and this is actually truth

Armada

Smash Lord

this is armada's reward.
I can´t find words to explain how happy that maked me <3.

This community <3.

almost 400 dollars is REALLY good =).
Thanks a lot to everyone =).

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Out of laziness, what made him remember how bad the melee community is?

Doesn't it seem like everyone from our 'disrespectful community' kind of leaves the brawl guys alone, but they just keep starting **** randomly...
Nah it was just because Sliq was "annoying" him so he got mad.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
peach players should be forced to give the rest of the $$$ :D

hey armada, any chance i could get some friendlies with you @ P5?

Top Bottom